Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What happened to Fast Fieros of Dallas? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What happened to Fast Fieros of Dallas? by 85fierogtmaster
Started on: 02-21-2013 01:59 PM
Replies: 83
Last post by: Tony Kania on 02-28-2013 11:37 AM
85fierogtmaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierogtmasterClick Here to visit 85fierogtmaster's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85fierogtmasterDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying to contact them but can't seem to and their website says under new ownership.?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

LOL,...uh,..i think somebody else better take this one.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
The owner was/is a crook screwed people out of money. He took payments in lump sums and the customers vehicles, never finished them and let them sit for years on end damaging the cars in the Texas climate.

Don't give him, or the supposed new owner any money.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fierogtmaster:

I've been trying to contact them but can't seem to and their website says under new ownership.?????

What do you need? Most everything FF was offering you probably can get it here on the forum from a reputable vendor.

You probably can even get a 3800SC installed from a "local shop" if you collect ALL the bolt on components.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
Someone has made some recent changes to Lloyd's old site and it does state under new ownership...this should be interesting to watch unfold!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:
You probably can even get a 3800SC installed from a "local shop" if you collect ALL the bolt on components.

Given mpgithe's experience with local shops down there, I'd be hesitant to suggest that.

Maybe he could get MstngsBware to do a swap, if he wants to haul to DFW area to have it done, or to somewhere else, like bmwguru up in NJ.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
DO NOT just bring it to a shop with all the bolt on parts...they will screw it up...just search for dfw nightmare on here to see my pains.

It depends how soon he is looking to have it completed...I know Stephen is pretty booked...but he could only say for sure.

But he is the best resource in the DFW area for the swap in my opinion.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

or to somewhere else, like bmwguru up in NJ.

I'd love to, but I was burned out about a year ago...I need some serious R&R.....like building my own car

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:[color=#000000][/color]

DO NOT just bring it to a shop with all the bolt on parts...they will screw it up...just search for dfw nightmare on here to see my pains.

It depends how soon he is looking to have it completed...I know Stephen is pretty booked...but he could only say for sure.

But he is the best resource in the DFW area for the swap in my opinion.

True, Stephen is the best in Texas but he has his LS4 swap to finish....

Again this is NOT rocket science with ALL the correct pre-made swap parts and a swap guide (PFF)a 16 year old kid in his dad's garage can do it. (has done it...LOL)

So why couldn't a "QUALIFIED" mechanic do it? They can with all the BOLT on swap parts. You can't just drop the swap off to someone and expect them to know what to do.

There are many custom parts needed to make the swap work or you can easily buy them off the shelf.

The ones who fail usually try to fabricate something custom (harness, mounts, PCM, etc )and don't know or are too cocky to follow what works and has already been done 100+ times already.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Maybe he could get MstngsBware to do a swap, if he wants to haul to DFW area to have it done, or to somewherem else, like bmwguru up in .

Steven (MstngsBware) is very trust worthy. He will bend over backwards for you if you want it.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

So why couldn't a "QUALIFIED" mechanic do it? They can with all the BOLT on swap parts. You can't just drop the swap off to someone and expect them to know what to do.

The same reason they can't figure out how to disengage the parking brake when I take my car in to get the annual state required safety inspection?

Just because mechanics are mechanically inclined doesn't mean they don't get tripped up every once in a while. There are also plenty of kids who buy "JDM" engines off eBay to swap into their Civics, and have no idea what they're doing or asking to have done, that just drop them off at mechanics who don't really know what to do either. A lot of mechanics just get burned out with people asking to do engine swaps that aren't direct replacements. Not to mention the lack of knowledge in general about Fieros in standard mechanic shops around the country. Maybe they could do the swap and get it running, and maybe it'll have crushed coolant tubes when it's done, too.

Best bet is to find someone who knows what they're doing with Fieros and engine swaps, to do it. And to have some idea of what you're asking to have done, before taking the car anywhere.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
This should be a sticky.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

The same reason they can't figure out how to disengage the parking brake when I take my car in to get the annual state required safety inspection?

Best bet is to find someone who knows what they're doing with Fieros and engine swaps, to do it. And to have some idea of what you're asking to have done, before taking the car anywhere.

True, but people who know how to work on Fiero's are NOT plentiful. Some of the one who know what their doing charge mega $$$K for a swap or have a year waiting list.

So to get a reasonable price and a reasonable time frame you really don't have much of a choice.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, if Mstangs can't get you in, it would be a good idea to either try yourself or see if one of the other more reputable shops in other parts of the country could do it. I wonder if Mstangs knows anything about the FF "new ownership".

EDIT, it doesn't say anything about new ownership on their home page.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-21-2013).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

True, but people who know how to work on Fiero's are NOT plentiful. Some of the one who know what their doing charge mega $$$K for a swap or have a year waiting list.

So to get a reasonable price and a reasonable time frame you really don't have much of a choice.

Right. Though just purchasing some of the necessary parts can also be a chore with the people offering them being back logged, unresponsive, or just disappeared, at this point, as well.

Is there a vendor known to have stock ready to sell that is responsive right now? I've seen plenty of "where are my parts" threads come up in recent past, with people trying to get 3800 swap parts.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Right. Though just purchasing some of the necessary parts can also be a chore with the people offering them being back logged, unresponsive, or just disappeared, at this point, as well.

Is there a vendor known to have stock ready to sell that is responsive right now? I've seen plenty of "where are my parts" threads come up in recent past, with people trying to get 3800 swap parts.

VERY true. Also, from experience, you could probably buy a swapped car for less than it would cost to have the swap done. Just a thought.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
I'll swap my setup into your car for 13k

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Funny how everyone assumes the OP wants a swap done! Maybe the OP is trying to find out if FF still has his car that he left there 5 years ago?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Funny how everyone assumes the OP wants a swap done! Maybe the OP is trying to find out if FF still has his car that he left there 5 years ago?

You have a point... for their sake I'm hoping that isn't the case.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
This is a partial snap shot from Fast Fieros of Dallas contact me page:

PFF
System Bot
85fierogtmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierogtmasterClick Here to visit 85fierogtmaster's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85fierogtmasterDirect Link to This Post
OH ok well that answers that. i'm looking to buy a full engine kit upgrade 3800 s/c everything from brackets to tuning and i moved here recently and now have a tiny garage with stinks. I do have the abilitly to do it just not the space right now..... so they r defiantly out lol thanks everybody any idea who could help me out?
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Still owned by Loyde:

Registration Service Provided By: Domain Registry of America
Web:http://www.droa.com

Domain name: fastfieros.com

Registrant Contact:

Administrative Contact:

Technical Contact:

Update date: 2010-03-15
Expiration date: 2013-05-08

[Edited by C. Pennock: Personal Information removed]
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
You would think that the CROOK would at least change the name. I guess that you really can't fix stupid.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

OH ok well that answers that. i'm looking to buy a full engine kit upgrade 3800 s/c everything from brackets to tuning and i moved here recently and now have a tiny garage with stinks. I do have the abilitly to do it just not the space right now..... so they r defiantly out lol thanks everybody any idea who could help me out?

First you need to collect ALL the conversion parts, that can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

Then you need to work out most of the details of HOW to do the install before the install (pictures, spreadsheets, etc).

Finally set up everything on a spare cradle ready for install before you drop/take out old engine.

Then ANY "QUALIFIED" shop/mechanic can finish the install as it is MOSTLY plug and play at this point.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

Still owned by Loyde:

Registration Service Provided By: Domain Registry of America
Web:http://www.droa.com

Domain name: fastfieros.com

Registrant Contact:

Administrative Contact:

Technical Contact:

Update date: 2010-03-15
Expiration date: 2013-05-08

Did he move to New York, or is that a company he registered through? Man I hope this isn't another bad vendor trying to slip back into the community on or off the forum,

[Edited by C. Pennock: Personal Information removed]
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Sure, but it is a long process as you can't get ALL the conversion parts in two weeks. There are many vendors who have some of the parts and you usually can't get all the parts from just one.

Hell, I could be the middle man and get all the parts for you for a fee for a true bolt on kit. .

I'm NOT just talking out my AZZ either as I couldn't get the best installer in Texas so I have to go to several local shops for my swapped car.

Muffler shops, Trans shops, General shops, Brake shops. You gotta shop around and get a good feel for the person working on your car.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Did he move to New York, or is that a company he registered through? Man I hope this isn't another bad vendor trying to slip back into the community on or off the forum,

It looks like its a company that registers on your behalf, and blocks your real address, phone, etc..
85fierogtmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierogtmasterClick Here to visit 85fierogtmaster's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85fierogtmasterDirect Link to This Post
I am a qualified performance mechanic so I can just do the whole thing ... i guess its time to clean out the garage lol
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

I am a qualified performance mechanic so I can just do the whole thing ... i guess its time to clean out the garage lol

Interesting..... Do you know how to tune? When I finally beat out the crappy NJ weather and get my car, I'll be happy to let you look it over if you want to see an example.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

This IS the best option. I would recommend getting most of the conversion parts from established forum vendors and make a build thread so the
veterans can point you in the right direction. The more bolt on parts you get the easier the build. The conversion has been done many many times before
and besides a 3.4 pushrod it is the easiest conversion and highest performing swap out there.
PFF
System Bot
85fierogtmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierogtmasterClick Here to visit 85fierogtmaster's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85fierogtmasterDirect Link to This Post
I know a little enough to edit a tune but nothing i would feel comfortable doing on someone elses ride just yet i don't have any software tho lol... but picking right parts, fabricating (once i get a better welding), install is not a problem. lol
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Interesting..... Do you know how to tune? When I finally beat out the crappy NJ weather and get my car, I'll be happy to let you look it over if you want to see an example.

There are a lot of tuners out there but its gona cost ~$350. I bet your tune is pretty good already and won't need to be changed unless you are going to the track.

But again you can do it....Hell, I learned as I was green as the Hulk when I started.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely nothing against you bad azzed Texans, but East Coasters won't be so kind to him after a ripoff.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

There are a lot of tuners out there but its gona cost ~$350. I bet your tune is pretty good already and won't need to be changed unless you are going to the track.

But again you can do it....Hell, I learned as I was green as the Hulk when I started.

Tuned in 40 - 50 degree weather and with a somewhat anemic fuel pump. I'm going to have the pump changed out and have another tune created for Houston summers. I also want it dyno tuned to get it as efficient as possible. Either way I have HP Tuners and will be able to work with whoever is involved. I'm also on the lookout for someone who will help me maintain the car locally in case Mstangs is too busy or I don't have the time to get it to him.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Tuned in 40 - 50 degree weather and with a somewhat anemic fuel pump. I'm going to have the pump changed out and have another tune created for Houston summers. I also want it dyno tuned to get it as efficient as possible. Either way I have HP Tuners and will be able to work with whoever is involved. I'm also on the lookout for someone who will help me maintain the car locally in case Mstangs is too busy or I don't have the time to get it to him.

The pump should make NO difference in the tune as the fuel pressure reg should keep it the same, Unless the pump couldn't keep up in higher RPM's and it was leaning out the AFR.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

I'd love to, but I was burned out about a year ago...I need some serious R&R.....like building my own car

Dave

What this man said...I burnt myself out on swaps and it sucks cause I loved the finished product that I produced. But like Guru said u never get to work on ur own cars which tends to suck.

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Not to derail this thread, but your fuel pump was fine on 14psi. On 16.5psi, it started to give up, but it never got anywhere near dangerous. You won't need to adjust your tune when changing the pump. When you come up to test drive your car, I will show you some basics on the HP Tuners to adjust your tune for the temperature difference. I'll load my configuration setup for your car on your laptop so you can datalog and make sure it is right (I ran the wideband through the EGR 0-5v for datalogging).

As for Loyde, he is a real piece of crap. He ripped off my tech years ago, but in turn that was how I met Ryan. He came to me for a harness that Loyde never completed and I liked his fabrication skills. If he is saying he is back in business, then he is going to rip more people off. I'd say 75% of my swaps I completed were people not on this forum. Anyone who is none the wiser and has Google will be a potential victim. He needs to be stopped.

Dave
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Not to derail this thread, but your fuel pump was fine on 14psi. On 16.5psi, it started to give up, but it never got anywhere near dangerous. You won't need to adjust your tune when changing the pump. When you come up to test drive your car, I will show you some basics on the HP Tuners to adjust your tune for the temperature difference. I'll load my configuration setup for your car on your laptop so you can datalog and make sure it is right (I ran the wideband through the EGR 0-5v for datalogging).

As for Loyde, he is a real piece of crap. He ripped off my tech years ago, but in turn that was how I met Ryan. He came to me for a harness that Loyde never completed and I liked his fabrication skills. If he is saying he is back in business, then he is going to rip more people off. I'd say 75% of my swaps I completed were people not on this forum. Anyone who is none the wiser and has Google will be a potential victim. He needs to be stopped.

Dave

Cool, just want to have my bases covered. So, I should be thanking Loyde for my headers since Ryan fabbed them, and you only met Ryan because Loyde ripped him off? Kind of weird to think of it that way.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Cool, just want to have my bases covered. So, I should be thanking Loyde for my headers since Ryan fabbed them, and you only met Ryan because Loyde ripped him off? Kind of weird to think of it that way.

It is sad to say that FF may be still up to the same tricks as of last year.
I know I directed someone off of motorswap.org to phonedawgs for a harness in October of last year, as he stated that FF had his money and did not send him a harness.

I really don't know what happened to FF as he showed excellent business practices with me.

I never had a problem with him and I guess I was lucky. He was always polite, knowledgeable, had excellent products, and was very helpful. It is such a shame to waste that talent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock