Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone here ex military or in it right now? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone here ex military or in it right now? by Roy
Started on: 01-22-2000 07:38 AM
Replies: 48
Last post by: lennyb4 on 02-03-2000 11:02 AM
cobra427

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cobra427Send a Private Message to cobra427Direct Link to This Post
USAF 1964-1968 U-tapao,Tailand 1968 Home of the B-52 Loaded more 500#&750# bombs than I care to count.
To all future inlistees........
A good website you may want to look over before you make that final decision to inlist in the service of your choice. Go to www.gulfwarvets.com/ and look at vaccines.
It will deal with the Anthrax issues. Please read.May save you a lot of grief.

[This message has been edited by cobra427 (edited 02-04-2000).]

IP: Logged
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I had a 23 ft Seacraft w 200 Merc got 2.5 mpg In Nam I was signal in Dong Ha about 6mi. south of the DMZ attached to 108 Artillery and 1/5 Red Devils(69-70). Couple of times felt like 11B
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with 11Bravo? EVERYONE in the Army is considered one even if you don't attend the correct AIT. I went to ground pounder school on a dare. Wish I hadn't once I got there. Very boring after Basic. Supposedly there is no more official 11B school. It's all part of Basic now, I guess.
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
To all of you guys who answered the call when your country asked during whatever war you were in:

Those who don't appreciate what you did are not in the majority, but they are entitled to their opinions because of the efforts you and your predecessors put forth.

I thank you, at the very least, and hope you consider those of us that have been lucky not to have fired a shot in anger to be serving a purpose. Deterrence works, too. The service in general has changed a lot since the 60's and 70's.

ITA_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITA_FIEROSend a Private Message to ITA_FIERODirect Link to This Post
11B SUCKS! But I sure did volunteer for it! Yep, a college grad with high ASVAB scores and I volunteered for 11B! The recruiters wanted to have me submitted for additional drug testing. My view was, if I'm gonna serve to honor my country and the people in my family who died in wars(6 between 1940-1969), I was going to be willing to fight to do it and not hide behind some pansy a#$ computer translating Mandarine Chinese. Now I realize I was not very bright back then (and it's only gotten worse!) Monkeyman, you are right that 11B has no AIT. It is now what they call OSUT (One Station Unit Training) and it's not a pleasant experience. But I did at least get an all expenses paid trip to Panama!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
OSUT--That's what it is. I just couldn't rememememememember.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I fought in the battle of boredom for a year in Iceland back in 1978-79. Actually, our detachment of F-4 fighters scrambled at least twice a week to intercept Russian "Bear" bombers that routinely violated Icelandic airspace. Our pilots went up against the Soviets with armed missiles. It's a wonder there was never an international "incident" during all these "games" that the U.S. and the Russians played with each other. Guano happened all the time that civilans back home never heard about. Worse stuff going on over in Korea even today.

Although I missed going to 'Nam by a couple years, I know a few folks that came back from there in boxes, including Kermit Peterson, my next door neighbor who was like a big brother to me as I was growing up (may he rest in peace). He paid the ultimate price and I can't help but get a tear in my eye everytime I remember him and all the other poor bastards that were killed by a political conflict that we had no business being in or were even allowed to try and win.

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Well said!
lennyb4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lennyb4Send a Private Message to lennyb4Direct Link to This Post
Spent a 4 year tour of duty (including desert storm)in the 101st air-borne division. If anyone is thinking about going in i say do it. Learned alot from my experiance in the military.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock