Started on: 02-07-2000 12:39 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: 86SE on 02-13-2000 01:17 AM
DaRkLoRD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I know a lot of you have seen my Fiero site, but has anyone else seen my business web page? I work as a graphic artist, and started using Photoshop in 1996. Completely self-taught..

http://www.digitalfusion.on.ca

I have a fair sized portfolio online, but most people are interested in the free stuff my site has. I have several Photoshop Tutorials (one of which won me first prize in a contest..) as well as 8 (so far) desktop wallpapers, which I created in a 3D landscape program.

I know of 86SE, and Penetrator. (very awesome 3D models on your Fiero site!)

Anyone else?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Darklord, I majored in art at Auburn University and use computer graphics frequently. Mostly Adobe Photoshop, but also Corel. Sometimes working between the two.
I did the title page on our website. http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/6215
using Adobe.
The letter form is filled with a topograhpic map. Background is a photo taken from an OH6 helicopter. The 25th division patch was produced by putting and actual patch in the scanner. I also use a Sony digital camera.
Coy
Eddie.H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eddie.HSend a Private Message to Eddie.HDirect Link to This Post
I work as a photo retoucher/ high end scanner operator for AGT and I to work with photoshop as well from 2.0 to 5.0 I started using photoshop in I think it was 1994 Il ove it.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2000 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
i have been into computer graphics since i was a little kid. I started with Geopaint on my old commodore 64, then moved up to an Amiga. I used several 3D progs on this platform, and loved the Deluxe Paint program. I eventually moved on to the PC and am using 3D Studio Max 3 , Lightscape 3.2 and Photoshop 5.5. I do architectural design renderings for several firms up here in Canada. Last fall, I actually was contracted to do the 3D design renderings for the new Particle Accelerator Synchrotron project being built in Saskatoon. I was pretty proud of this because there is only two of these facilities in North America!! I started a 3d model of my 87 GT a while back, but haven't had enough time to finish it off. When I get it done, I'll let you guys know and you can take a peek at it. Did any of you other guys ever use an Amiga computer? Boy did I love those, had a 2000,3000, and 4000. Way ahead of their time IMHO.
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2000 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederDirect Link to This Post
i did buy a commodore 64 from ebay. I always wanted one as a kid. I got an adams computer and atari.
When you guys draw, do you use the trackball or those pens with that board?
Im taking computer science at school, i had autocad in highschool and i have seen 3d studio, the teacher got it for class. I bet the manual for that is bigger then autocad.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I've been doing graphics since I got a DOS drawing program called "dr. halo".. it came with a Genius mouse we got in the late 80s.. (we had a 286 at the time..) big boxy mouse, really funny looking.

I still use a mouse, I can't afford to get a tablet. If I bought all the things I needed for my computer, I wouldn't have enough money for a Fiero..

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

DaRkLoRD

7001 posts
Member since Feb 99
I've seen ones for around $200 before
FieroMorg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMorgClick Here to visit FieroMorg's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroMorgDirect Link to This Post
I'm a graphic designer/Cold Fusion Programmer at the Univeristy of Waterloo. I work with programs such as Photoshop 5.5, Homesite, Dreamweaver 2.0, Flash 4.0, Cold Fusion, and RealFlash..... Next September I am taking the 4 year Honour Multimedia Animation program at McMaster University in Hamilton...Lots of twisty road in Hamilton for my Fiero =)
PFF
System Bot
86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
I've been doing graphics since July. I mainly work with photoshop 5. i build web pages with Dreamweaver 3. I use trueSpace 4 and 3D Studio max R3 for 3d stuff. I have done a few 3d animations with Ulead Cool 3d but I have only been working with graphics for 6 months and I'm only 15 so i still have time to get better and maybe someday as good as DaRkLoRd!!
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
86SE.. thx.. heh. I use Photoshop 5.01, but I'm getting 5.5 next week hopefully. I discovered Dreamweaver a couple weeks ago, but I still have v2.0. I'd like to get 3 sometime. I used to use 3D Studio R4 (dos-based), but I never really got into using Max. (I've been looking into getting a copy however) I haven't done much in the way of 3D animations, or even 2D.. I'd like to get into some 3D landscape work, with animated flyovers of 3D rendered terrain like on my website at http://www.digitalfusion.on.ca/stuff/backgrounds

I'm trying to learn Flash at the moment, but I need to reinstall windows, so I have a lot of software I need to install when I (hopefully) get my new hard drive next week. (ordered it 2 weeks ago... very slow.)

86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
DaRkLoRd, you must have made a ton of $$$$ making all those web pages and gfx!!

The only REAL work I have done is design all the graphics for our towns webpage (volountary work and has not been put on the net yet). I do have a Fiero web site I made last march before I learned all my computer graphic making skills, http://fierodude.hypermart.net

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2000 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
86SE:

Nope.. I hardly have any money at all. Not enough yet to buy an 86 GT. I live in a small town, and there's not much market here for web pages.. The only serious competition I have in the area (they actually are in St. Catherines, they just work in my area sometimes) charges at least 4x as much as I do. Don't get me wrong, they do good work and I talk regularly with the owner, but they are expensive.
I only charge around $1,000 CAD (a little under $750 USD) for a full website.. and not many people around here are even willing to pay that.

If anyone would like to see some of my work, the link is posted above.

86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
I just got another graphic program, Paint Shop Pro 6.

I just got Macromedia Fireworks 3, but havent figured out what to do with it yet.

I was thinking about getting Canoma 3D to make some cool things 3D.

Has anyone ever used Adobe GoLive 4??

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2000 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
One of the things I like about paint shop pro is the feature of converting an image to various color depths. I haven't yet found an easy way to change an image to 16 colors in Photoshop.

I have Fireworks 2, never used it yet tho. As for GoLive... never even heard of it! what's it do?

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2000 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

DaRkLoRD

7001 posts
Member since Feb 99
Ok, I know what GoLive is now.. so.. has anyone here used it?? it sounds awesome.
86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2000 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
I just got MetaCreations Canoma 3D!! You can make any image in a 3D looking environment and you can even make 3D movies with it!!
PFF
System Bot
86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2000 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
Now I am going to get MetaCreation Carrara 1.0!! Thsi prog sounds AWESOME!! I'v VERY realistic 3D models/animations made with it!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock