Started on: 02-26-2000 06:23 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: DJRice on 03-03-2000 10:34 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
What do other drivers do that BUGS YOU???

Here's one. You're driving down a 3 lane (or more) road/highway. All 3 lanes are blocked by cars doing the speed limit, or just under. The guy in the left passing lane, won't speed up and pass, or slow down and move over. Because he's doing the speed limit, he feels he's doing nothing wrong, and "nobody should pass (speed) anyway". The 3 vehicles create a huge backlog in traffic.

And then HE wonders why "dangerous drivers" are passing him on the shoulder!! ARGHH!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that pisses me off too, but not as bad as TAILGATERS! Especially if I'm already going 10 to 20 miles over the limit and/or a car is in front of me on a single lane. When I'm driving my winter japcrap I don't hesitate to hit the brakes for them cause I don't care about what happens to it, but I'd be worried about the rear facia when I'm in my GT. I'm thinking of a weapon! Yes, a weapon! How about filling the windsheild wiper reserve with aircraft stripper and connecting enough thin hose to reach back to the end of the wing! Nice suprise they'd discover when they got home! Just a daydream, but now you know I HATE TAILGATERS!!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
1) Headlights. Either drivers don't use them when they should (rain, fog, dusk, dawn, you get the picture.) or they have the high beams on when they shouldn't.

2) Turn signals. Hey, moron! You know that little lever on the left of your steering column? It's not a decoration, you idiot! I've actually stopped to explain how these work before. (I'm sure they already knew, but they must have needed a refresher course.)

3) Kids not in car seats or seat belts. I've seen cars with 5 or 6 kids scampering all over. All it would take is for another loser to pull out in front of them, and they would end up with some dead kids. I don't wear a seatbelt, but I'm old enough to know that I stand a better chance of surviving a wreck with one on. I just choose to be stupid.

5) Old people behind the wheel. They are usually slow, in the wrong lane, and discourteous. They also have a tendency to do 1) and 2) (see above). They have slower reflexes and worse eyesight. I'm lumping all seniors in the same category and I shouldn't but I've seen too many to help it.

6) Tailgaters. I can't stand it when some d***weed decides that he/she will be .000002 seconds late if they don't ride my tailpipe. I usually tap my brakes 1st, then I slow down, and if that doesn't work, I stand on my brakes until they either hit me or drive on. Most of them have the nerve to make rude gestures after I do that. What ***holes!

Is this enough for ya? Sorry, but I tend to let the road stuff get to me. I've just seen too much from 13 years of driving a truck.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 02-26-2000).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2000 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
My favorite are the road raging assholes who fly up behind me when I am stuck behind one of those other idiots. While I am waiting at a safe distance for them to get the hell out of the way, this other moron is right on myass. Once traffic clears, he quickly turns into a speck in my rear view, until I get caught again, then here he comes. I get this worse in my Mazda 323 GTX cuz it looks like a pokey little piece of sh*t. But it does have 145 turbocharged ponies, 153 lbs of torque, 4wd and best of all for those pricks, 4 wheel ventilated disc brakes!
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
1) Minivans... one ran me off the road into the medium of a divided highway!
2) Minivans... my insurance lady says those vehicles cause a lot of accidents.
3) Minivans... the people that usually drive one (nonworkvans) behave like idiots!!
4) Minivans... they are ugly and pointless!!
5) ANYONE/EVERYONE THAT TREATS PEOPLE ON BICYCLES LIKE DIRT, BIKES HAVE A RIGHT TO USE THE ROAD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6) those people that feel they have a right to go though the intersection, even though the light is changing to Red from yellow!
7) Honda Accords... i'm sick and f'n tired of hearing how damn reliable they are and how they've won so many frickin awards!!!!
8) Rednecks... nuf said!!
9) people who say "I didn't know anyone was interesed in those cars" meaning Fiero's
10) have I mentioned that I hate minivans?
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2000 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
On my way to work everyday, I pass through a school zone. It has the flashing lights with 35 MPH clearly marked. Kids are known to cross the road and busses are entering/exiting the school. I always slow down to 35- I also teach at a school further down the road. I have had people pass me in the grass median to the left or on the shoulder to the right. I hate going slow, but those folks are idiots! I wonder how much of a hurry they would be in if one of those kids is crossing in the walk in front of them was theirs?
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2000 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I guess this is a follow up of my forum "idiot drivers"
IM glad we continue like a sequal of rocky movies "woohoo"

I totally agree with the three lane traffic and everyones doing the same speed limit. This is totally aggrivating on two lane roads when the people are driving the same speed and exactly parallel to each other.

I only tailgate if the driver in front of me is not holding a constant speed. This is because i try to conserve fuel eventhough i dragrace. Say the speedlimit is 35, both of us are going 35, and then suddenly the guy in front is driving 30, without braking. I will let my car coast to the same speed and get close to him until my 2 sec. Ill also tailgate if they are going below the speed limit. I dont do it aggresivly but only when they change their driving for no particular reason.

I hate Vans too, idiot drivers, aka SUV drivers.

Have you ever noticed people speeding up to you? Like in the lane next to you. While your seeing him speeding up to you, then they slow down and drive the same speed as you and parallel to you also. Your thinking what the F*#k i thought they are going to keep on driving like 10 over the limit or something?

I almost got hit today because the person did have their signal on but it wasn't working in the front. It was a stop sign, 4 way, IM going north and the car on the otherside is going south. The car in front of me goes. I take my quick stop and go ahead. Then the car on the otherside is turning into me and realizes he should stop. Saying to myself wheres his f*$king turnsignal. I look in the rearview mirror and see his taillight signal flashing.
Im pretty sure the blinker stays lit and doesn't blink when a bulb is broke.
I hate it when people dont use it when they are turning to the right, the light turns green and im accelerating then you notice the prick is turning right and you have to hit the brakes.

I seen people go through red lights. I guess the guy didn't wait one more minute so he goes through. Few days ago, a train went by but the crossing didn't go up. People started going through the gates, its suppose to be like a 500 dollar fine in illinois when caught. I decided to go the other way cause i respect trains and the law except speeding.

I totally hate tailgaters that tailgate me. I would drive 10 over the limit and they would be far away from me. Suddenly the speed limit is 25. I know theres usually speed traps so i always slow down. But the pricks that were going slower then me are tailgating me, like this one SUV of coarse, then after maybe 30 min they finally decide to pass me by driving in the fast lane.

We should create a group of Non-idiot drivers and have some kewl bumberstickers and hand signals to idiot drivers.

cobra427

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cobra427Send a Private Message to cobra427Direct Link to This Post
Don't like ANYONE who drives a SAAB or VOLVO. They are the most discourtious people that drive. Chech out the next car that cuts in front of you and see if it isn't a Volvo or Saab...
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Like the song says, "I just hate stupid people, here's your sign." They really sould have to wear one.
I think people just feel too safe in todays cars. Dual air bags, crumple zones, etc. I think that instead of an air bag popping out of the steering wheel, a sharp metal spike should should come out. Also, everybody should be required to carry a gallon of nitro in the trunk and seat belts should be made out of piano wire. It would go a long way to promoting safe driving techniques.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else notice people in certain cars, like VW Rabbits, Golfs, Civics, etc. usually RED, driving like idiots?? It seems they're attitude is like, "I can't afford a REAL sports car, but LOOK how this POS I have goes".

Also, people jack-rabbiting into intersections that haven't cleared yet, AS SOON as the light turns green, thinking "If I hit anyone, it's his fault. He shouldn't be there". I'm waiting for the day a Cop explains to him, "You DON'T ENTER the intersection until IT IS CLEAR", and throws the book at him.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
My pet peeves are left-lane hogs and tailgaters. I especially take issue with the SUV and van drivers that think it's okay to tailgate me when I'm driving the Fiero, just because they're bigger.

Gokart... I've considered a squirt-gun filled with brake fluid. I've also considered injecting ATF into my induction or exhaust system. Smokes like a house fire. Just don't want to kill my O2 sensor or catalyst. (I don't know for sure if it will, or not. Anybody?)

My all time favorite bumper stickers.

My lawyer can beat up your lawyer.
-and-
Driver carries no more than $20 in ammunition.

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Advertisement............

The ultimate TailGater Stopper!!!!!!!!!!

EFT......(usually found on large show trucks around here)

.........NOW FOR FIEROS..............

Electronic Flame Throwers

or you can use the spark plug method.

I gurantee that it stops tailgaters in there tracks or your money back.

only $53,000.71

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Surprised no one has mentioned this one. People that stop at the very end of an entrance ramp for a highway. (I'm not telling the average age for that trick, everyone knows. ).
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
When I am driving one of my fieros, I always get either testosterone-poisoned midlife crisis guys showing me how much better their big-ass corvette is, or jerks in civics/neons/VW's showing me what their "sports car" can do. I get more discourteous behaviour when I am driving my fieros than any other car I have driven. Of course, I can't fight back in the '84, but NOBODY passes me in the GT!
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
F56 is right, I hate those people that bow up at the top or bottom of a merge ramp! thats why there called "merge lanes"!!!

BigBoyToys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBoyToysSend a Private Message to BigBoyToysDirect Link to This Post
Same as all the above!! But then add a cell phone attached to their head and it is like nobody else exist. Should be a law against drivers using a cell phone while driving (remote or hand held). Just my .02 BBT
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Here's some signs too.
"Keep Honking I'm reloading!"
"The gas pedal is the one on the far right"
As for drivers I hate are:
1. Cell phone talkers.
2. The make-up artists
3. Cell Phone talkers
4. The let's read a paper and drink coffee while I'm driving down the highway!
5. Cell Phone talkers
6. AND Finally THE CELL PHONE TALKERS!!!!!

Here's a neat trick, hook a push switch to your reverse lights. When someone is tailgating let off the gas and act like there is a problem then flash on the reverse lights! Not only do they Lock up the brakes HARD but you can see the whites of there eyes clearly in the mirror!! LOL LOL LOL! I had a "make-up artist" in a SUV once. After the "Flash" I saw her at a light. She had a line of eye makeup going from her eye thru her hair and onto her leather seat. She was really P.O.'d but never tailgated again!!!

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Hoo Boy....

People who are so unaware that they move into your lane (Usually without a directional) as you are gaining on them....

People who stop at rotarys, as well as the end of highway exits. The sign says "Yield," not "Give Up." This may not apply to those of you not from the Boston area. Here, the rotary typically yields to incoming traffic....

People on the phone. This is one reason why I especially like my unmuffled V6 (I have four resonator tips to keep it at legal sound levels). I tend to drive up just ahead of a phone caller and match speeds....

For those of you who despise tailgaters as much as me; the fifth to third shift works very well. People get wary when you car slows considerably without the visible warning (brake lights). In winter, if you let your car get snowed on (Unavoidable for me until this year), leave the snow on your headlamps. If someone tailgates you, turn them on, and let the wind do the rest.

Florida license plates. See most of the "slow in the left lane" complaints, above.

I also hate to single out any one group, but those who drive WAY too slow are usually Asian.

Oh, yeah. Those new, six inch diameter tailpipes. They look dumb, and can make any engine, including your big block, sound like an asian four banger. Why would anyone want to ruin a piece of art (Fieros and other attractive cars) with them?

I, too, vote for Volvos and "Saab stories."

I could go on....

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2000 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I used to have train horns (real ones) on my truck. [/b]THEY ARE LOUD!!!![/b] I'd lay on the horns while I drove next to the offending phoneaholic. They'd get off the phone in a hurry. (Yes. I could keep up with almost anything.)
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I love it when you are sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green and the millisecond it does the person behind you honks. I mean, not when you are just sitting there and have it coming. I mean when it's premeditated.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2000 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
When someone behind me does that, I usually just pop the clutch and kill the engine. Then turn on the hazard flashers and sit there and look confused until the light turns to caution. Then I crank up and drive away leaving the horney guy sitting at the redlight.
PFF
System Bot
Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2000 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
Here in Hawaii we have some of the world's worst (stupidest?) drivers. They do all the above and:
*Pullout right in front of you like they're in a big hurry to go somewhere and then a 100 yards down the road pull into the next turnoff.
*As you come up behind someone on a two lane road and you can't pass they'll slow waaayyy doowwnn. As soon as there's a spot to pass they'll speed up.
* I've found in my Fiero that people will do their utmost not to let you pass even on the freeway.. Funny enough the worst was one day this lady? in her minivan full of kids went nuts trying to keep me from passing her in an ajacent lane. We were reaching about 90 mph before she gave up. I was flabbergasted.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2000 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I just wrote the same problem i had with my fiero on the other forum on top, on the rules of the road. People that wont let you pass.

I hate it when theres two lanes going in one direction through the suburbs. One car will speed up slowly and then start driving the same speed as the car next to it. And your driving behind them figuring out how many miles will it take for me to pass them.

As in today, people are stopping for no particular reason. Im driving behind them and im not even tailgating them, atleast more then 2 seconds space. They are hitting there brake lights and there is nothing going on in front of them.

Cellular phones should be illegal while driving. I hate these dumbasses. If people cant chew gum and walk. What gives them the right to operate a 2000lb machine and talking on a cellular phone. What makes it so hard then to talk to a passenger? I see people swerving all over the lane, going into the next one sometimes, hitting the brakes.
Bumper sticker "im only braking cause theres some idiot in front of me"
I wonder what will happen if i put a indy 500 bumper sticker on my fiero, i bought at indy 500 last year. Will people tailgate me or give me respect?

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
OK yo guys are going to get a laugh out of this... which just happened on my way home.

I'm at this intersection; standard intersection with a one left turn lane for each direction, but no turn light. And I'm in the turn lane; when, accross from me is this MINIVAN with its right signal on. The light goes green and the minivan waits and waits on me?????... I look at them and motion with my arms "what are you doing" (thinking "you idiot minivan driver!")

They finally turn right and... this is even funnier, the redneck woman in her honday accord (that was behind the minivan) gives me the "what are you doing motion's" with her arms then shoots me the bird and curses at me as she goes by!

Go figure!

Damn minivans!!!!!!!

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I'll try not to take any SUV comments personally. I like to think I drive it courteously because I like to be treated courteously when Im in my Fiero.

You know what drives me crazy is the V6 Camaros & Firebirds....I have known several people with V6 F-bodies and they were the craziest rudest drivers I have ever known. The cars were abused if for no other reason than the name plate on the car automatically made it one of the fastest automobiles ever made. Keep in mind that the several cases of this I have witnessed have all been teenagers who recieved these cars as a first car. They would probably be dead if they had gotten v8s

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock