Saw a good SUV bashing commercial by Deer_Slayer
Started on: 02-14-2000 02:00 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: wkayl on 02-16-2000 10:00 PM
Deer_Slayer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday i was watching the fishing shows on TNN. During the commercials, there was one that only showed anSUV sittin in a suburban driveway. There was a narrator giving a speech. I don't remember all that he said but in went on the lines of "with its automatic transmission, some recklessly call it a truck. Any real man knows a stationwagon when he sees one. The only offroading this "car" will see is if backed over a flower bed." And he went on at the end to say something like," If we accept this as an offroading vehicle, we should trade in our pants for skirts right now." i just had to take off my hat to that guy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I've always liked the Chevy/GMC Suburbans. I used to have an '87. Ambulance doors, light bar, 12" suspension lift, 4" body lift, custom tube bumpers, and 48" Terra tires. WaaHoo!! Absolutely worthless on ice, but you couldn't stop it in the snow, mud, grass, dirt, etc. I got the chance to run over an old Yugo at a boneyard once. What a rush!
HF6582

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HF6582Send a Private Message to HF6582Direct Link to This Post
A Yugo in the boneyard? That is an odd sight.
I thought that every Yugo driver had to have at least 10 in his backyard to keep the one running!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I never got into that SUV stuff. I have a 3/4 ton Suburban that I use to pull trailers with and haul stuff. It is basically an oversized 6000 pound station wagon, with enough room for 9 passengers and their luggage. It rides good, has good visibility and actually gets decent mileage-11 to 18 mpg, while pulling a loaded car trailer.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
oh geeze, we are starting to sound like the idiots we don't like......

some guy at a salvage yard told me that all fiero owners need at least 10 in there backyard to keep one running.

What if a yugo owner is reading this and ummmmmmmmm wait a sec. no one owns yugos nevermind LOL.

I honestly don't mind suvs, I know some really hot chicks that drive them.

olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
Saw a similar commercial today. It starts out with a scene from a gym, a bunch of guys working out and stuff. Then a womans voice comes over the PA system announcing that the owner of the tan mini-van in the parking lot had left their lights on. All the guys stop working out and look around at each other to see who owns a mini van. Then the commentator says "sooner or later your gonna get busted."
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
olympic--I've seen that one. There's another just like it, too. I absolutely hate mini-vans (except the ones that are capable of hauling non-running Fieros).
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2000 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
whats a yugo, is that like a kia? http://poseur.4x4.org/
theres that anti SUV website again
Every monday, the suntimes has a auto section, and there was an article that says SUVs are becoming very popular but how can the engineers design more vehicles that are getting less then 20 mpg? I hate these things on the road. How many people are taking a 6 passenger vehicle with only 1 person to commute more then 10 miles everyday to work? I feel fine for the people that have "pick up trucks" and el caminos oh my. Them are the guys that go motorcrossing, home depot, getting goodies from the junk yard, or their work truck. I just feel sorry for the people that own a lincoln navigator. Paying all that money for the same accelaration of my 4 cylinder. Anyone seen ricer Suvs now, i mean honda suvs. But i just hate seeing every other car is a jeep cherokee, 2nd is chrysler vans blowing blue smoke.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
I saw a Lincoln Navigator in the mall parking lot this weekend that had one of those chrome bumper kits with stone guards for the headlights and stone guards on the tail lights as well.

The most off roading that thing will ever see is driving past the Wal-mart Garden Center.

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
im w/u speeder...i HATE them... except for maybe a few older ones..the OWNERS pi$$ me off too. i cant even put it into words. it is overkill. ive seen both commercials & the 1st 1 is sooo true. i would like to weld some brush guards to a fiero & ram some of these things when they get in my way....i need to quit b4 i start turning into a frustrated yosimite sam!

u want to read some funny stuff? well i think its funny. the site is a hardcore bodybuilding site so ifn u aint into weights & real mens health then just read the editorials (atomic dog) by tc luoma...90% of them are hilarious & for the most part speak the truth.
www.testosterone.net then click on current issue... the atomic dog article comes up 1st.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I'm into weight. Well, maybe "over"weight. Does that count for anything?
PFF
System Bot
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Monkey,

Whenever someone asks me if I lift weights, I say yes... every time I stand up.

William T. Thorn, III

This thought has been sponsored by Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
ha ha ha, just check out some of the editorials. i think most will find them funny. (i would post this weeks but they are all quite lengthy & some, im sure, wont like them).
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
So many comments to make. So many people to offend. Good night, John Boy. Good night, Mary Sue Ellen. (What was her name?!)

Damn, I'm tired.

RZURCTN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RZURCTNSend a Private Message to RZURCTNDirect Link to This Post
There are those of us who are currently expanding our families and may be in the market for a minivan! I personally don't like them, but I will buy one for hauling the family (wife, 2 kids, dog, ect.)! I can't fit everyone into the Grand Am, carseats take up a lot of room. I agree that you shouldn't use one for a 1 passenger daily commuter car though. That is what my Fiero is for!

Just my $1.50 worth! Hey! That could've bought me a gallon of gas!

wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
Leno did a thing on the Tonight Show where he went into parking lots to ask SUV owners if the ever had theirs in 4X4. Most didn't even know how to put them in gear. Last fall my cousin came out to Colorado from Fargo ND. I took him on a drive above treeline that he said "wasn't in the brochure". My wife is still trying to get me to straighten out the running boards on her truck.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock