My second car.......now THAT was a car! by Robert
Started on: 02-27-2000 01:22 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: kidzwheelz on 02-28-2000 10:42 PM
Robert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
My second car was a Nash American, about a 1960 model. It cost me maybe $150.00, big bucks in those days. What I didn’t know about the car when I bought it was someone at American Motors dreamed up this great gimmick for this car. The front seat tilted all the way back to form a full size bed. Now here I am, a teenager in the height of his sexual powers (it’s been downhill ever since) living in San Francisco in 1967, with 3 drive-ins within 10 miles, and a car that turns into a bed. Who could ask for anything more? Not only that, but when I drove up to my dates house in my Nash, the parents didn’t think twice about my intentions, it didn’t carry the stigma of a Van. Those were the days!!

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited 02-27-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, my second car was a yellow '75 Gremlin. I went downhill. But I had a bunch of really cool cars after that.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2000 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
my 2nd car was a fiero and still is. My first was a 74 beetle that didn't run, it needed a new starter. 3rd is my 87 ford thunderbird 2.3l turbo. Get more respect because less SUVs tailgate you.
The next 20 cars, i do want to get an AMC pacer. I think it was garth who got me addicted to it, waynes world.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Party on Wayne!

Party on Garth!

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
My second car was a Plymouth Champ (Mitsubishi)...it looked like a Pacer, but was fabricated from recycled soda cans. I hit some ice turning into a parking lot, hit the curb at less than 5 mph, and bent the lower control arm. Unbe-freakin-lievable.

Two weeks later, I bought my 84 Fiero, and you know the rest of the story.

Carolina 88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina 88GTSend a Private Message to Carolina 88GTDirect Link to This Post
My second car was a 92 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 with everything. Had to give it up later for a family vehicle (93 Pontiac Grand AM)
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
my second car was a 1980 yoyo corolla liftback. it was kinda sporty looking. the funny hting was the color combo, it was black with orange plastic stripes on the side.

it had two nicknames; either "Crayola" or the "Godzilla mobile" because of the funny colors.

deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Second car was a 1979 Olds Cutlass, V8, auto...wish I still had that car.

The Nash "fold down seat" continued throughout the Rambler and American Motors years...my mom had a Rambler American that did the same thing (198 ci six, three on the tree...always loved how the wipers would just stop when the car was accelerating) and an Ambassador wagon too.

Thank God I didn't inherit their taste in cars.

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
I like orange & black. Wonder why. My second car, as I stated in a previous post, was a 1969 Mach 1. It was black and had red stripes on both sides and around the decklid. It had a 351W and all the interior options including a fold down rear seat. Sadly, a drunk driver hit me it the drivers side quarter panel and totaled the car. I ended up buying another 69 and a 70 Mach1 over the next few years. I sold both of them in 1981 and I could kick myself forever for that.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
My second car was a 72 Cuda'. 340 cubes w/ auto. The color was burnt orange (looked almost red) with black stripes. It also had the rather rare factory rear spoiler. It sported Crager S/S wheels and was optioned with PDB, A/C (never worked). The car would haul B*U*T*T but, only got 11.5 MPG. I traded it in 1978 (on a new SR5 Corolla) when the premium gas prices sored to $0.90 / gal. As I recall, I got all of $500 trade-in.
MAN!!... If I knew then what I know now...
kidzwheelz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kidzwheelzSend a Private Message to kidzwheelzDirect Link to This Post
My second car was a 1967 Chevy Chevelle-Malibu. Had the 283, but I swapped it for a 427. Used to just kill everything drag racing, till one night I met up with a 1969 Dodge Superbee...thus ended my undefeated streak! This was the one car that I had that I would do almost anything to get back! I lost control of it one night messing around, there wasn't a straight piece of metal left on it when I got done spinning!!!
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock