Started on: 03-13-2000 11:36 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: deceler8 on 03-21-2000 05:17 PM
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2000 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I just saw on the news where PETA is sponsoring a new ad campaign on colleges that says, "Got Beer?"
The PETA representative said that beer is more nutritious than milk. She went on to say that no animals are harmed in the production of beer, therefore it is a more animal friendly drink. I dont believe that animals should be mistreated, I love my dogs, fish and cat very much, but to claim that drinking beer is preferred to milk because of the treatment of dairy cows? Come on! What kind of message is that sending to our kids? I have nothing against beer, but this campaign is just goofy.
Dont believe it? Check it out: http://www.milksucks.com/beersurvey.html

[This message has been edited by Cooter (edited 03-13-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wkayl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'm a member of PETA!!!

People who
Eat
Tastey
Animals

Deer_Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
I swear, those PETA members are full of crap.
They just outht to give up because no one seems to take them seriously. I'm in the same PETA group as wkayl. That was a good one.
Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
I still didn’t believe it, I went to the Official PETA web site.
HOLY COW!!
They are being serious!

By the way, PETA is also using “Jesus“ as their new spokesperson.

I am man, I am Carnivore!!

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
PETA people are crazy.

I grilled my first steaks of 2000 last week when we had all that 70-degree weather - woo hoo! I figure we'll have to endure one, maybe two more snowfalls and then it's grilling season. I love being at the top of the food chain - animals taste great!

"Time to fire up Propane Elaine and put the heat to the meat!" -Ned Flanders

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
Corona and Corn Flakes... although a good idea I like looking at the Mayfield Cow in the morning.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat much meat. I still love burgers, and turkey at thanksgiving and christmas.. and a ham and swiss cheese sandwich.. mmm.

but this thing is crazy. I love milk. and I don't like beer.. People have got to be complaining about this.. "got beer?"... that's crazy.. stupid too. kids are already starting to drink younger and younger.. this can only make it worse..

Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it's not hunting season because I just got the sudden urge to kill something and eat it.

Shut up, PETA! I like beer and I don't want it tainted by your stupid campaign. I also like milk and cheese too.

Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2000 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
Saw a bumper sticker I liked. Went like this "I LIKE CATS, THEY TASTE JUST LIKE CHICKEN."
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
If we were intended to be vegetarians our eyes would be on the side of our head.
Got Steak!
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
When PETA started their crap about the Turkeys at thanksgiving, I thought they were getting a bit over zealous, now I know that they are just plain fruity.

I think this is just a ploy to gain more membership during spring break. I mean, If you set up a tent on Daytona Beach, FL and put a sign on top that says "Got Beer?"...That will be the most popular spot on the beach during spring break. Im not saying its right, Im just venturing an opinion as to what will happen.

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
"CAT. The Other White Meat."
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40727 posts
Member since Oct 1999
JUST kidding!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40727 posts
Member since Oct 1999
I do, however, think that we should stop animal testing.

They get all nervous and get the wrong answers.

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if this is true or not (got it in an email from a friend), but I heard that when they were filming the movie Shawshank Redemption, PETA complained about the scene in which Tim Robbins picks a maggot out of his lunch and an old prisoner (Brooks?) asks for the maggot, then feeds it to his pet blackbird.

PETA felt that feeding a live maggot to a bird was inhumane and insisted that the maggot be euthanized in alcohol first. Otherwise, they would refuse to endore the film and would protest if the producers claimed that no animals were harmed in the making of the motion picture.

These people are crazy.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I heard about the maggot scene too. PETA is something else aren't they. I think with all their "rules" animals get better treatment than they do.

Brooks was the librarian, (the one who went psycho when he heard they were letting him go(in the movie))

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Its nice that PETA is trying to stand up for some animal rights. There is mistreatment of these animals in some places. But don't get me wrong, I eat meat all of the time. However, how does promoting beer help anyone? Sure I drink beer, and happen to be a college student. I certainly don't think beer drinking needs to be encouraged any further. Instead of mistreating animals, we'll just have humans killing each other on the highways, and dying from alcohol poisoning.

Oh, and PETA, drunk drivers kill animals too!

hehe, it would be almost funny if they weren't serious

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Just remember folks that for us to live something must die be it animal or vegatable. Just because you can't hear it scream when you pull a veggie out of the ground doesn't mean you're not killing it.
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2000 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
The "got beer" campaign is sure to go down in the annals of marketing along with "Herb" of Burger King fame and "Who Wants to marry a Multi-Millionaire".

Maybe that'll be the next Fox special..."Who wants to marry someone who made their millions on the backs of poor mistreated animals"...

I'll be sure to have about a 3/4 pound burger and some pork rinds handy when I tune in while sitting in my leather chair...oops...forgot the beer.

sully5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sully5Send a Private Message to sully5Direct Link to This Post
wakyl, how can I join your PETA division?
FIEROCIOUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROCIOUSSend a Private Message to FIEROCIOUSDirect Link to This Post
Meat is murder.
And murder tastes mighty good!
J/K
Get your hand off my hiney!
Hienekin beer!
PFF
System Bot
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2000 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
sully5
To become a member is a 2 step process:

Step 1: Get some tasty animal meat.
Step 2: Eat the tasty animal meat

Deer_Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
Hey you all, I have an idea. Lets e-mail this page to the PETA organization itself. they like to speek their mind no matter how many people it stirs up. We can give them a dose of their own medicine! Just a suggestion.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Talk about inviting a flame war...
We'll all have to "hide" our e-mail addresses, or be spammed forever.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
maybe some have u have seen it, but there is a video of some people blowing up a dead whale w/dynamite... i think we should send that to em.
RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2000 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeDirect Link to This Post
If God intended us to be vegetarions, he would have made vegetables out of meat.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2000 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
I like my tasty animals medium well.

I come from a heavily agricultural area in upstate NY. I also live in one of the nations top production states of chickens.

Generally PETA is like most other extremist groups. They don't really have the first clue what the hell they are talking about.

No serious farmer treats the animals baddly. It's too fragging expensive. Most farms in this country are just hanging on as it is.

PETA activists should spend some time down on the farm and see just how damn hard it is to keep 100,000 chickens alive thru a thunderstorm or even a small heat wave.

I lived in the middle of about 12 dairy farms... They bring the cows in, feed and milk, and send them back out side. Except if it's too fragging cold.

Do I think all farming is done well? no. The chicken and pork industry is also some of the most poluting farming you can do. unlike dairy, poultry waste is extreamly high in phosphorus. Tyson foods has faught every bit of anti polution regulation in every state they operate in. including Delaware.

Deer_Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2000 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
When I saw Peta's reasons why beer was better than milk, they listed protein as a negative component in milk. Don't get me wrong, but do you need protein? Also, why is it that vegitarians neither look nor smell good?
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2000 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
yes, we all need protein. they probably get their info by twisting the truth. protein CAN BE bad in LARGE quantities to people who do not exercise regularly (read that as lifting weights). high protein is normally only dangerous to people who already have kidney problems, but it does not necassarily cause them. also people who have health problems associated w/protein usually have a high intake of saturated fats as well (fat in the monounsaturated form is good for you). fyi (since im already talking about it) cholesteroul (sp) is not really a bad guy, its actually a very good guy as ALL hormones use it as a base & ALL cells need it. it is when it is oxidized that it turns into the sticky bad guy... take your antioxidents & dont go over board.

i agree, pure vegitarians are very unhealthy. sickly looking too. we need meat. we were designed to be omnivores. the animal is not going to grow up to be a sports star, or cure aids, or become president (well maybe before a woman.... j/k jeez), & it will die any way so hey, why not eat it when its young & tasty.

deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2000 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
The footage of the whale being blown up was about the funniest thing I've ever seen...whoever did it (I believe the sheriff's dept. came up with this idea, whereever they were) miscalculated a little...I guess onlookers were pelted with rotting blubber, which also broke car windows. And most of the whale remained intact afterward.

"Use enough dynamite there, Butch? "

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock