Started on: 02-24-2000 03:06 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: RFMike on 03-02-2000 10:45 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
The FOX "reality based" show I hate most is COPS!! It makes you wonder how much "playing to the camera" they're doing, to make their job look more dangerous. In any event, the Cops usually look like a gang of violent undisciplined thugs themselves. Many times they seem unneccessarily abusive and rough.

Canada has a similar show called "To Serve and Protect". You'd be amazed at the difference in Police behavior between COPS and this show. Their reactions are more in line with the crime/criminal. You never have to worry about having a cop put his gun in your ear for speeding (I don't mean Police Chase) in Canada.

I heard FOX will be canceling COPS because it was creating disrespect for the Police Dept.
DUH!!! I wonder why???

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-24-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Agreed.. I hate that show. the recent X-Files episode with the COPS crossover was funny however..

I never liked cops much anyway, so what are the chances I'd like a show that's all about cops beating up people who usually don't deserve it (from what I've seen. I don't watch the show)

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Pennsylvania state troopers don't get my utmost respect. One night me and a couple of the boys were hanging out at some park benches, smoking (cigarettes only, really..), and I guess we were a little too loud for the time, which was close to midnight. Two cops pull up yelling, and made us all get on the cruiser. They searched everything, patted me and the rest down, confiscated a little bit of contra band, and just generally gave us a hell of a time! They didn't throw anybody in jail though. But they wen't to all tha trouble to scare the bejesus out of us, and didn't even bust us!

You should realize I live in an aformentioned small town, and I know all of the staties by name

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Don't care much for cops personally, but I do like watching the show. You gotta admit that most of the people getting busted are almost as pathetic as the cops themselves! OOoooooh please officer, I'll do ANYTHING!! LOL!
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
My brother is a police officer. I have always found it to be interesting to compare the things that I have learned from him to what I see on TV. The only knowledge that I have of law enforcement is what I learned from him, but I think I could do better than some of those guys on COPS!
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2000 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
I don't watch COPS much, but I remember watching an episode where this cop saw smoke coming from behind this house, so he went up and pounded on the door, shouting, "Your house is on fire! Your house is on fire!"

He got no answer, so he started breaking out the front windows "to rescue whoever's inside." The front windows were a matrix of 4"x6" glass panes with what looked like iron framework, so there's no way he could get in. But that didn't stop him from smashing about nine panes. Then the door opens, and it's this kindly-looking elderly black woman in a nightgown. She just stands there and says in this sweet voice, "Why are you breaking my windows?"

The cop shouts, "You have to leave RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!"

"No it isn't," says the woman, in the same calm voice.

Backup shows up, and all the other officers start making fun of the meathead cop. Turns out the house behind the elderly woman's house is the one on fire. The cop stood there stammering for about five minutes before he finally apologized to this poor woman.

I can't believe a guy like that is given a lethal weapon and sent out among the general public.

RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2000 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeDirect Link to This Post
The TV show COPS is really stupid.
Most of the REAL cops I know are pretty good guys, and take a huge amount of grief for doing a job that WE hire them to do. Think about it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock