Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  your take on the china/us/taiwan escapade??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

your take on the china/us/taiwan escapade?? by SpeedPhreak
Started on: 02-29-2000 07:11 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: theogre on 03-03-2000 09:02 PM
SpeedPhreak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
if u havent heard... in a nutshell.. china told taiwan that if it didnt voluntarily reunite then china would use force them to. the us said we would defend taiwan & china is not backing down. we had a ship (kitty hawk) leave japanes port & china saw it as a hostile motion. we sent advisors to china to let them know we would hand them there a$$.
www.washtimes.com/world/news3-02292000.htm

has the latest info.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
A little scary, but I'm not worried. We are still the worlds' ONLY superpower as far as I'm concerned. No one on this earth could whip our butt!
cobra427

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cobra427Send a Private Message to cobra427Direct Link to This Post
you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait and see whats over the horizon. Then be scared...
RICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RICKSend a Private Message to RICKDirect Link to This Post
With me working so much I had no Idea that this was going on. I don't get to watch TV that much.
87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSend a Private Message to 87GTDirect Link to This Post
What worries me is that in the next 5 years, they expect there to be 10 nuclear countries. THe newest being Lebanon, Iraq, and Iran. China is a bit of a mystery country. YOu never know what there going to do. We all know about the other 3 I listed. sigh.. but oh well, at least I have my fiero outside. lol!
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post02-29-2000 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
there is a psychic thats predicting a biological warfare and the US is going to be involved.
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
A lot of these countries have very short memories...

Kuwait doesn't want to increase oil production to reduce prices...hey, didn't we fight a war over there to restore control to the same folks now resisting raising production ?

Iran...The moderates now in control are making overtures to the U.S. for better relations, but they also continue with the "DEATH TO AMERICA" rhetoric to keep the support of conservative clerics. Nice to see that their politics aren't that different from our own.

CHINA...We sacrificed tens of thousands of American lives to defeat the Japanese in WWII which led to the liberation of China. And American business has invested billions in China during the past decade. I say we pull out and have our cheap crappy Wal-Mart **** made elsewhere unless these folks have a change in attitude.

This has been a non-paid commercial advertisement from DECELER8 2000. (LOL)

deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post

deceler8

2139 posts
Member since Sep 1999
Sorry...I just assume Cliff's programming takes out the cuss words and replaces them with asterisks.

Looks like I need to start thinking before I type.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
That's happened before with the "S" word. I don't know what's going on. The programming takes care of everything else.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
does n e 1 know about the nuetron bomb? its supposed to have an effective area simillar to a nuclear warhead but only destroys organic matter, thus leaving buildings & vehicles intact.

china does have nuclear capability thanx to the 1st draft dodger, but from what i understand their missles could only reach cali & maybe nevada.

i havent heard n e thing else since last night when i posted the original message but ill repost as soon as here more... this is kind of scary & exciting as my medical waiver physical to join the marines is coming up in 1 month.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Speed... I admire your courage.
If I was inclined to join the service (and was young enough), I believe I'd wait until Wild Bill was out of office. He doesn't have any respect for the military. Has pretty much run everybody off. The ones that are left are pretty demoralized. (Not like I have any first-hand knowledge in this area, but I've read a great deal that leads me to believe that this is the case.) And he'd like to leave us all with something to remember him by. I wouldn't count on him to have the best interests of our country (or anybody other than himself) in mind when he makes his decisions. Be careful.
<Zipping up flame suit.>
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40726 posts
Member since Oct 1999
BTW... I have a good friend that's a Captain in the Reserves. He's married to a Thai woman. I thought he might have some opinions (or insight) on the subject. Asked him what he thought would happen. He said "China's gonna put them on like an old suit." Or something to that effect. He didn't sound encouraged.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
You Americans don't have to worry, you have the fierce Canadian military to back you up! LOL! That is if they find the keys to our tank and remember which hanger the plane is in! Seriously, our military is in very shoddy shape. Almost every month one of our aging aircraft crashes on training exercies, not real confidence inspiring for our troops.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
thanx radar.. no flames from me.

i think now is an excellent time to join. all kinds of enlistment bonuses & the college fund went up to 50k so if after 4 years if decide thats not what i want ill have life experiance & 50 grand for college.

if we go i think we will win. it will be at high cost to resources & to an extent lifes. i feel, after reading other discussions on the subject, that our best plan is to defend against missle attacks to the us, taiwan, & japan & use our own long range weapons against them... notice the nuetron bomb in my last post. our navy will hopefully be the ones in most danger as missle attacks could wipe out an entire fleet, but they should still be relativly safe w/accurate timely intelligence. our enlistment numbers are at an all time low thanx to clinton again. but this will be a very high tech war. our initial resources (missles) are low & we will have to produce a lot more to go to war, especially w/a country like china (plus w/signed some stupid treaty saying that we cant make any more of a certain type of missle, i forgot which). if we send ground troops, i feel we are looking at another vietnam... we are on there turf, where they have fought for centuries & they have something like 1.2 billion people who dont want us there.

i am interested in biological warfare because i wanted to (& still may) become some sort of virologist/biochemist/microbiologist & this scares the $hit out of me. silent, orderless, colorless & so many wayz to die, slow & painfull (or painless) that we wont notice for years or w/in a few very short excruciating hours. nuclear war is bad but biological is just unthinkable... we should not be messing w/nature like that at all... we as a global race could end up making humans extinct.

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
I hope this takes China off of the Favorable Nation list.
Fighting our own technology. I guess I better brush up on my Chinese, we’ll be speaking it shortly.

[This message has been edited by Spyder (edited 03-01-2000).]

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
"I jumped on the bench, shouting 'kill','kill','kill'"

Alice's Restaurant

Sometimes a lampoon can be oversharpened to where it pierces the hurler's own foot.

OW

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
I follow current events and politics only half-heartedly, so this is not an educated opinion. But doesn't it seem like the Clinton administration goes out of its way to kiss the a$$es of the Chinese?

Oh, you beat and torture dissident citizens? We don't care. Let's normalize relations. Oh, you've set up trade barriers that keep us from selling American products? We don't care. Here, enjoy most-favored-nation status. Oh, you've stolen military secrets from us? We don't care!

I'm surprised we have the sack to stand up to China, even if they're muscling Taiwan.

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
If you think the United States is being spineless over this cituation, take a look at our invertabrate allies.(spelling?) There isn't enough countries that could get together to kick our butts off the planet so I think we should get our allies more together to show ol' China that there economy will take a dump if we really want it to. NEVER buy anything that says,"Made in China" again. It has to be possible.

I like that bomb that blasts carbon everywhere that shorts out everything. They sound very effective for the price. carbon is cheap right? Talk about shutting down comunnication and power sources.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
If you recall, we generally had superior technology in both Korea and Nam. Using Technology against a people like the Chineese doesn't even begine to scratch. While allot of Chineese hate their government, they more often than not hate outsiders more.

You'll find short of nuking the country off the planet that you don't stand a chance of winning sending troops or techno toys at them. You'd have to sink everything bigger than a rowboat to stop them from invading if that's what they really wanted. Problem with that is China might use it as an excuse to flush the Tai's, and anything in the nearby area, from the planet by any means available.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock