Started on: 02-22-2000 07:50 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Monkeyman on 02-27-2000 02:32 PM
mrfixit58

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I hope this works!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

mrfixit58

3330 posts
Member since Jul 99
OK, OK... I didn't intend this to be a three parter. The car is a 69 Firebird. 350 cu with TH 350 transmission. The motor is all original but the original transmission was a TH400. The car came equiped with power steering power disc brakes and A/C. I added the Camaro spoiler, the rear mounted antenna and the 15" rally II wheels. All the rust was cut out and replaced with new metal. All the weather stripping is new along with the seat covers, carpet, headliner, sunvisors, door panels. The motor was removed and completely detailed. I did all the work myself except for the instalation of the seat covers.

What ya think?

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
MMMM..... nice!

When I was 16, I almost bought a 69 Firebird convertible for $1,000.
Glad I didn't cuz it needed everything replaced, but those are one of my favorites.

Nice ride

[This message has been edited by SCCA FIERO (edited 02-22-2000).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! I've always liked the older muscle cars. F-bodies the best.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
My very favorite Muscle Car. My wife (who is not really into Fieros) even said "WOW!" Nice.
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
That's beautiful, and that blue looks great. It's always great to see an early F-body that hasn't been "mulletized" (bright yellow traction bars, giant Mickey Thompson drag tires, window full of racing stickers, flame paint and/or primer, etc.).

The 1st-gen (67-69) and 2nd-gen, pre-5mph bumper (70-73) F-bodies were the most beautiful muscle cars ever made, IMHO.

ZZZZZZIP! Got my asbestos flame suit on.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Mulletized? ROTFL!!!
BTW... that Camaro spoiler looks great on the 'Bird. Didn't recognize that it was not original.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-23-2000).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
VERY VERY NICE! I have always liked the older Pontiacs.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2000 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It took me about 1200 hours to get her back into shape. I'll be selling her off to get to my next project... a 68 RS Camaro.

For those wondering "why", it's because I'll also be selling the RS to fund my two other projects... My 87 GT, and my 69 Firebird 400 convertible!

I want to upgrade the GT with either a 3800 SC or a Northstar so, raising capital is a must-do.

Anyway, thanks for looking,
Roy L.

87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSend a Private Message to 87GTDirect Link to This Post
Great car! A friend of mine bought a 68 Firebird 400 about 4 years ago for $2500 in rough shape. It ran though. Anyways his dad has restored about 80 cars his whole life so 3 years after he bought it, it was restored to perfection! It is black on black with a 4-Sp. I rode in this car and to this day, its been the fastest car I have been in. Unbelievable car. Everywhere we go, there are people all over it. Wish it were mine!
PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words. And yea, It's easy to make Pontiacs go fast. Even easier than SBC (and I've been a SBC fan my whole life). This Firebird isn't very fast, but, a trip to the junk yard for some 4X heads, a $20 swap meet cast iron 4bbl manifold, a $20 rebuild on a tired Quadrajet, a cheap set of headers and WHAM! instant 60+ hp. Change out the docile cam for a RAIV style and youv'e just tacked on another 60. Now, the 400 cube motor I've got for my convertible well, let's just say that it's quick.. ;-).

Roy L.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2000 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
that it's quick (We weren't supposed to say that in unison, were we?)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock