Started on: 01-27-2000 03:02 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Standard on 01-27-2000 03:17 PM
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I got your e-mail

I was wondering if you meant car audio or home audio.

I think you meant home so I'll explain what I did.

On the back of my stereo there is an rca out that I ran a standard Rca cable to a "Car audio Amplifier" The amp is running off an old 12 v 6amp battery charger (with an on/off button). Then you just plug the + and - sides of the speaker in to the amp and boom its done. The only odd thing is that you have to splice a speaker wire from the 12v source to the REM screw.

If you were talking about a regular style subwoofer its usually just one rca cable and a plug. But I prefer the bass of car audio stereos over conventional because they go a lot deeper.

Thats my 2 cents.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
You're right, i was talking home audio. I don't have an rca out on mine, that's what I was wondering about... I guess I could get an amp with speaker-level inputs but that would make it a little more complicated.. I'm with ya' on the preference, tho. thanks a bunch!
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock