Close call in the Trooper! by Shiner
Started on: 02-02-2000 07:55 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: DRH on 02-06-2000 01:48 AM
Shiner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
Had a real close call today while driving the Isuzu Trooper. Me and my friend were just out catching a movie (Bicentenial Man) and checking out a new bike for me (Ducati 750 Supersport), and were on our way back. I must have taken my eyes off the road for half a second, and I look back, right into the brake lights of a ford probe! I slammed the brakes hard, just hard enough to have all four tires yelping for mercy, but not locked up. I thought I was going to nail this guy, so at that point I went right into the shoulder, thinking if I HAD to, I could drive off the road into the snow, which was pretty deep and soft looking, heh, but I had JUST enough room on the shoulder to creep by if I had to. Luckily, I stopped THREE FEET from this guy's bumper! I bet he crapped his pants. It shook me up pretty good, and I kissed the car and stroked it's guage pod afterward, lol. I feel a new bond with that car now.

Just goes to show you, ALWAYS wear your seatbelt, and be prepared for the worst at all times! I could have been rear ended easily. Funny, me and my friend were right in the middle of talking about wrecking cars....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Shiner,

All I can say is that you have a DAMN fine taste in bikes!

William T. Thorn, III

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Hey M-man, we don't need it to be life-size!

(Yeah, much better! Now I can read the thread. )

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-03-2000).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman... Izzat yours?!?
That's a beautiful bike! (Usta have a '78 750 Bonnie, but it was a rat. Smoked like a house fire.)
Shiner, Glad you missed the Probe. That Trooper coulda knocked it into the middle of next week! Although I hate close calls, they sure beat the alternative.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-02-2000).]

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
William,

If you like that bike, then YOU have good taste too! I was at one of the local bike places, just checking out some of the new gear. I go into the back room with mostly the thrashed CB750's and bikes like that. Quite a few of the bikes there looked like they had been laid down, and it was covered up. Then I see this little yellow Duc, tucked in between a bummed up '89 V-max and a gixer, I think. It was a '99 model, with 6k on the odo. Pearl yellow, half fairing, in MINT condition for $6999. This bike spoke to me like no other machine ever has. It's really hard to describe in words how I felt about this bike. After I saw her, all the new F4's and R6's looked stupid to me. Of course, I don't have that kind of money right now. So it will have to wait. But I will have her, oh yes, I WILL have her (okay, maybe not HER, but one of her hundreds of identical twins)!!

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
MV Augusta F4 Serie Oro. I would kill for one of these. seriously. I wanted a Ducati 916 until I saw a pic of the F4...

go to http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccagiva/mvagustaf4.html

[This message has been edited by Standard (edited 02-03-2000).]

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman, Beautiful Triumph. A friend of mine, John Skinner, has a bussiness thats built around renovating these bikes. He probablly has more vintage triumph parts than anyone in the world. He does frame up restorations and has customers all over the world. It,s amazing how popular these bikes are even today.
I hope you got good money for that 750cc. The going price is 7,000 to 10,000 dollars.
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
although my first love in bikes are sportbikes & not just jap bikes...triumph, ducs, aprilla, etc... all hit that special spot that gets me all giddy. i go against the grain & love other bikes..especially custom harleys & indians (sat on a 25K indian at the dealer the other day...SWEET).

i have a 97 gsxr600 which will be a race bike when i take delivery of my r6 in a month or 2. i almost got a duc 748 instead but i almost cried (literally) when i didnt get the r6 last year.

here is a pic of me on it....w/my (now gone) fiero in the background

i dont have a pic but has n e 1 seen the benelli tornado? or the norton nemisis v8?....sweet

[This message has been edited by SpeedPhreak (edited 02-03-2000).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I bought a new Kawasaki SR 650 in 1979 immediately after I got out of the military and owned it for 19 years. Ok so it mostly sat around under the carport for the last few years I owned it. Fine bike, it was an early factory custom Jap bikes, coffin shaped gas tank, mag wheels, etc. It was beautiful! I have pics, but my scanner is inoperative right now. The ladies would line up and beg to go for a ride with me when it was new. I was much younger and better looking back then. A few years ago, my brother almost killed himself on his bike, was in a coma for a couple months, severe head injury, a punctured lung and lots of broken bones. Even after being in intensive care for a week, the doctors were only giving him a 50/50 chance of living. Well, he beat the odds, but is handicapped for life. It took the fun out of motorcycle riding for me. The moral of the story, be careful on those bikes, don't be another statistic or get crippled up.
RICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RICKSend a Private Message to RICKDirect Link to This Post
I have a 97 Yamaha YZF600R that i'm thinking about selling. I bought it new and she has less than 2000 miles on her, I just dont have time to ride it and it's a shame to let that bike set in the shed all by her little lonesome self, gee.. I think I'm going to cry, quick Monkeyman give me a pill, make me feel better. Ok i'm better now.
Just a quick story..My friend got a new bike at the begining of the year and he thought he was hot s*&#, I was the lead rider with 3 other guys behind me. We were riding along at a nice pace and he kept pulling up along side of me and then slowing down. I finnaly got tired of it and was going to down shift and pull away...well to make a long story short we were doing 40-45mph and I went down to many gears, when I dumped the clutch and hit the gas all I remember was seeing the sky. My friend said all he say was a little puff of smoke from the back tire and the front wheel going into the air. Im able to laugh about it now since I was finally able to pull the seat out of my a** caused by me trying to hold on for dear life. That was the first time the front wheel ever came off the ground. I didn't care for that to much.
Hey Monkeyman, how about another pill for the road.
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2000 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
they put V8s in motorcycles?

WOW, maybe I'll start looking at them now too

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2000 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
here is a link to the "first look" on the nemesis v8...
http://dragbike.com/news/features/firstlook_norton_nemesis.htm

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2000 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
how much is a new motorcycle with a V8?

and wouldn't 200mph on a motorcyle blow you off the back?

I've only ridden on mopeds before LOL.

dialkyldithiophosphate hmmmmmmmm.......

PFF
System Bot
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2000 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Standing up on the pegs at 200 is probably not a good idea.

With that kind of HP/Torque to Weight ratio, staying on at wide open in second isn't a gimme either

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock