I bought a VehiCross!! by Spyder
Started on: 03-05-2000 04:45 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: 2M4 Dale on 03-06-2000 11:58 PM
Spyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of my new VehiCross that I bought Saturday.
I am so proud. I had driven the same blazer for 9 years.
It has 215 horse power, and does 0-60 in 8 seconds.

[This message has been edited by Spyder (edited 03-06-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Umm, what is that? Very interesting looking!
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2000 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageClick Here to Email fierospeederSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I think we got a problem, looks like a SUV.
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
It IS an SUV! I knew it would happen. I'll bet that gets a lot of looks(I love the wheels!!!). Haven't seen any around town yet, but did see 4 Honda S2000s driving around this weekend, among other things.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Do you know how many Fieros you could have bought for $23000??!!!!!
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageClick Here to Email GT BastardSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
That thing looks evil.... Fangs on the grill.
Nice lookin.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilClick Here to Email PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I would love to come up on an S2000 on the street. I can just picture the expression on the drivers face when their $30,000+ machine gets blown away by a 12 yr. old Fiero.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! It's always exciting getting a new vehicle, especially after 9 years! Love the color and the wheels. It must be quite a difference in seating position when you switch between it and the fiero!
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Phil, the s2000 is pretty quick. I think 0-60 is under 6 sec, but you really have to wind it up. Change shift points to 5500, and it takes over 11 sec to hit 60. Every single one was going opposite direction from me , but I did get a thumbs up from a guy in a brand new red Diablo today .

That Izuzu sure is a radical design. Kind of like a floating buble. It looks like visibility out of it would be pretty good. What do the neigbors think of it, I'm sure they noticed it by now.

[This message has been edited by fiero56 (edited 03-05-2000).]

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
The pic doesn’t do it justice.
Everywhere you go, someone is pointing, heads turning, people hanging out their windows to get a look. People speed up to get next to it.
It is not stealthy but, I LOVE IT!
It is 4 wheel drive and I’m not afraid of getting it dirty.
There were only 2,500 made last year and not many more will be made this year.
Vision out the front is great! But you can’t see anything out the back. http://www.vehicross.com/
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiClick Here to Email william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Spyder,

Congratulations on your purchase. I commend you for buying another GM product. I don't mean to sound unimpressed... but isn't it just Amigo mechanicals under the fancy body? It looks as if it is very similar in over all exterior dimensions. I must admit though I have not seen any information about suspension/driveline differences. The thing that I am most interested in is the engine. I wonder if that shares any blood with the 3.5L, DOHC, 215 bhp, 230 lb-ft Olds Shortstar. If not there is an uncanny resemblence on paper. I can't imagine that GM would do this though. I have an idea. Go out and pop the hood and see if the engine (block and all) are aluminum. If not they are just coincidentally similar. If that is the case, it is spooky.

Off of the subject... but that isn't your 300 ZX behind the Izusu is it? If so, I would like to hear about it. I have always (and still do) wanted one of those with the t-t set up. I think that I am drooling now.. so I had better go.

William T. Thorn, III

PFF
System Bot
Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
This is going to sound like a commercial but oh well.
The VehiCross is based on the two-door Isuzu Trooper platform.
It uses a 4 wheel drive “Torque-On-Demand” system that adjusts torque to the wheels that need it. Hence automatic 4 wheel drive. It has a display and I’ve noticed at a stop light it switches to two wheel drive then when you kick it, it adds some power to the front wheels while accelerating.
The engine is 3.5 V6 DOHC, 24 valves, and a computer controlled variable induction system. The block and cylinder head are both aluminum alloy. So that is interesting.
The Amigo has the option for a 3.2 V6 with 205 hp. The suspension and transmission are different than the VehiCross.

The 300zx is sort of mine, well I better say it is my wife‘s. It is naturally aspirated, with custom exhaust. It is fast (it seems fast) and it handles a lot like the Fiero. It has tons of midrange power and it loves the curves. It does have a few more mods that do not help the performance. If you look at it from the side it has the same lines as the Fiero GT Fastback.

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerClick Here to Email ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride Spyder! My neighbor has a white one. I have to say, that is a nice looking car. They havn't changed it much from the prototype show car, which is good. Isuzu makes great stuff too. Me have an '88 Isuzu Trooper II, I-4, 5speed, 4x4. It has 215,000 miles ON THE ORIGINAL CLUTCH (although it's going out) It's a great truck!
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiClick Here to Email william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Interesting!

William T. Thorn, III

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleClick Here to Email 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
LOOKS GREAT !!! Lets go get it MUDDY !!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock