Started on: 08-15-2012 04:05 PM
Replies: 63
Last post by: R Runner on 04-24-2013 04:40 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
There is no dignity for a fat man when he gets into or out of the Fiero....

I am a Fat Man...

I open the door, step up to the opening and turn 90 degrees left (so my butt faces the car). I then begin the laborious process of falling down backward as I instinctively tuck my head to begin the "Tuck and roll" maneuver.

Once my backside has made contact with the seat after squeezing between the bolster and the steering wheel, if my head has not made contact with the roof of the car, I then begin the rotation process.

I pivot my body, lift the legs, and rotate the legs into place... I then buckle, and shut the door..

Takes about 1.5 seconds to get into the car.
IP: Logged
Fiero42

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
I wish it looked something like this:

I will have to try the butt first/swivel entry to save wear on the edge of the seat. Great idea guys!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
No problem. After I purchased my car.....I never got out.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

DonP

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPDirect Link to This Post
I am 6'2" and 235 lbs so entry sometimes is awkward. Typically, I step over the roll-bar with my right leg, foot on floor in front of seat. I bend forward and push my head and upper torso past the center console and then drag my left leg in. Once I place the left leg forward, I can drop into the seat.
[img]

But that's just me.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone..
ever since I had a spinal tap (they tried 11 times and still got nothing), I get shooting pain at the worst times..
the doctors say they don't know how I function, with all the arthritis in my back/hips/knees/elbows,etc etc etc.
so any ideas will help..
my stockcar was easier to crawl into
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

My lowered choptop takes a bit of contortion, I ass up to the seat then bend down and crouch I have to make sure I have my head bent down or whack! then i just fall into the seat and swing in overall sounds worse than it is I just kinda plop right in no biggie! It's harder getting in my durango I think

I can't remember how I got into your car, I just remember that your car is the only car EVER that I actually had to get back out and attempt a different method because my body doesn't bend that way. I love it
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
head first, i do lean on the consol , twist body and sit. to get out i do left leg, right leg and lift my ass out of the seat. i am 5'-8", 235. i have a harder time getting in my wifes 2009 honda civic. i do get in my car slowley, i have had 6 back surgerys.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im 6' too. I just stand by the car and sit on the seat and swing both legs in. No problem at all. C4 Corvettes are the worse to get into. Getting out, i just open the door, swing my feet out and stand up.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

C4 Corvettes are the worse to get into.

Exactly! That high side sill on the Corvette makes all the difference. The Fiero's entry is spacious in comparison.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Roger, how could you?.............keeping it simple and making sense................whatsamattaforu?

HAGO!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes thats an advantage. Every girl I ever took out that wore a skirt gave everyone a free shot...no way they cant. Britney even did it and paparazzi got shots.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I put my right foot in, leaning twards the door while backing into the seat, a hand on the door and most weight on my left foot on the ground and sit in, bring my other leg in, then use my arms to lift myself up and reposition, so i don't twist on the seat and mess up the cloth.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post
Just don't push on the steering wheel to help you get out...I busted the tilt steering that way.
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
im about 6 foot. i kinda just fall into the seat. i normally stick my right foot in while i stick my butt down onto the seat. when getting out i stick my left leg out and push my self out with my left leg.

i always tell people you fall into my car and have to climb out to get out.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes thats an advantage. Every girl I ever took out that wore a skirt gave everyone a free shot...no way they cant. .

Exactly why the Fiero makes a great date car! So many thought I was being a gentleman by opening their door for them, then they caught on.... LOL

------------------
Whodeanie built 1988 Fiero GT, loaded, 14k original miles, F23, built L67 swap, ST2 cam and matching valvetrain, PT67 bb turbo, w2a charge-cooled ----400-500whp?????? More mods when I get it back (interior, suspension, lighting etc). Stay tuned!
1987 Fiero GT Road Racer. 1st documented 3.4TDC swap- built in 1994. 5MT Isuzu, Quaife prototype LSD, HT Tubular A-arms, Fully poly & Heim jointed suspension, Custom 3 way adjustible sway bars, HT Bump Steer kit, Koin's, 320# springs, GA brakes, ZEX N20 and more! Under full restoration.
2007 Toyota Tacoma Double cab Prerunner SR5 Stock, and staying that way.
2009 KTM 250SX motocross bike. Modded and fun as hell!
2013 Can-Am Commander 1000 XT For the redneck in all of us! SideXSide's are sooooo fun!

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

FearArrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FearArrowSend a Private Message to FearArrowDirect Link to This Post
Hilarious topic thank you for starting it

I'm 6'-4" and weight 240lbs I'm not fat I'm big boned(in my best cartman voice)
I don't have a problem getting into the car, but getting out is trouble
I just got my fiero and in past vehicles I have put my left hand on the roof and used it to pull myself out of cars, but I'm afraid to do that on my t-top. Now I seem to have formed an awkward stumbling method of exiting the car.

------------------
1997 Grand Prix GTP-(totaled)
1993 Firebird Formula-(Sold)
2006 Grand Prix GT-(Sold)
1988 Fiero Formula 5spd T-tops - Current Ride

Its better to burn out then fade away (but you go through more tires)

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes thats an advantage. Every girl I ever took out that wore a skirt gave everyone a free shot...no way they cant. Britney even did it and paparazzi got shots.

That's because they don't know how to do it properly! Trick is to keep your knees together. As others have said, and I have also said, you sit your butt down into the seat by backing into the seat from the outside, (90 degree angle) at this point a girls knees should still be together... then swing both legs into the car pivoting on the seat bottom... knees still together... no free pantie shots... sorry guys... If they are doing it any other way, then they are intending to flash their panties!!!

------------------

Scribbles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScribblesSend a Private Message to ScribblesDirect Link to This Post
I know this is an older thread to be posting in but its the closest to the information I was looking for so far. My Dad asked me what height the seats are in a fiero while sitting in them, meaning the height from where your hind end is on the seat to the ground under the car. I think he still has nightmares about getting in and out of the saab sonett I had. I don't have a Fiero in front of me to measure, anyone got a measurement?
mferrell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mferrellSend a Private Message to mferrellDirect Link to This Post
First thank you for resurrecting an old thread that I haven't seen before. I have spent the last 20 minutes annoying the crap out of my wife laughing hysterically. After that I went out and measured for you. To the lowest part of the seat bottom which is in the back of the seat is 10 inches in my stock 84 se.
BTW I am 6'4" and 300 lbs and I use the butt first method. My only variance from it is in getting back out I twist out with my legs and put my left elbow on the door post and my right elbow on the windshield frame and in one motion stand up.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watc...ilpage&v=MXyrr6OWd3Y video of a guy struggling to get out of a lambo. I sat in a countach once. My head was right against the door. I don't know how a race driver could wear a helmet.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 04-21-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Video of a guy struggling to get out of a lambo.

Looks like the most strenuous workout that guy's ever had.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im not a rocket scientist. I sit on the seat and pull my legs in. Worked just fine in every car ive had. C4 Corvettes are the worse cars to get in and out of..the door sill is like 2 feet high. Im 6 foot. Even worked in my GT40 kit. Seat bottom was 3" off the ground, roof was 3 feet.
dinocaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dinocaprioSend a Private Message to dinocaprioDirect Link to This Post
I'm a big guy I kinda dive in head 1st. I had more than a few guys at work hang around just to see me get in the car. There always surprised to see how easy I get in and out.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I have far and away the worst entry and exit from a Fiero... ever. it is comedic tragedy... but when you've had 5 knee surgeries (3 in one, 2 in the other...) and severe arthritis and limited range of motion... and your Fiero is your daily driver... well you figure it out. Ugly or not, it is the only way it works for me.

Entry:
facing the open door...
bend forward and down at the hips (remember... my knees cant bend worth a damn)
lower your head and move forward until your shoulders have started to clear the door frame (your head is almost grazing the headliner)
hand on the center console for support, roll with your body into the seat swinging your right leg into the car.
then swing left leg into car...
It's ugly, but you try to get into a lowered Fiero without bending your knees more than 40 degrees.

Exit... even uglier:
swing left leg out
planting the left foot and leaning hard on the center console, fold at the hips and back out of the car.
yes your butt is way up in the air, and people are looking at you with the same look given to my nephew with Downs Syndrome... but you are out.
for fun... you try to exit a lowered Fiero without bending your knees hardly.

I have gotten in 3 choptops... the GBCT, Jscott's, and F355's... I barely got out of any of them with my life.

Sorry to hear about all of your knee pain!

I can't imagine what it would be like for you to get in and out of the IMSA.....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock