You know your from Canada when...... by olympic
Started on: 02-20-2000 05:10 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Standard on 02-22-2000 05:28 AM
olympic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
>> >> 1. Only in Canada......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
> > 2. Only in Canada......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
> > 3. Only in Canada......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
> 4. Only in Canada.....do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
> > 5. Only in Canada......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
> > 6. Only in Canada......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
> > 7. Only in Canada......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
> > 8. Only in Canada......do we buy hot dogs in packages of twelve and buns in packages of eight.
> > 9. Only in Canada.....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
>> > 10. Only in Canada......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
> >> >> >
--------------
> >> >> > You know you're from Canada when ...
> >> >> >
> > 1. You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup.
> >> >> >
> > 2. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
> >> >> >
> > 3. The mosquitoes have landing lights.
>
> > 4. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
> >> >> >
>> > 5. You have 10 favourite recipes for moose meat.
> >> >> >
>> > 6. Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.
> >> >> >
>> > 7. You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one meter above the ground.
> >> >> >
> > 8. You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.
> >> >> >
>> > 9. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.
> >> >> >
>> > 10. You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
> >> >> >
> >> > 11. You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.
> >> >> >
> >> > 12. The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but
requires 6 pages for hockey.
> >> >> >
>> > 13. At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
> >> >> >
> >> > 14. The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.
> >> >> >
> >> > 15. Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.
> >> >> >
> >> > 16. You think the start of deer season is a national holiday.
> >> >> >
> >> > 17. You head south to go to your cottage.
> >> >> >
> >> > 18. You frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the bears won't prowl on your deck.
> >> >> >
> >> > 19. You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
> >> >> >
> >> > 20. The major parish fund-raiser isn't bingo it's sausage making.
> >> >> >
> >> > 21. You find -40C a little chilly.
> >> >> >
> >> > 22. The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze.
> >> >> >
> >> > 23. You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewellery and your Sorels.
> >> >> >
> >> > 24. You can play road hockey on skates.
> >> >>
> >> > 25. You know 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction.
> >> >> >
> >> > 26. The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.
> >> >> >
> >> > 27. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.
> >> >> >
> >> > 28. You perk up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada".
> >> >> >
> >> > 29. You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your Canadian friends.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
hahahahaha--That was pretty funny and I'm not even a Canadian. One question, though. In #23, what are Sorels? On a slightly more serious note, I'd much rather live in Windsor, Ontario than Detroit, Michigan.
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Sorel is a brand name of snow boots.

[This message has been edited by olympic (edited 02-20-2000).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I am only the 2nd generation of being a US citizen after my Grandfather moved to these parts from Quebec city. So I'm not suprised I can understand and appreciate these "Only in Canada's. That was awesome! Have to admit though I still don't understand the comedy routine with the white bear in those Labbat commercials.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Olympic, the first 10 hold just as true for the US, or at least North Carolina. As for the Labatts commercial, I should've paid better attention to the comercials on CBC last nite... unfortunately, I was too depressed watching the Oilers blow another game to Cowgary to notice

[This message has been edited by bHooper (edited 02-20-2000).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2000 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
pretty much all the ones in the "you know your from.." section apply to minnesota, too. especially # 3,9,14 and 15...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock