Started on: 06-20-2012 05:03 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: weloveour86se on 11-24-2012 10:44 AM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
hey... its been a while... I was wondering if insurance settled with you, final outcome... you going to be able to repair the car?
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Any news ??
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
This is why you never use multi car haulers! The little saving you get is not worth it
How much did they charge you? What is the distance between your place and where you bought it from?
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the long delay since the last update. Not a whole lot happened during the rest of summer and now with teaching starting again I just haven't had any time. Anyway a lot has happened since I last posted.

The original carrier was unable to complete the delivery of the vehicle, which delayed its arrival. Which actually worked to my advantage because the insurance company actually paid for the entire delivery of the car except my broker fee. So I only spent $225 having the car shipped from Alabama to Maine. I finally took possession of the car around the middle of July. Here she is after I received her in Scarborough Maine. She actually looks just fine from this angle, but there is actually damage in some form or another to just about every body panel. My local body shop did a AAA tow for me. Don't worry I'm not driving and taking a pic at the same time.

The insurance company did determine that the car is repairable and estimated just over 3,000 for repairs. This is still subject to further negotiations between my body shop and the insurance company. The car appears to have suffered no mechanical problems and did not lose any fluids. The fluid on the car in the earlier pics was from one of the cars above mine. Because the car would need to be re-painted in its entirety I decided to go with a new color as well, she will be corvette torch red. I also found a decent deal on a set of lambo hinges for the car too, so with the money that I saved on the delivery of the car and with the amount of body work she's already going through I figure this would be a good time if ever.
These are the few in progress pics I have

The last pic is of the decklid, sorry its mostly under a blanket, but it shows the car's new color.

The car is fully painted and repaired as of now, but I do not have any pics to share at the moment. I'm a teacher down in NY and the car is at my summer place up in Maine. My parents are heading back up there next week so i should have some whole car pics to post fully painted.

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see it all red. I will miss the old paint but I am glad it survived.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
This is awesome news.

Like the choice of color, because that is exactly what i was planning on also.

Did you get in on the v8 archie lambo hinge buy ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-29-2012).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
That appears to be a super nice antenna mod. Does it go up and under the A pillar? I've seen some hidden in the front fender, but never done like that.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

That appears to be a super nice antenna mod. Does it go up and under the A pillar? I've seen some hidden in the front fender, but never done like that.

Yes it does. I thought I showed how I did it somewhere?? I remember sending someone pictures of it years ago just forgot who.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Nice color change (not that there's nothing wrong with silver for I have both colors) and going with the VDC kit. The chop top and VDC kit works well with each other and given that the car is now painted, "Torch Red" this will add the exoticness and overall style and direction of the car. My only suggestion is to get better wheels to match the look of the car. BonSpeed from Whodeanni, IForge, or Forgeline. Theres another member here with 9" in the rear and it's sweet! I'll send you a PM of his car.

Anyway, I hope the best for you and your ride. Enjoy.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
update please...... oh ya with photos
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseDirect Link to This Post
I won't be able to see the car in person until December, but I'm expecting pics today or tomorrow.

She is just about finished now, she's all painted and back together. I'll post pics just as soon as I get them.
PFF
System Bot
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseDirect Link to This Post

Thrillhouse

58 posts
Member since Mar 2012
I just got a few pics in my e-mail. They're a little bit grainy but here she is! Still have to modify and install the quarter windows, but she's just about there.

I have a set of projector headlights for it, some led marker lights, and a few other misc things. Its really unfortunate that this whole situation had to take place, but I am so thankful that the car was able to be repaired and looks like nothing ever even happened.

I was also able to track down a set of choptop window glass too from someone on the forum. My cousin was able to bring them up to Maine from Kentucky when he came to visit this summer. They fortunately arrived safely and are now stored away incase they're needed.

Its very clear that she will need a new set of wheels. I have a set of cavalier Z24 wheels that are currently on my yellow 87 that would look alright, but im thinking something a little bit bigger would be nice. I am on a limited (school teacher's) budget though. Any suggestions?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Looks good Matt, I would say to trade those RPF1s up for 18"s.

Or buy a Y-spoke BBS style wheel, if you can't swing for the BBSes (Around $1500+ new and decent condition used $600+)- HP racing and RPM make knock offs in 5x100. I forgot the HP model, but the RPM 505 is what I'm thinking of.

I've seen the RPMs on a member's car and they looked sweet. Get some lip in that thing

http://www.wheelfire.com/sc...-v7bICFQSe4AodMmEABQ

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Any new updates.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
We, my wife and I, met Matt at Cabellas in Scarborough Maine, the day he took shipment of the car. First let me say that Matt is definately gotta be one of the most coolheaded, calm, relaxed and PATIENT people I have ever met! If I didnt see the damage myself you would never believe it by Matts demeanor.

First the father son delivery team, what a crew! This kid was throwing all kinds of crap, incorrect facts about fieros. My wife and I showed up in ours and he still felt obliged to educate us. Then after hooking a battery booster up and getting the car started the kid was gunning and revving as if he was about to do a quarter mile run! If I recall Matt actually called out! Then after getting the car off the trailer and more misguided facts from the kid, some tire kicking and the delivery teams professional asssesment pf the damage, there was a delivery fee mixup. If I recall it was a hefty difference, hundreds. Matt? Whats he do? Calmly pays the goon squad, signs the papers and says, thank you!

Now I dont know about anyone else but me personally, Id be livid. Forget livid, Id be kicking, spitting and screaming mad!

I think Matts a grade school teacher, seems like hes cut out for it. Im very happy to see the progress of the repairs. Matts a great guy and IMO, after all hes endured getting the car deserves a great car. Hopefully we here in Maine will get to see the car soon in person!

Congrats on the progress, looks great!
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

I think Matts a grade school teacher, seems like hes cut out for it. Im very happy to see the progress of the repairs. Matts a great guy and IMO, after all hes endured getting the car deserves a great car. Hopefully we here in Maine will get to see the car soon in person!!

Hes definitely a cool guy, can't wait to see pics with new wheels!!!

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I like the new paint job better than the original paint. Glad to hear it all worked out. I'm curious who the insurance company was? You can PM me with it if you don't want to post it.
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseDirect Link to This Post

Hey Andrew, Good to hear from you again. I'm definitely looking forward to showing the car next summer. I still have yet to drive it or see it fully painted in person but my father tells me its even better looking in person than in the pictures.

I also agree that I'm super cool.
Here are a few more new pics showing the new lambo doors installed and hibernating the long Maine winter with my other yellow GT which unfortunately I'll have to put up for sale soon. (Lack of space)

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseDirect Link to This Post

Thrillhouse

58 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by carnut122:

I like the new paint job better than the original paint. Glad to hear it all worked out. I'm curious who the insurance company was? You can PM me with it if you don't want to post it.

Oh I don't mind posting it. The insurance company was Hanover. They did pay for the entire rebuilding of the car as well as the transportation of the car from Alabama to Maine. Their appraisal of the damage was only a few hundred lower than the actual cost of the repairs. I definitely like the new red better than the silver as well.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Its good to see the lambo hinges worked for you Matt!! A madarch kit would have really made this thing look beastly, still looks nice as hell though! Too bad its not in NY, then I'd request a ride

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Wha.. Lambos? Very nice! I agree, nice paint. Although the previous paint was very cool, I dont think saving it was even possible without tons of work and time.

Whats the color, obviously its red but is it candy? Who did the paint and how was that part of the process? Im in the market for a quality paint job.

Also do you think the transport company could drop my car to?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock