New to me. by bjc 350
Started on: 10-23-2012 01:28 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: mrfiero on 10-25-2012 11:34 PM
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Well, I've been slowly working on an 88 GT with the intent to install a 3.8 sc into it. But I spotted this on Craigs List and it looked too good to be real. So I drove 100 miles to see it and was reasured that a lot of good stuff went into this car. So I drove back today, with money in hand and drove it home in a driving rain storm. A few minor issues, but a build that used all the best stuff. The PO did the paint, and did a nice job. He even did the wiring harness with the help of his 14 year old daughter. He loaded my pickup with spares and a WC Fiero exhaust system which he never installed, because he didn't want the car to be too noisy. I feel like I got a deal. I know it's an 84, but it's really well put together. It was advertized at $4999, I paid somewhat less. Thanks Rich for letting me buy your car.

It was wet when the pictures were taken, but the paint is very nice-Lotus Lazer Blue

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
wow,
the motor swap alone would cost almost twice that....nice!!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Sweet already ahead of the game.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I like it!

I've always thought that spoiler (81 Z28) would look good on a notchie.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
84, eighty shmore....you got a great car!
Ry86GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ry86GTSend a Private Message to Ry86GTDirect Link to This Post
Ya... I'm a little jealous. Nice car!
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
I'm going to add a few more pictures tonight. These are some taken by the previous owner/builder. Very nice work.

ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
I saw this car on Craiglist here locally. I almost went to go look at it out of sheer curiosity. Nicely bought! Now, we'll have to get you out to Northwest Fierofest in August!
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Fiero Fest is a long way from Astoria in the heat of summer. One thing left to do is hook up the air. A few details about the car: 2007 GTP Series III, 6700 miles when installed. About 10,000 , now. 2003 4T65E HD with 1000 miles when installed. ZZP Hi velocity throttle body with ZZP tuned PCM. Install brackets by WC Fiero's, WC headers as well. Custom idler pulley/coil bracket by a machinist neighbor of the builder. NIce piece. All new stock calipers, rotors, master, and booster, New wheel bearings all four wheels. All new suspension, and cradle bushings. Lowered on Eiback 1" front springs, rear stock ride height. New headliner, and visors. Just about anything mechanically old was redone, headlights included. The air was completely gone through before the new motor, but not hooked up after the 3.8 was put in.

There are some issues. The air for one. The corner caps (knee banger's) are in need of caps or a new dash pad. The drivers seat upholstry needs replaced. The cold air induction needs moved out of the engine compartment to the wheel well. The wheels need balanced since some weights are missing. The rear decklid sits high in one corner , so needs realigned. It probably needs rear coilovers which I have. Also could use a rear sway bar. The exhuast is now a stock 4 Cyl. unit because PO wanted it to run quietly. He did include a single inlet,single outlet 3" WC Fiero exhaust system. I will likely install it. I was lucky to get to the PO first. I know the next guy would have likely bought it at such a fair price.
Stickerguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StickerguySend a Private Message to StickerguyDirect Link to This Post
Very nice '84 !!

------------------
'86 SE V6, Silver/ Gray, 4-Speed
'88 Formula, V6, Yellow/ Gray, Auto

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
A similar Kenwood double din unit came in the car I bought this summer.

How do you like that one?
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice! I like it!

I've always thought that spoiler (81 Z28) would look good on a notchie.

I think you meant '91......it does look nice on a Fiero!

I love pictures from the future......could you get me the Powerball numbers for this Saturdays drawing?? Much appreciated.

In all seriousness.....nice looking car. You did well!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock