Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  the downfall of global warming, or Byng were not in North Carolina anymore!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

the downfall of global warming, or Byng were not in North Carolina anymore! by bHooper
Started on: 01-25-2000 07:18 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: bHooper on 01-28-2000 09:48 AM
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
it's 7 am here in Greensboro, NC... and a foot of snow has droped on us since the Oilers lost in OT to the Predators! This is piedmont NC, we're not supposed to get weather like this. It has snowed, sleated or snowed every two days for the past week!

Two weeks ago, I was skipping out on work early to go mountain bike rideing. And now
it's like I'm in freaking Minnesota!

Don't get me wrong... I luv this stuff! Can't get enough of it! But it's been 4 years since we had any snow! This is wierd...

[This message has been edited by bHooper (edited 01-25-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, why didn't my image post? I thought I did it right....
DJRice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
You cant use spaces in the file name.....you would have to do it like this: "snow_on_the_jeep"
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
DJ, Thanks!
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Bring on the global warming!! Maybe then things will actually get above 0 for more than 5 months a year up here in Northern Saskatchewan. Things are finally warming up here, by Friday its supposed to get around -2!! This is really odd as it usually around -30-35 this time of year. Bizarre. One interesting bit though, my Fiero is the best winter vehicle I have ever driven. I got a set of Canadian Tire snow tires and she plows through anything.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I love global warming! Here in Minnesota up until jan. 10 we had about 10" total of snow fall. You could drive around and actually see grass... Of course, it's gotten a little worse now. Oh well, only makes it easier to whip shitties.
bHooper -- what's wrong with being like "freaking Minnesota"!?!?!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Bhooper..

Looks like you got quite a dump of snow. We haven't gotten any more than 4 inches total this winter here in Calgary, Canada. If the Winter Olympics were here this year, we'd have to truck in snow from the mountain ski resorts!!! We could still get a spring snowstorm though - and that could easily equal an entire winter's worth of snow in a couple of days. Haven't seen one like that in four years either!!

Calgary Webcams - http://www.cict.com/

Have fun it's all temporary!!

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-25-2000).]

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
so you guys had more goals scored against you by edmonton, than you've had snow!? interesting!

just picking!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

We just continue to get rain, rain, and more rain here in Vancouver. However, the rain does appear to feel a little warmer...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Bhooper... you're talking about something called hockey, aren't ya!? Sorry... I don't pay much attention to sports :-)

Patrick... lived in Vancouver 7 years before coming to Calgary. With the high humidity, it always "felt colder" to me in Vancouver. Give me a sunny, low humidity (been as low as 15% relative) 0 degree day in Calgary, over a cloudy, high humidity 10 degree day in Vancouver anytime. I try to visit my mom in spring/summer to avoid the winter rains. I really DO ENJOY the 9-10 hour drive through from Calgary-Vancouver - a great Fiero drive!!

PS - Patrick - are you a member of the West Coast Fieros Club of B.C.? http://www.westcoastfieros.com/

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-25-2000).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

fierosound, I've got friends originally from Alberta who say the same thing as you. Having lived here all my life, I'm used to the dampness. The only time it ever really bothered me was years ago when I dislocated my shoulder. For months and months afterwards I could always tell when the weather was going to change by how my shoulder felt.

I'm aware of the West Coast Fiero Club here in BC and I've checked out their website, but I'm not really a "club" oriented guy. However, if the truth be known, I joined a video production club years ago to pursue a woman I knew who belonged to it. That relationship took some interesting turns before it imploded. Now I'm the club president. Strange how things turn out.

Now what was the question?

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Patrick--Funny (in a slightly painful sort of way) you should mention something about a dislocated shoulder. I dislocated mine about 3 months ago and it's never been right since (neither have I!). I've noticed lately that it's been hurting more and more but I just attributed that to the fact that the doc was a quack. Maybe there's something to the humidity thing after all.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

M-man, I guess it depends on the severity of the dislocation, but it took me over two years before I no longer experienced the painfull dull ache in my shoulder.

It's interesting that what some people call "dampness", others refer to as "humidity". Not that I'm necessarily correct, but I always associate dampness with the cold and humidity with warm temperatures.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I've always considered "humidity" to be the correct term and "dampness" to be the feeling. But it doesn't matter. If the air is moist, it's humidness. (How's that? )
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2000 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Just a update on cold fridged North Carolina... it was 3 degrees above ZERO this morning! We are supposed to get more snow and ice this weekend! Nothing has melted! Anywhere!

By the way, Monkey, I agree Humid=warm and Damp=cool

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock