What are my chances??? by GT Bastard
Started on: 02-18-2000 11:59 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Monkeyman on 02-20-2000 05:56 AM
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2000 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Hey all...

My girlfriends brother had a friend(this is getting complicated) who own's an '86 or so Porsche 944. This guy is extremely cocky and thinks his car is better than sliced bread. He also has to nerve to insult the Fiero! So the punk wants to race, and I'm thinking I might go for it. Does anybody know what these things run in the 1/4? I'm fairly certain his 4-banger is rated at 150hp but I'm not sure about torque, gearing, or the cars weight. I DO know that the car is pretty run-down and I've witnessed him run it extremely hard, so I'm thinking it might not be in real great running shape but who knows? It's a 5 speed BTW. Just to give you an idea of this guys mentality, he says his K&N airfilter gave him 17hp, and he also says that he's got a sh*tload of torque(whatever...) Anybody know what kind of chance I might have? I'm thinking of just going 0-60 with him.

ps- In case you're wondering, we'll do this outside of town.

take care!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
I went up against a 944 when I had my X1/9 and it kicked my butt about the same as Fiero's did. It should be close, don't bog down.
Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobSend a Private Message to RobDirect Link to This Post
Might be a Turbo, if it is you will see his tail lights. I had an 85 944turbo and it was faster than my GT.
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bastard (I always wanted to say that without offending anyone! ), if that 944 is not a Turbo, I guarantee you will whoop him good.

My buddy Joe has an '84 944 - it looks good, handles well and stops on a dime, but my 86 SE 4-sp was much quicker. It might be a closer race if your Fiero's an automatic but I still think you'd win.

The only place he'll beat you is in top speed. Joe's 944 will do an indicated 133 mph (though it seemed like it took about five minutes to reach top speed!).

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I'm positive he's not running a turbo, but I'm automatic, so I'm not sure how well I'll do.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post

GT Bastard

2243 posts
Member since Sep 1999
Forgot to mention, I don't have any mods, but I have the performance axle ratio(3.33)
The guys friend says all he has is a K&N airfilter an a No Fear sticker. Hehe...
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2000 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Better sit this one out Geoff, thos e No Fear stickers are good for at least 17 hp for the small ones, if hes got the big window banner, thats better than nitrous.
Carolina 88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina 88GTSend a Private Message to Carolina 88GTDirect Link to This Post
Speaking og those "No Fear" stickers......walking outta the local Autozone and damn near tripped over this riceboy's exhaust tip. It must have stuck out 10 inches from his bumper and was as big around as a vinyl record. And of course he had the huge 16" letters spelling the word "HONDA" across both doors. I figure with all the "performance" accessories he had he musta been pushing 450HP *ha
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I have raced a few 944's (non-turbo) with my automatic 86 SE and 944 with stick is a close one(1/2 car lenght) if the guy can shift properly. If he can't no problem. If it's an automatic he's driving just say bye bye as he sees your tail lights. His 4 cylinder may be 150hp but remember the car weighs close to 3000 pounds, about 400 - 500 more than yours. Also you have the advantage off the line. Odds are he'll be spinning rubber as you take off.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I know a guy that has a 944 and from what I hear my car will eat his. (literally, like the firebird commercial) lol.
Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Go For It!!
At least it would be fun.
Since you know when you are going to race.
Make sure you have very little fuel (2 gallons) and add some octane booster.
Make sure you take out anything extra in your car (that extra set of dumbbells).
If you want, take out the spare tire and jack.
Make sure you have a clean air filter.
Hey, no such thing as a fair fight.
Also, great bragging rights for you. I beat a Porsche.
PFF
System Bot
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Bastard it's all about who can handle the vehicle, right? When, I first got my car, I would race Mustang GT's and Firebirds, that were always being drivin by some **** that thought he was better than me... kind of a GM/FORD rice boy mentality.

Of course I would always kick there @$$!!!

(the views of this person do not necessarily represent those of the Forum... nor do we condone any sort of racing )

86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
GT Bastard, race him straight down Minnesota Ave.!!

It would be cool to see!!, i'll be there if you do

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
OK... couple gallons of gas with octane boost. Should I bother icing the intake??? hehe.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Icing on the intake?? What next? Twinkies in the exhaust?? Cherry pie filling on the sunroof?
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2000 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I've tried the cherry pie filling on my sun roof and I discovered that the rubber seal was failing. I ended up getting red gooey stuff all over the interior on my nice grey seats. When a cop pulled me over, he thought I'd killed someone!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Let's see. 30 years in the cross bar hotel for murder, then another 10 in a mental hospital because the cop/judge thought you were nuts for licking your seats. I'd be happy to hold on to your Fiero while you're "away".

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock