Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I've had it up to here with Girl Scout cookies!!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I've had it up to here with Girl Scout cookies!!! by Robert
Started on: 03-06-2000 10:37 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: bHooper on 03-10-2000 10:24 PM
Robert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageClick Here to Email RobertSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
In the last two weeks we have been overrun with Girl Scouts selling these boxes of cookies. I’m telling you, I’ve shelled out over $30 in support of the Girl Scouts. But no mater how much I buy, the next day there is a whole new batch of girls in front of my local store. Now they are even in front of the video store. Not only that, but my doorbell rings every night with some neighborhood kid selling cookies. Then at work, my co-workers bring in boxes to sell from their own kids. I just got on the scale, I’VE GAINED 4 POUNDS!!!! I’ve got a tennis tournament in two weeks! These girls are ruining my game! My garbage can is full of empty cookie boxes!
Does anyone out there have creative ways to avoid the “Cookie Monsters” in front of the stores? My first try failed miserably; I tossed a tennis ball ahead of me as I was leaving the store. I figured the girls would be distracted long enough for me to “slide” on past.
WRONG. They stopped me in the parking lot to return the ball and requested I buy a box of Samoas cookies as a reward. What could I do? Another $3 donation.

Help me, Help me.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiClick Here to Email william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Robert,

There was a "Johnny Bravo" cartoon about this very topic. In the end there was no escaping them. Sorry, you are doomed. Of course some players (like Agassi) play as least as well if not sometimes better when slightly over weight and out of shape.

William T. Thorn, III

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
At the elementary school where I teach, I hate fund raisers. Guess who gets asked by every current and former student to buy candy bars, cookies, wrapping paper etc etc etc etc. . . . . . AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! But then again, I would rather see kids selling cookies that other stuff. And, it's for a good cause. Unfortunatly, my body chemistry is changing in my old age(?) and I cant have extra sweets anymore. Blood sugar problems really stink! But it makes a good excuse not to buy Girl Scout Cookies.
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I was at Lowe's this past weekend and ended up buying two boxes of the mint cookies(my favorites). By the time I got home(20 minutes in mall traffic to go 2 miles) I had gone through an entire package(1/2 the box) by myself. This was on Saturday, those cookies are long gone, I think I finished them on my way to school this morning. Good thing I never gain weight. Forever stuck at 160.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2000 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageClick Here to Email fierospeederSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
ask them if they take foodstamps
Raydar

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 455
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Resistance is futile!
Actually, whenever kids are trying to sell stuff (cookies, band candy, whatever), that I don't want, or already have a closet full of, I'll sometimes just ask them if they'll accept a donation. I'll give them a dollar, or so. Not gonna break the bank, even if the kid just stuffs it in his pocket and spends it. (But I'm *really* not that cynical.)
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiClick Here to Email william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post

Mu-ah-ha-ha-ha (Sinister laugh)... I used to be able to say the same thing just a year ago. Cherish that trait while you have it.

William T. Thorn, III

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Click Here to Email BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post

The last time I weighed 160, I was 13 years old. My right leg probably weighs 120. Constant battle.

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerClick Here to Email ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
It's evil, it really is. The put those sweet little girls up there in front of the stores, asking you to buy cookies all nice and sweet and ****. It's like they are going to cry if you don't buy their cookies. Who wouldn't cave in? Those girls could sell a ketchup popsicle to a guy in a white tuxedo.
b_b_a_d

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b_b_a_dClick Here to Email b_b_a_dSend a Private Message to b_b_a_dDirect Link to This Post
Girl scouts with their cookies are just like the women they will become. You have to be strong and learn to say NO because that is what they will be saying to all those single men out there when they get out of school!

As a matter of fact, you don't have to be single to experience the no part from a woman. I know all you married guys have heard that word more than once....a day. LOL!

[This message has been edited by b_b_a_d (edited 03-07-2000).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
WT III--Wasn't it Agassi that married (briefly) Brooke Shields? How did a guy like him get a girl like her? (And what was that thing between Julia Roberts and that weird looking guy?)

Cooter--Join the diabetic club. Yes. It's a b****.

Drew--I hate you! (Just kidding. I'd love to be stuck at 160! Actually, anything under 240 would be nice! )

BENGAL4--I feel your pain!

b_b_a_d--It's 6am and I've already heard that today!!

PFF
System Bot
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Click Here to Email deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
I really like Girl Scout cookies but don't eat them anymore...what I did last year was tell the little girl that came to the door that I'd pay her for five boxes but that she could keep the cookies.

You could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn't know what to do as I had deviated from the script. So she goes out to the car and talks to Mom for a few minutes and then Mom comes to the door. Mom didn't know what to do so I took the damn cookies and had my wife take them to work.

They must actually teach that honesty crap in Girl Scouts (LOL).

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageClick Here to Email RobertSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
The buz on the tennis courts is Agassis game is much better since he lost that 135 pounds.

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDClick Here to Email DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Back when I was in elementary school, I used to love it when the girl scouts were selling cookies.. all these cute girls would come to my door and talk to me.. heh.. sure I ended up with a bit less money, but I got to talk to girls I liked (strangely enough they didn't talk to me at school...) AND I got some cookies.
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerClick Here to Email ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Julia Roberts was going with Lyle Lovett. I don't know what they are up to now. Lyle is da man! Of course I listen to his music, but besides that, he has this KICK ASS Ducati Monster (motorcycle, for those of us that are confused if something has less than 4 wheels)
RICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RICKClick Here to Email RICKSend a Private Message to RICKDirect Link to This Post
I know how you can get rid of all the cookies...send them to me!!! I need those cookies like I need a hole in my head. I'm also very gravity challenged.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageClick Here to Email SpeedPhreakSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
were very dark terminator type sunglasses, even at night. grow a burly goaty or better yet just the bottom part on your chin (cut the mustache off at the corners of your mouth), wear an old harley jacket w/chains & stuff then walk w/a serious attitude.... not only do the girl scouts/boy scouts/bellringers etc not ask u for anything (except maybe mercy), their parents grab them & move them out of your way.

[This message has been edited by SpeedPhreak (edited 03-09-2000).]

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageClick Here to Email RobertSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
SpeedPhreak: But I already look and dress like that. Have we met before?
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2000 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageClick Here to Email SpeedPhreakSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
wow, u must live in the hood or sumthin where kids arnt scared of much or your harley jacket has fringes instead of chains.
i think its probably in your walk though. u have to walk w/authority. john travolta said the most important thing he does when developing a charachter is his walk. get a book, put it on your head, walk down the.... sorry wrong walk.

i dunno, u ever meet a guy that wears an airbrushed harley jacket & jeans that rides rice rockets?

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2000 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageClick Here to Email RobertSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
You guys aren’t going to believe this. I just got back from an emergence run to the local store for some Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream (for the wife mind you, she’s feeling poorly, flu or something). Ran the gauntlet from the girl scouts on the way in, then in the Ice Cream section I discovered a local ice cream maker is producing “Girl Scout Ice Cream”, with real Girl Scout cookies inside. What next, Girl Scout Bagels? I’m telling you, there is no escape!!!
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2000 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperClick Here to Email bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
i like the chocolate mint ones

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock