Started on: 01-25-2000 03:37 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Shiner on 01-26-2000 04:57 PM
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that there's a few people who ride on this forum. Anybody race? Cross-country, Downhill, anything?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
I rode up until last year, haven't had much of a chance, and I only ride when its warm outside. I'll start back up this spring.

[This message has been edited by fiero56 (edited 01-25-2000).]

Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
I ride! I don't race, however, I leave that up to my brother, who races BMX. The trophies are going to need their own room soon... I love riding single track, and boy, do I have to scars to show for it! I wrecked really bad last summer up in Maine, almost busted a couple ribs, and tore the crap out of my left arm. The shirt I was wearing at the time was SHREDDED on that side. I know it's kinda sick, but I loved it!
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2000 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Scars rule! My most visible one is on my upper lip. Doing a downhill race when a rock kicked the back of the bike up hard - did a lawn dart into the ground(which also happened to be rock). Jumped right back up and on my bike, didn't think anything was wrong. Noticed the left side of my handlebar was quite a few inched lower than the right, and then I tasted blood in my mouth.. have the numberplate with a big drop of blood on it, too. I had come down in just the right way to push my canine tooth all the way through my lip.. needed 7 or 8 stitches, also had a small hole beside it that needed 3 stitches. Left side of my face was pretty tore up, too. Thank god for helmets, cause if I wasn't wearing one then I wouldn't be here now.. my helmet was crushed right where my temple was.
I also do BMX, but mostly street riding.. stair jumping rules! had some nice scars on the back of my calf from when my foot slipped off the pedal, but my tat covers most of them up.
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2000 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
I agree, the leg scars are omnipresent. hehe. I have plenty of "bear trap" marks from slipping off the pedals, and of course the horrible chain ring teeth marks. But my best scar isn't readily visible (luckily). It's right between my eyes, and you can only see it when I squint. See, one time my idiot friend "accidentally" hit me in the head with a 9 iron golf club. That one really hurt, and I scared the crap out of the rest of the people there with all the blood dripping off my face, and in my eyes. It was so much fun...... Thank god it didn't hit my eye!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock