Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Request For Help For One Of Our Own (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Request For Help For One Of Our Own by fierofool
Started on: 02-26-2013 09:55 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: fierofool on 06-20-2013 09:23 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Thanks RCR and Archie. We're just $400 short of our goal as of this morning. I don't know if that was before or after your donations. Whether we reach or goal or not, Georgia Fieros, Inc. will top it off a little more.

While we have publicly thanked everyone who's posted here with a donation, let me say that there are many who have not made themselves known. We respect their privacy and will not disclose those persons. We wholeheartedly thank them just as much.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Nope! But we're getting close.
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryDirect Link to This Post
Bump like my sub!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
We are still short of our goal, but we are closing the donation link on Friday March 8 at Midnight. We must start making final arrangements for reservations and we feel we can't wait any longer.

Thank all of you who have helped to make this possible. We realize that so many of you don't know Don Hulse, and that's what makes it so much more special. That's also what makes Fiero people so special.

Again, a very grateful THANK YOU.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
$400 has been paid to account from the harness auction. Dan
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

$400 has been paid to account from the harness auction. Dan

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Mission complete!!!!!! Thats how Fiero Folks do it!!!!!!!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Wow!

Y'all ROCK!

Thanks.
2Fast2Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast2FieroSend a Private Message to 2Fast2FieroDirect Link to This Post
I would like to say thank you fiero flyer for the harness! Don thanks for all you have done for the fiero community and i will keep you in my prayers.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
A big thanks to all who gave!
The donation link is now closed.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
You've made our goal. Actually, you have exceeded it. Georgia Fieros, Inc. still plans to make it's intended donation so it's Off to Indy for the Hulses. The amount donated through paypal has gone beyond our expected needs. As of yet, I don't know what amount may have been donated via mail.

Thank you one and all for making this possible for Don and his wife. Be sure to look him up and shake his hand for what he's done for Fieros. He'll probably be the guy with the biggest smile.

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Post Script: Another example of why we did what we did.

Yesterday at the monthly Georgia Fieros club meeting, ggfoster of this and the Georgia Fieros forum arrived at his first meeting, albeit a little late. The reason is that a few miles away, he heard a very loud pop and the newly acquired 87 coupe began to get very difficult to handle and developed a loud scraping/grinding noise.

As he progressed toward the meeting, he then began to overheat. He managed to roll it into the parking lot at the restaurant and parked it in the back of the lot. After the meeting, Aerodonamic Don Hulse went out to take a peek, along with TNTCary, CowsPatoot, WhiteAndNerdy27, Raydar, Donster, TopNotch, and just about everyone who was there.

Don got right into it, jacking up the car and found the left front wheel bearing had failed. How ggfoster ever drove it any distance, we don't know. While TNTCary shuttled water from the restaurant to the car's engine, Don removed the wheel, CowsPatoot and ggfoster took off to secure bearings, seals, grease, and a host of other needs while Don Hulse cleaned up the carnage and further assessed the situation.

Once all parts had been secured, Don put the bearings in, reinstalled the hub and had the car operational. BTW, no auto parts stores including NAPA had a grease seal for the front hub, so the car had to be driven without it, but GGFoster made it home safely.

It can't be said enough---Thank you, each and every one, for making this trip possible for Don.

------------------
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Damn... Who's that old guy on the ground with Don?
tntcary

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Damn... Who's that old guy on the ground with Don?

IDK, he sure does look old tho. I hope he can get up from there. Baahahahaha. Not old til you are 90. I had the easy job fixing his cooling fan botched hotwire job and walking with him to AutoZone. I stayed clean, unlike yall.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Here's an update on the donations. In just 2 weeks, you people came through with unexpected results. I actually think the PayPal link was only open for a week but $1770 in donations were made to the PayPal account. $500 was made directly to the bank, totaling $2270. Round trip plane tickets were provided separately.

All we can say is THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Looking forward to meeting the Hulses. Have a good trip. See you there.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
All of you who donated and even those who didn't, please try to make an effort to meet Don. He will probably be wearing a light blue cap with the Georgia Fiero Club logo on it and hanging around his Jaguar Racing Green 86SE. He's one of the nicest persons you'd ever want to meet. You will forever remember the experience.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock