Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  85gt 3800 series 2 swap (damn mice!!!!) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
85gt 3800 series 2 swap (damn mice!!!!) by 85bluegtma
Started on: 09-17-2012 10:45 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: 85bluegtma on 04-20-2013 06:23 PM
85bluegtma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
ok so i welded in the two pieces on the drivers side frame rail wow my welds are getting better
i still have to prep it some more but at least my welds arent all grapes now.

IP: Logged
mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrDirect Link to This Post
I really appreciate the pictures... They tell alot about your restoration effort.
You certainly have learned welding!

~Zep

[This message has been edited by mwzephyr (edited 10-31-2012).]

85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
i had to put the back of the frame rail in and out about 10 times to tweak it just right but here is some pics just b4 i tacked it in
i should post pics of it welded tonight or tomorrow and ill take a pic of the extra drain holes i made. I will let u know in 20 yrs if it helps it keep from rotting out in the same frame rail above tire.

here is a pic from inside the trunk

here is a pic of the new piece inbetween strut top mount and top frame rail

here is a pic of some nasty that i gotta do too

85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
ok so i welded the top part on the outside of the strut tower the inside of the frame rail in the fender well and the bottom of the inside part of the trunk..... dammit i ran out of welding rod oh well gotta get some more so i can weld inside the trunk

85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
yay i bought 2 new rear rodney dickman ball joints from a member on here for 47 bucks so it was 49 with money order and certified mail just waiting for them to come in now.
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
ok i got some more welding rod opend up my tanks and wtf.... out of oxy.... so i gotta get some oxy on monday.... note to self when getting welding supplys check to see if tanks are empty
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
lol i walked by the front of my car and i almost couldnt recognize it..... damn i have fiero parts everywhere they are outside, inside, in the basement,

85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
Due to marital bliss I am not currently at the house hopefully things will b back to normal soon just giving a bump so it doesn't get archived
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
Bump
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
how long do i have between posts b4 it gets archived?
hopefully should be back in the house soon we are doing things together without yelling so thats a plus
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85bluegtma:

how long do i have between posts b4 it gets archived?

PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck with both the car and the marital problems, fixed up a few rusty Fieros over the years because I just could not bring myself to scrap them and would not hesitate to fix another as for marital bliss I really can not handle the thoughts of that again and would rather work on a Fiero. Dan
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I know it was a way back, but for the GT quarter windows, now that you've removed the insert, I'd suggest getting a pair of Paul McKibben's GT inserts. I've had 2 sets and they look like factory originals. www.fierosails.com

Great work on the rest of the chassis. Reminiscent of Kathryn's 86SE.
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Best of luck with both the car and the marital problems, fixed up a few rusty Fieros over the years because I just could not bring myself to scrap them and would not hesitate to fix another as for marital bliss I really can not handle the thoughts of that again and would rather work on a Fiero. Dan

Thanks
Ya I lived in this fiero in my 20, s
So scraping it issnt an option
As for fixing it I like it a lot dont know what im doing but learning as I go
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post

85bluegtma

151 posts
Member since Sep 2012

Originally posted by fierofool:

I know it was a way back, but for the GT quarter windows, now that you've removed the insert, I'd suggest getting a pair of Paul McKibben's GT inserts. I've had 2 sets and they look like factory originals. www.fierosails.com

Great work on the rest of the chassis. Reminiscent of Kathryn's 86SE.

Is mckibbens the same as the fiero sails site

85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post

85bluegtma

151 posts
Member since Sep 2012
Any body have a passenger side front a arm for sale mine is all bent
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85bluegtma:

Any body have a passenger side front a arm for sale mine is all bent

Anyone
85bluegtma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85bluegtmaSend a Private Message to 85bluegtmaDirect Link to This Post
yay im back in the house with my fiero....
hopefully get to make some pieces this weekend and start posting pics again.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock