Started on: 02-16-2000 01:05 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: deceler8 on 02-24-2000 03:02 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Anyone see this...

This is a FOX show of course. What a ridiculous concept, but if people will watch it, it will make money. I just hope the TV doen't get over-run with more of these "women after money" programs.

They apparently had thousands of replies, which they narrowd down to 50 sluts who came on the show in a 2 hour Beauty Pageant type of program. Many of the women had very "bimbo" type answers to many questions. Many had very ambiguous answers so as not to disqualify themselves. Many did seem to be well educated though.

When the millionare made his choice from the five finalists, the other four were quickly hustled off the stage in the shadows. What?? No runners up?? What if the one he chose "doesn't work out"??

The big surprise is that I haven't heard ANY Women's Groups crying about the program. How degrading is was to those women, how the man is a bastard, buying a women, etc, all that kind of BS. Kind of fits though. These women's groups never said too much about the movie PRETTY WOMEN either. That was another program about a slut and a millionaire.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I agree completely. I came inside last night and my wife was watching it. I couldn't stand to sit down in front of the TV with that on for more than a minute. I was out and watching something else in no time at all. That was the worst excuse for programming I have ever seen.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2000 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
I watched the show on and off while watching this old house. I would love to be the guy but i would feel bad for the chick. What does she say to him, "i love you, i guess"
While they are kissing on stage, do you like fieros or hondas? I wouldn't want to just marry a stranger just like that. I was listening to Mancow on the radio, and his workers disliked it and he did also. I know one of the females said its just wrong marrying someone like that.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I find the whole premise of the show fairly sickening. What kind of a *loser* millionaire would try to find a wife this way, anyway? A gold-digger is a gold-digger, no matter where you dredge her up. (Zipping up flame-proof suit.)
Carolina 88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina 88GTSend a Private Message to Carolina 88GTDirect Link to This Post
If you were a millionaire, why buy one when you can lease or rent.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
im waiting for the reverse version...rich woman!

i need me a sugar momma so i can buy all my toyz

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't agree more... I think all of the contestants lacked a little something called MORALITY. Money doesn't buy love or happiness. The greedy b!tch who married him isn't any better... Stuff like that make me sick to my stomach.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
My "up-bringing" taught me that a marriage was a one time shot. Something not to be taken lightly. Most know what I mean- "Until death do you part" kind of stuff. I cant see how someone who never met their new bride until 2 hours before the ceremony could go into the marriage with any intent of making a life long commitment. I guess money can buy you love. Could this be a new mastercard commercial????
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
I havn't seen this show, but just the premise makes me sick. This is one of the reasons I don't miss television. I havn't had any television (except VHS cassetes)for three years, coming up on four. Now, when I see it at work or at my friends, it makes me feel filthy, like all that crap advertising is seeping into my brain! TV? Don't need it. Fieros? Can't live without 'em!
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Cooter,

I completely agree with you. I would imagine that those clowns don't have the same values. I just hope that the poor bastard filled out a pre-nup. Otherwise in about 6 mos. he will be half the multi-millionaire he once was. You know the saying about a fool and his $.

William T. Thorn, III

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2000 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
on the news, it said they did signed a prenup
PFF
System Bot
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2000 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Well, you have to give Fox some credit...at no point was the guy's pants down around his ankles...
jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2000 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
The bad part is that the women didn't look all that good either.
mwbackus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2000 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mwbackusSend a Private Message to mwbackusDirect Link to This Post
These type of contest dont work well anyway. Only two contestants won my "Who wants to marry a potential future millionare" contests, and in each case I ended up divorcing them after just a few years.

Mike

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2000 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
They were making fun of the show on SNL, about three people that wanted to get married and one was a guy. The chicks were airheads and were amazed that they were on tv. The winner was the guy who got groped in a rusted four door car.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2000 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
You can't buy love. What you can buy is a piece of butt for a while. I agree that you can't make a life long commitment after only knowing someone 2 hours, but you don't necessarily have to know them for years, either. I met my wife just a little over a month before we got married.(yup. We met the beginning of Feb, 1998 and got married on the 7th or 8th of March same year) Next month will be our 2nd wedding anniversary. We have our little spats but nothing to get excited about. I see many more years together! One of the best things that's ever happened to me!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2000 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Fox has announced that the re-airing of this show, schedualed for this tues I think, has been canceled. It turns out the there was a restraining order filed against him in 91 or 92 aleging abuse of a former girlfriend.

Details of the court paperwork are on www.smokinggun.com ((The site has been swamped so I can't tell you more than that.))

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2000 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
And he's a fraud. (Just saw this on MSN.) Not the real estate mogel he claims to be. Just a stand up comic. Some real estate folks in Canada (?) called him and his real estate deals "flaky". What a loser.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2000 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I could have my own Fox show- "Who would marry an almost middle aged, going grey/bald skinny guy with a big ole belly who barely makes more than the kids flipping burgers at Wonder Burger?"
Sounds like an instant hit to me. I could see the gold diggers line up for that one!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Okay, FOX has done everything but come right out and say, in so many words, that this whole concept was a "turkey". Go figure.
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2000 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
I heard an interview on the radio with the "lucky girl" today. She admitted it was a mistake. She only did it for the free weekend in Vegas and she never thought he would pick her.
PFF
System Bot
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
That whole fiasco really amazes me. I have watched the thing unfold and up until this morning had very little respect for the parties involved. However, I saw an interview with the former bride on the Today show where she admitted that she has no one to blame but herself. That takes guts, I respect that.

Of course FOX should have been a bit more thorough, but all parties involved got what they deserved....A couple of days being {burned) in the spotlight and the opportunity to write a book about the "ordeal"

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
My guess is this actually worked out the way everyone intended.

Fox has gotten so much publicity from this...even bad publicity gets ratings.

That Rockwell guy will probably get more real estate business now than he would have ever got otherwise.

And ol' whats her name got cash and prizes worth over $100,000, so her whining is making me sick too. If she's so offended by the experience, I say she should give all the stuff back.

I think the next Fox special should be..."Who wants to marry a filthy rich woman on her deathbed"...would be kinda like the Anna Nicole Smith story in reverse...

Where do I sign up ?

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Since the breakup (they "married" on Tuesday, she went home to mother on Sunday), reports are showing everyone this was more a publicity stunt/farce that Rockwell orchestrated.

THE BEST NEWS....

FOX has cancelled plans to air "Who Wants to Marry a Millionairess" in which a rich woman would making a choice from 50 guys on-air. Host Jay Thomas was upset he's lost out on that paycheck.

FOX has been totally embarassed in the public eye for stooping so low in it's "reality based" programming. It's about time!

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2000 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
My guess is that at some point Fox will try this again...

And people will tune in...it could be the highest rated show in TV history if they do...

Kinda like gawking at a car wreck...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock