Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  30th Anniversary Autocross Event - Official Thread (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
30th Anniversary Autocross Event - Official Thread by R Runner
Started on: 05-05-2013 01:16 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: zmcdonal on 06-14-2013 10:25 PM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Everyone..... The option to register for the Autocross is now OPEN!

http://www.fiero30th.com/index.php?menu=regi1
IP: Logged
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I have updated the first post of the thread.

So.... Who's in?

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Am I the only one excited about this?!?!
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3679 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Bump
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I registered for it
I am really excited to see how my car does with me behind the wheel! I have a all stock 86 except the DOHC engine. It will give me a decent baseline to see how much I will have to change it.
I have a plethora of parts laying in my garage waiting to install.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 06-01-2013).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I am in.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Great!

Who else is in?
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
I am and so is my husband so that is 2 more prepaid.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic. Thank you.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I updated the first post.....
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Everyone.....

There is ONE WEEK LEFT for pre-registration on line!

I know this is going to be a lot of fun. Again, as performance events go, there is very little chance of car damage. It is like spirited driving on the street BUT NO POLICE!

Totally legal and much safer.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I am now per-registered.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Everyone.....

Unfortunately, due to low participation, we will not be able to hold the Autocross event. I want to thank everyone who signed up and I'm sorry we could not make this happen for the few who were excited about it.

There will be a full refund.

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Any chance the people who registered could pay double and get this to work out?

Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
If there is a chance it can still happen keep my 2 payments and give it back when you are sure it will not happen. Too bad I was going to try the autocross for the first time.
I guess I will just do the Indy track and go-cart night.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Unfortunately, the reality of cancelling the event is the minimal pre-registration for the event. The decision needed to be made today as the cancellation policy of the contract is tomorrow. As of 8pm this evening, there were only 8 registrations for the event. This number included 4 that are people who are organizers of the event. So, that means only 4 people attending the 30th event as participants wanted to go to the autocross. The financial obligation for the event was $2100.00. With only 8 registrations confirmed at the last day to be able to cancel the contract without obligation to us, the tough decision was made in the best interest of the overall event. The total cost of $2100.00 would have needed 53 cars at $40 each to break even. Unfortunately the numbers are no where near the ball park of financially making this event work. About the only way to make this work would be for someone to donate or sponsor the event to make up for the shortfall.

I am definitely disappointed in missing out on this event as it is one that I greatly enjoy. On the bright side of it all, those who really want to go Autocross their car can join in on any SCCA Autocross in your hometown.

For those who have registered and payed the $40, we will provide a full refund for the Autocross when you come to the registration table at the event.

Fred
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Again, sorry everyone. I too was looking forward to this event and watching others enjoy and learn about their cars.

On the bright side, there is Go Karting event Thursday evening. We can practice some the same skills there and even have some friendly competition.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
I guess the bright side of the event being canceled is I do not have to find room for the helmet in my Fiero.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad that is getting canceled, I had not preregistered because I was still on the fence about participating and did not know if I would have my suspension up to snuff in time, but I was looking forward to at least watching.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock