Wife hates my car... by deceler8
Started on: 01-25-2000 09:21 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: SCCA FIERO on 01-26-2000 01:04 AM
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
And I don't give a damn...

I think she thought I was nuts when I wanted one. Then when I found one (for $500), she thought it was a piece of crap because it had a cracked fender. When I was replacing the fender, I asked her to hand it to me and she said something like..."That's all there is to this ? Is this safe ?"

She didn't like the paint either. The car was faded and all the paint was burned off the mirrors and luggage rack. But after a good buffing and repainting the black pieces, it looks like new and everyone compliments me on it. But she still won't ride in it (but my dog loves it...I think I'm gonna leave it to him in my will.

So I now can drive my shiny two seater unencumbered by wife. Is life great or what...

Anyone else have the same problem...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
and now u see, a bind between a man and his fiero and a dog... the fiero will never complain, just ask for a new part here or there and a dash of paint,or a quart of oil... meanwhile the dog will always look on in amazement, never to complain, always happy to go for a ride, no matter what!!!
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
My dog gets into my car as much as possible.

she just sits in the drivers side. I've never taken her for a ride in a car before so that might be interesting

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Try it sometimes. My dog has gone on cross country trips with me. Sits just like a passenger would with his paw resting on the center console.

Needless to say, with a big dog, I'm vaccuuming the car a lot.

william_thorniii

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
My coon hound Duke loves vehicles. He especially loves trucks. We used to have an invisible fence system. When people would park in the driveway and leave their windows down, they would often find him curled up on the floor of the passenger side. He has jumped into windows on my 84 Power Ram with a 31" tires... so any vehicle is fair game. He also has surprised several people. Often he would sneak into the vans/trucks of folks that would come to do work (paint ,roofing, plumbing, etc.). Sometimes they would actually get back to the shop and only then realize that Duke was in there.

Another dog that we had (Sam) used to love to ride in cars. He was one of those stick his head out the window dogs. The problem arose with the invention of power windows. He was only a Golden Retriever so he needed to stand on the arm rest to get his head out the window. The higher the better he thought so he would start inching forward on the arm rest. Eventually he would hit the power window button. For some unknown reason, he always made it go up and would choke himself. He was so dumb that he kept right on wagging and wouldn't make a sound.

William T. Thorn, III

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
My dog, an 85 pound male Boxer, loves to ride in my truck. If I leave him in it while I go into a store or something, when I come back he ducks below the door... LOL it's so funny. I don't know what he is trying to do, but I think he is hiding from me? He ducks down and peeks up every couple seconds watching me as I approach... funny thing is... I can see his pointy ears sticking up inside the window. I guess you have to see it in life.
william_thorniii

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
SCCA,

That is he-i-lar-ious! Dogs think that they are so sneaky! I used to leave Duke in my truck when I would go somewhere. Then he figured out that my sliding rear window was easy to open... Usually he wouldn't go far, just nap in the bed in the sun or stand on the toolbox. I replaced the lock on it soon after he figured out.

William T. Thorn, III

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2000 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I just remembered something else he did that had me laughing so hard I almost wrecked. I was driving down the road and Buster had his head out the window. My truck has the power window switch mounted on the armrest on the door. Buster was happy with his tongue flapping going 40 mph and looking at the pretty women and fire hydrants. I had the radio up kinda loud, then I notice Buster going nuts in the seat next to me. Seems he stepped on the switch and rolled his head up in the window. LOL... poor guy. I could go on and on about the funny stuff he does.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock