martial artist & those interested... by SpeedPhreak
Started on: 02-23-2000 12:13 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: SpeedPhreak on 02-25-2000 02:06 PM
SpeedPhreak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
http://www.traininghalls.com/issues/index.asp

is a link to a brand new forum similar to this one. there are like 11 members including myself & weeelllll they need some people. so if u are a martial artist or are interested in becoming one (or your family) come check it out.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I registered under Kendo Bastard... That's cool because I've never come across a good martial arts forum. See you there, Speedfreak. BTW, what style?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I always wished I'd gotten into that, but never had the chance. My brother-in-law used to be an expert, but he hasn't messed with it in a few years. I'll have to let him know about it.
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
I don't think you can consider it a martial art, but I am intrested in kick boxing. Any kick boxers here?
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
multi bastard- most recently kenpo. i have a brownbelt, just a few months from a black but the owner of the school i went to didnt pay the kenpo teacher so he left. i started in tae kwon do & moved to american kick boxing then muay tai.

monkey- its never too late.

shiner- i believe that kickboxing is a martial art, now the only class that can really be considered a traditional ma is muay tai. but all forms is deffinatley an art. & actually it is 1 of my favorites. i just stopped because of my broken leg... i would love to get back into it but its way to expensive where i live now.

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Speed,

Too bad about the leg. Luckily I have never broken anything, because it would piss me off all year round (skiboarding in the winter, and mountain biking in summer, spring, and fall)

I think I would be a great kick boxer. I am about 6'3", and I have legs like a mule! I can't even get my hands around my calves, and they are all muscle!

How should I go about looking into this? Is kickboxing a fairly wide-spread sport?

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2000 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
shiner physically u sound like a kick boxing monster. if i were u i would go for the muay tai side of the sport. it originated in tai land & is pretty much their national sport. u use a lot of legs, which sounds perfect for u. legs r used to defend as well as attach. the shins are the weapon & the shield so be prepared for a few months of sore/swollen/bruised shins until the nerves are dead from abuse. the style also relies heavily on knee & elbow attacks... although most sanctions in the us do not allow the elbow attacks.

where do u live? the sport of kickboxing is becoming very mainstream recently & it should be fairly easy to find a club near you... club fees are the real problem (over $80/month where i live).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock