Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Does anyone really use their weight machines?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Does anyone really use their weight machines? by Robert
Started on: 02-23-2000 02:50 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: frontal lobe on 02-25-2000 12:34 AM
Robert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
I have now moved my pro-form cross trainer machine a total of 6 times. I値l bet I致e had more of a workout just moving the thing than I ever got using it. I was wondering it other Fiero nuts have the same dilemma. My wife wants me to sell it, but nobody in their right mind would pay what it cost. I知 sure I知 going to workout with it someday soon. LOL
Meanwhile, I need to rest, my arms are sore from moving it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
i used to use my home gym alot in high school. but i was the 90lb wuss trying to bulk up for football. now i admit that i rarely work out at home. i find that going to the gym is much better.

a. im spending money regardless if i go or not so i better go.

b. i look pretty darned good now so i dont have n e complexes about being small.

c. the girl at the front counter is cute, not to mention a few members too . but seriously i only check them out after my workout... kind of an award or something.

ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
LOL, Robert! I feel your pain...it's really hard to stick with an exercise program when you're doing it by yourself. Is there anyone who will work out with you? Your wife, maybe?

I have been lifting free weights off and on since I was a freshman in high school. I got started because at 5'6" and 135 lbs, I was tired of taking sh*t from bullies. Then I got addicted to it. Over the years I've taken layoffs of as long as 2 years, mainly because I couldn't find a partner, and exercise is incredibly boring when you're doing it alone.

Right now I've been lifting with the same guy for about two years. We're on a maintenance routine...we're not trying to get bigger, we're just trying to keep our chests and shoulders proportional to our beer bellies. I'm now 195 lbs, of which I'd guess about 30 lbs is lard (pizza and beer).

That scale swinging up near 200 is like a flashing sign: "Caution: Middle Age Ahead!"

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
I use my weight machine all the time.
It holds 15 shirts and about 8 pairs of pants.
Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
The only thing wrong with lifting weights is they're so darned heavy.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I get to use a different one everyday when I have to deliver the bloody things from my package car to the front door. That's all the workout I need for the day! That and Gateways!!
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
I sold my machine, I couldn't take the frustration of losing my heartrate changing things for the next muscle group.
Now I use a bench that also inclines, a bunch of dumbells, and chinning/dip bars, more room in the house this way.
Since I like lots of butter on my popcorn and have been known to eat a half gallon of ice cream at one sitting all this exercise barely keeps me at 20% bodyfat.
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 machines. That is one advantage to owning a Fiero (I've had for 9 months). It will fit in my 2 stall garage with them and my wood saws and wire welder. My 76 Buick Skylark conv (I've had for 24 years) has to sit ouside with my 61 Studebaker Lark(I've had for 26 years). Now you know where my prioritys are with my cars.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
Ive found that excercising is darn near impossible to do by yourself. You (I) really have to have someone else with you (me) or else you (I) dont stick to it for more than a week.

I have a very dusty excercise bike and rowing machine. (Neither of which are good at holding clothes )

(I read my first statment and put my revisions in parentheses just in case there are those out there with more willpower than me )

[This message has been edited by DJRice (edited 02-24-2000).]

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
I just have a bunch of weights and barbells loaded up to max weigbt lying around the floor in my batchelor pad. It seems to impress the chicks, even though I'd probably throw my back out trying to pick one of them up and do some reps. LOL
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2000 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a weight machine but have been having to do free weights and exercises daily to rehabilitate my left knee after having ACL surgery. Man, I never did that much working out BEFORE surgery. As soon as I am recovered enough to work the clutch again, those weights and exercises are history.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock