Other Cool Kitcars by jhogans
Started on: 01-31-2000 11:16 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: mutfish on 02-11-2000 06:57 AM
jhogans

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
Check out the DAX KAMALA. This baby is much tight. http://www.daxcars.co.uk/start.htm

Check out this kit for the MR-2. http://www.ish-car.co.uk/about.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Now that people can get kit-car stuff for the Mr. Two, they will leave out Fieros alone!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The DAX Kamala is an interesting looking car, but some of the hype at their website is pretty funny. Would you believe that this car with its open front wheel fenders is described as "the totally practical all weather sports car". I doubt this car would be too "practical" on wet roads with it's front tires spraying water and road crud up all over the place. In a turn, the inside front tire would probably be lobbing ground water and dirt right onto the windshield.

I'd be happy to drive it on a dry road though...

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
ISH...

what a strange-ish name.. kinda weird-ish, don't ya think? pretty cool-ish looking car tho.. looks F355-ish.

Check out the warp drive on the first photo.. you can tell it's a warp drive because the back of the car is going faster than the front, so that's why it's blurred, and the front isn't.

pretty cool-ish.

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 02-01-2000).]

jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
What do you think about this kit based on the VW Beetle
http://www.dalhems.com/vw%20typ%201/mania.html

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I've seen that kit before.. I like it!

I think the tail lights on the first one look better than the 2nd one.

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
DL, Maybe the blur is because the rear is sliding on that little curve??? Maybe somebody spilled some rice. hehehe
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

DRH

2683 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Hey... this is getting to be almost a chat room my last reply was to darklords earlier post.

That is about the best looking beetle I've ever seen. Actually I like the front of the first one and the tail of the second...

[This message has been edited by DRH (edited 02-01-2000).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Monkey... do you have a URL for the Noble M10??

Looks awesome!

jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
Monkey, what car is the Noble based on?
PFF
System Bot
SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
thats kinda funny, i just refreshed the forum & saw the sterling here. i just started researching vw aftermarket parts & the tube chassis from the glass station (i think) to build 1..although for price consideration i will probably end up buying a bug. or even buying 1 thats already built/started & modifying/finishing it.
jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
I send email to the guys who makes the Mania (the kit car that I posted). It looks like it requires somebody who knows how to do body work. All they give is the shell and builder peforms all of the cutting for the headlights, taillights etc. I found this idea pretty cool because it give you full freedom as to how you want it too look thus giving each car a unique look. I might tackle this kit car in a couple of years as a winter project. First I plan to take some courses at the Tech school down the road. They have classes on auto body repair, car stereo, automotive repair, etc.

----- Beginning of my email -----
I am very interested in getting more information about you kitcar either via email or mail.

I would like to see some pics on the different pieces that come with the kit.

What are the different body options available? ie, headlights, taillights, door interior, etc. I saw several versions of the kit and was wondering if these are option that are provided by your company or do the owners have to perform the modifications.

What modifications is required to put the kit together?

Do you have a copy of build instructions that you can send me?

Are you guys able to ship to the United States? If so how much will it cost?

Do you have an customers in the states that you can provide as references?

Do you have any other customers that you can provide as references?

Do you any of your customers have websites where I can see this kit in progress or finished?

I would like to learn as much about the kit as possible.

Thanks for any info.
----- End of my email -----

----- Beginning of company response -----
Hi
The kit consists only of the front and rear body and the two doors. And the windshield as well. All the rest has to be figured out by the builder. Including the front lights. There is no manual. It´s for those who build a car, not just put a kit together. No Manias in the states yet. I can only get you references in Sweden. Freight to US would be around $1200 I think. The only info we have is on our site.

Regards
Jorgen

jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2000 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
How about this kit for the Jeep Wrangler? http://www.bad-auto.com/index.htm]http://www.bad-auto.com/index.htm

83-’94 Chevy S-10 Blazer (2 dr.) based kit: http://members.tripod.com/mcwalkerusa/dalesar.html

[This message has been edited by jhogans (edited 02-05-2000).]

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2000 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
ROFLMAO!!!! Does anybody else think these "Bad-Auto" (an appropriate name...) kits are ridiculous looking?
jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2000 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
LOL. I agree with you. The Rodster is ugly in my opinion.
jhogans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhogansSend a Private Message to jhogansDirect Link to This Post
The Aldino is one bad ass kit. I finally found the address to the company that sells this kit.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~ahbucha/

mutfish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2000 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mutfishSend a Private Message to mutfishDirect Link to This Post
Just mho but most of these kit cars look exactly that, "kit" cars,to my eyes the bone stock late model GT's look as good if not better than anything on this thread......

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock