Any Athlon guru's out there? by Greg Piet
Started on: 03-08-2000 05:25 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Greg Piet on 03-09-2000 01:27 PM
Greg Piet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
Im having a problem with my SD11 and my v4 fore feedback steering wheel
if you think you may be able to help please check out http://amdzone.pcstats.com/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=5911
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2000 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
The flicker you mentioned sounds more like video related problem? It sounds like you've updated everything BUT the video driver. What video card do you have? I'm guessing you have some sort of 3D accelerator, right? Most of the 3D cards seem to be rather "quirky" when it comes that sort of thing. I've run into all sorts of very strange video related problems with my VooDoo3 and AMD motherboard. So far, they've all been corrected by updating my drivers(5 different versions so far!) You might try turning down your 'hardware acceleration' under start/settings/control panel/system/performance/graphics. Just move the slider all the way to the left and apply the changes. It'll probably ask to reboot. Many times video related issues will subside when you decrease it. Might me worth a try.
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2000 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
The video settings did not affect the joystick. The flicker is only apparent when the system is running "full bore", and the whell then doesnt work. If the system is turned down (im guessing the bus speed), then the flicker isnt there and the wheel works fine.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock