Started on: 01-25-2000 01:55 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: DaRkLoRD on 01-31-2000 12:36 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I liked the look of the LCARS (Library Computer Access And Retrieval) computer screens on Star Trek right from the time they were introduced in the Star Trek movies. I always thought it'd be neat to have a desktop that looked like it. There are many suitable wallpapers that can be used, but I wanted something that wasn't "static". Below is a screen shot of an Active Desktop wallpaper I've put togther. Three of the screens are animated - a rotating Enterprise, flying through space viewscreen and digital number readouts. I've also put together a Star Trek theme which utilizes Star Trek Computer WAVs for all Windows functions. It get alot of great comments. It is set up for a 1024x768 screen. I can email to anyone here who like it. Please state whether you'd like the Active Desktop or Theme (or both). Any other trekkers out there??

PS - the best site for Star Trek is www.treksearch.com

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-25-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
That desktop looks awesome!! A bit too complicated for my tastes tho. my background is mostly plain black.

I'm not much of a trekkie anymore, but I still watch voyager every wed. night, and I used to watch TNG & DS9 as well..

Regarding sci-fi, I'm more into Star Wars now, but I'll always like trek.

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
That background is sweet. Please hook me up with the Active Desktop and Sound Scheme.

Thanks.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Darklord... Thanks... I just keep all my icons down the left side... makes things easier...

Great Star Wars wallpaper can be found at may sites, a few are below:

http://starwars.about.com/entertainment/starwars/library/weekly/aa083099.htm?iam=ask&terms=STAR+WARS+wallpaper
http://starwars-art.8m.com/
http://www.topsurf.com.au/~wadesweb/AreaSWW.htm
http://www.starwars.com/
http://bvsd.k12.co.us/~kaelon/pics.html

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
That is absolutely killer!! PLEASE send me one of everything. I must have that!!! Wow! I've been a trekkie since...I don't know. I was born in '67 so I missed the 1st few episodes. Do you have "Star Trek--Starship Creator"? If not, LMK. I might be able to copy it (for educational purposes only!!). I love Star Wars, too. I drug my Mom to see it when it 1st came out. We went 11 times. Now I have the THX version of all 3 on DVD. I also just completed my Star Trek movie collection (mostly on VHS, but Insurrection and First Contact on DVD.). I have a Klingon (I don't remember what it's called-the big 5' tall fighting knife). I had it made out of SS. The handles are wrapped in leather and it's been professionally sharpened. (OUCH!) I made a lined box for it out of rosewood.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound, that looks absolutely amazing. I had the LCARS desktop for KDE (Linux) but didn't like it very much. This looks much, much better!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11606 posts
Member since Jan 99
PS: I did this Star Trek Midi long time ago. It can be found on quite a few sites. It sounds best on a AWE32 or AWE64 card (that's what I arranged it for). It doesn't sound very good on other cards - not even a SBLive (if you want to hear it on a SBLive, make sure your Environmental Setting is set to "Concert Hall").

Star Trek Midi

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I love Star Trek, but Kirk rules! Picard bites!
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, awesome midi!!

Monkeyman.. where did you get star wars DVDs? every source I've heard from says they're not available on DVD until all 6 movies are done.

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 01-25-2000).]

Eddie.H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eddie.HSend a Private Message to Eddie.HDirect Link to This Post
I love star 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 7 of 9 JERI RYAN WHAT A RACK WHAT A WOWAN UPS MY WIFE IS COMING GOTTA GO
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Eddie - I had lost interest in Voyager after it ran for a awhile, but once Kes was dumped and Seven Of Nine was introduced, my interest came back. She is hot. Janeway, Seven and The Doctor are now the three lead characters (similar to Kirk, Spock and McCoy?).

For everything Jeri - go to the webpage below:

http://treksearch.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?query=Jeri+Ryan

PFF
System Bot
baggy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2000 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baggySend a Private Message to baggyDirect Link to This Post
fierosound..
I'll take the active desktop..
xris2@bellsouth.net

thanx...

baggy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2000 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baggySend a Private Message to baggyDirect Link to This Post

baggy

22 posts
Member since Jan 2000
thats a really good midi Cliff...
one of the best I've heard..
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Cliff--Cool! I got goosebumps! Maybe I can find a way to incorporate that into my new ST desktop.

Gokart--JTK is the best, but I like JLP, too. The only one I didn't like was the guy on DS9 but then I just didn't like the show at all.

Darklord--I got them for Christmas. I think they were purchased from OnCue, but I'll have to check and see. The last prequel isn't due until sometime in 2005 (it isn't even written yet from what I understand-just a rough draft) so it would be a bummer if you had to wait until then. I'll do some checking this weekend.

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound - I'm not a trekkie but my dad is! He'll love those. gimme one of each! Fieromike88@netzero.net thanks!
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2000 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman.. email me when you check the DVDs, if I can find the SW trilogy on DVD, it might give me an excuse to get a DVD player..
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2000 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Just as an afterthought... the "star" photos in the various views in the wallpaper above are ACTUAL star photos taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. You've heard the phrase "reality is stranger than fiction"? Well these photos really are. These and many others can be fond in Nasa's photo archive:

http://www.nasa.gov

Jim Baumann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2000 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim BaumannSend a Private Message to Jim BaumannDirect Link to This Post
I went to this thread and got lost in the links for several hours. I'll take a copy of both - one for my laptop the other for my home puter. Thanx They look great.
Jim Baumann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2000 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim BaumannSend a Private Message to Jim BaumannDirect Link to This Post

Jim Baumann

159 posts
Member since Oct 1999
I went to this thread and got lost in the links for several hours. I'll take a copy of both - one for my laptop the other for my home puter. Thanx They look great.
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
fierosound, what is the name of the image in the top right hand corner? I've managed to find all the other ones on your desktop.. except the the (IMHO) coolest one.

if you could send the URL of that photo, or even better, email me the original pic (if you stil have it) I'd really appreciate it!
thanks!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock