Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I've had enough of the crazy gas prices!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I've had enough of the crazy gas prices!! by loafer87gt
Started on: 03-02-2000 06:19 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: bHooper on 03-03-2000 09:57 PM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Christ! When is the price of gas going to go back down to a reasonable price? Up here in Canada its 73 cents a litre for the lowest octane gas. My GT that used to cost me 25 bucks to fill up is now running me around 33 dollars! I wish the government would have the balls to step and a put some sort of legislation through that puts an end to the price tampering by the oil companies.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
In my process of ranting I didn't see the other thread about gas prices. My oops. I did the conversion and gas up here in Canada is going for $2.31 cents US a gallon. To figure out the conversion I multiplied our price per litre by 4.7 to get it into gallons. I then converted the Canadian funds into US dollars. Were getting bent over royally up here!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Yup. You sure are. But your increase is about the same as our increase. Seems like you've always paid about $.50/liter. We've been paying about $1.18/gal. Basically the same increase. The gov't has nothing to do with it. It's the stinking oil companies. I'd type what I feel about them, but this is a family forum.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
even though it cost more to drive my Jeep. i am briefly enjoying this gas price hike. i bought a oil trust stock 4 or 5 years ago. it had a really nice dividend, which they cut to nothing 2 years ago... causing the stock to plumet like a rock.

but now, it is climbing back up... and i actually got paid a dividend! YEA!!!!

sick, aint it?

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I like it, there's real beauty to that scheme. If gas prices are low, you enjoy low cost driving. If gas prices are high, you get stock dividends to off-set the high gas prices. You can't lose!
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
the sad part is I only own something like 200 or 300 shares. I probably have broken even on the stock... but damit that aint good enough! Never mind, I could've took that money and bough something usefull like Sun Micro, or a Getrag

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock