Is it springtime yet??? by FieroGT
Started on: 02-11-2000 08:57 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: fiero56 on 02-15-2000 11:49 AM
FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTSend a Private Message to FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to the wonderful (Sarcasm added) winter, my bike will be parked for another 2 months. Anyone else here live in the NE area of the country? I am so sick of snow. Thank God the SE loves this weather.

Anyone have any problems with their Fiero in adverse weather? I never had a problem with mine; except when the tires resembled slicks. New all season tires make my Fiero the only thing I want to drive in the winter. Imagine that, making turns without turning the steering wheel......

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Winter bites, all right. Seems like this winter has been nothing but colds and flu, and snow and salt all over my Fiero's paint and ground into the floor mats. The poor little car. I can't wait to give it a good hand-washing and coat of wax.

My Fiero did great in the snow until I replaced my 195/70R14 Dunlops with 215/60R14 Yokohamas. They're great in the dry, but in more than 2" of snow, I'm the a$$hole that can't seem to get rolling when the light turns green. Next winter I'll buy a set of beat-up 14" alloys and mount some Bridgestone Blizzaks or something similar.

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Guess I shouldn’t talk about having to run the air conditioner the past few days.
superXmotorsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for superXmotorsportsClick Here to visit superXmotorsports's HomePageSend a Private Message to superXmotorsportsDirect Link to This Post
That's why I posted about wanting to move to Cali - I can't take this crap! I spent a couple winters in Georgia and 1 in CA and it makes it tough to come back to the Northeast. SXM.
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
I had the sunroof out yesterday. As an Iowa refugee, I don't miss the winters up there. I love the winters here in coastal Georgia, but hurricane season really blows!
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2000 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
Its definitely springtime, pavement is showing on the larger roads, acceleration can be felt again, soon, soon the summer tires. Yes! Almost up to eight hours of daylight too. Slide grab slide grab slide, positive feedback on Exactly where the tires meet the road. Spring has got to be my fourth favorite season.

[This message has been edited by Phaeton (edited 02-13-2000).]

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2000 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
It is not allowed to be Spring until I get my car fixed !!!
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2000 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
My wife had to drive my GT last week just after it snowed. My son hadn't gotten his GT yet so in the snow I thought it would be better if he drove the 4x4. Wife said she slid a little sideways on the 1st corner and had a little respect for the snappy V6 after that. She is used to the full size ext cab.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2000 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I HATE WINTER! If UPS did transfers I'd be somewhere down south tomorrow! With 10 years I feel sort of "TRAPPED". well theres always retirement! I can't wait till I can turn my outside water back on (off so pipes won't freeze) so I won't have to rely on the car wash downtown. They told me the wash is recycled water but the rinse is fresh. Then why does my GT have little white spots (salt) all over it when I get it home after drying!! LIERS!
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2000 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
It was about 68 and sunny in Atlanta, yesterday.
On the other hand, I'd much rather have snow (like up North), than an ice storm (like we had here, several weeks ago). At least snow doesn't take down the trees and power lines.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-13-2000).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I hate winter!!! i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it!! And to make matters worse, my GT that I bought a week ago froze solid.. knew I should of replaced the anti-freeze.. it's thawed out in the garage now.

Wide tires (and more torque) slide around quite a bit in the snow. Took a while to get used to my GT.. going from a 4 cyl with 185/80r13's to the GT with 195/60hr15's on the front and 205/60hr15 on the back. A little squirrley at times.. 2nd gear starts help in the snow, won't break the tires loose quite so quickly. oh yeah, did I mention i hate snow!!! cold too!!

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
BITE YOUR TOUNGE!!!!

i love the winter...snow boarding...snow boarding...& SNOW BOARDING!

the only downside...no motorcycles.

so far this winter has been very mild here in colorado springs. ive ridden my bike several times since the 1st snow & went boarding for the first time this season on sat the 12th.

although im kind of anxious for this summer...let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
SpeedPhreak--Nothing personal, but...Are you nuts?! I HATE WINTER!!! I HATE WINTER!!! I HATE WINTER!!! I HATE WINTER!!! Glad I got that out of my system. Now I can go outside and shovel the newly fallen snow.
Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobSend a Private Message to RobDirect Link to This Post
Snow bites, I haven't seen my Fiero in the last 4 months.(in storage ). Sometime in April I can get it back out. Snow Bites!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I'm predicting March 21st for the 1st day of spring.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
ive been accused of it, but i think im pretty normal.

i suppose if u have to explain something to someone, they will never know.... kinda like explaining over & over & over WHY a fiero.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Sure isn't springtime here in Ohio. I left the Fiero out in the driveway all day Sunday while it rained outside. The rain all froze on my poor Fiero overnight, and it took me 15 minutes to get in. 5 minutes searching for the ice scraper, and 10 minutes chipping away at the window, and door panels.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock