Started on: 09-06-2011 12:19 AM
Replies: 80
Last post by: 355Fiero on 04-13-2012 02:28 PM
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
More on the mounting of the transaxle.

Creating the drop out center section, the flanges are made out of 3/16X2 flat bar.

The receving portions of the mounts are mad of 1/8" flat, There will be gussets under the pad and between the ears.

Joe
IP: Logged
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
I say again-awesome build!!! The T/A frame up is solid, smooth,strong. But--I was expecting a bit more flair from a "Master Metal Worker"!!! Say-- some rolled tube in a circle or two mirror-image halves, mated @ 9&3, just for the pure fun of it. Another one of those-
WOW factors..Not @ all meant as a flame, as I know square & rectangle tube saves time & $$$. Your answers to our ?? are civil and
appreciated. Hellofa build Joe. The owner should be well pleased. Rick
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good Joe!
I have been watching and learning. I have been focusing on my parts round-up, getting close to being done with major components. Do you need me to bring the steering column back down or will we be good without?

Thanks again for all the hours!

Q
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments guys.

More progress tonight, only a couple of pics. Yeah I know, the bench is a disaster.

The completed crossmember.

and a couple of shots w/ it in place. Tomorrow, the engine mounts and then the welding starts, I'm quite sure that a trip to the welding store is going to be in order before I'm done welding.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 10-03-2011).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Finished up the mods to the cradle and got the engine mounts done.

Usually, when I do a stretch, I'll add a part to the frame to move the mount for the cradle back, in this case I needed to stretch the cradle so that I would have a place to add a crosstube for the engine mounts.

Engine mounts ready to weld up.

Let the welding begin.

Joe
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Exceptionally thought out project-hats off to ya Joe. Quinn will get a super frame. Rick
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
Yeah i will, It makes me want to do a crazy fast engine but I will probably just finish with what I have and upgrade the engine later after I know all the bugs have been delt with
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseDirect Link to This Post
Did you folks vanish-sure hope not. Your build is awesome, would like to follow till done. Has your thread been moved-under a new title??
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Excellent job and really enjoying the work you are doing. Thanks,,Rick B
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys, we moved the chassis to its new home and have been busy getting parts. Will have new pics tomorrow.

Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
img]https://images.fiero.nl/2011/DSC00248_(640x480).jpg[/img]

new home

started with the basics, cleaned out tank installed new fuel pump, strainer, all new hoses and filter

new rack and pinion and stabilizer went in a lil later
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011

A big thanks to my Buddy Doug for the use of his shop, we've built many a toy here
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I can't overstate how much I admire your fabrication skills. Very nice, from another lambo replica builder.
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

cleaned up trans and engine and got them ready for paint. Tomorrow is fab up accessory brackets day.

one setp forward two steps back.... rear spoiler is off looks like I get to cut it loose and start over, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

built supports for body as well

reinforced fiberglass... not sure if anyone will be able to tell in pic

Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011

more support, fiberglassed steel supports down both sides

and some random shots. More pics the better
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011

more support, fiberglassed steel supports down both sides

and some random shots. More pics the better
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Lookin' good.

It's nice to see the thread continue.

Joe
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
It's coming along for sure, yesterday I finally got to the accessory brackets so the engine will be going back in soon. I'm planning on turning over the engine around this time next week if all goes to plan.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelDirect Link to This Post
I'm not trying to act like Shuan Hammett and bash V8 Fiero's but I still think you should ditch the V8 and go with a BMW V12.
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
yeah, that's not going to happen.... I'm looking forward to having an engine that is cheap and easy to maintain.
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel:

I'm not trying to act like Shuan Hammett and bash V8 Fiero's but I still think you should ditch the V8 and go with a BMW V12.

Dude, there was barely enough room to get the V-8 in w/out butchering the firewall and killing any seating room.

Joe
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
This a nice project going on. I have been watching from the beginning.
I am in the middle of doing fiberglass work right now on one of my projects.
This will be interesting to watch.
What are your plans for the underside of the body, the hand laid portions?

-Dave
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
good question, Im not sure if I will. As it is we're taking a big risk on the cooling system. Im running two honda civic radiators. One on either side just in front of the rear wheels. We're hoping the channels on either side between the chassis and body will allow enough flow to keep it cool. I will have a ramp on either side as well to pop the air up into the wheel wells. Its looking good on paper
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
to clean up my reply, Im not sure what i will be doing with the underside. I won't be sealing it up because I will be utilizing the air flow. hopefully that makes more sense than my first shot
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
Ah! That is where I was going.
I was wondering if you were planing on smoothing the visible hand laid FRP to help keep it clean and help air flow to the cooling areas.

I am restoring an old Vette and have used a hand laid front clip. I do not have the airflow for cooling issues to deal with, but the FRP is not protected from dirt coming off the tires and road. I have been smoothing it and coating the bare FRP to protect it and make it easier to keep clean.

-Dave
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
hey all, tomorrow is a big day! Got my radiators in so I will mount them and start piping them into one harmonious unit if it doesn't work... im in bad shape but regardless it should look pretty cool.

Got the rear spoiler in the right spot.... finally.

I will have tons of pics tomorrow.

engine and tranny to go in this weekend or early next week. The goal is to have the engine running before Nov 5th
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
got the new radiators in look good, will post pics if it lets me
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011

this should be the top bracket of the radiator, I used 96 honda radiators with 12" fans

drivers side radiator

pass side bottom bracket

finally have the rear spoiler in the right spot that only took 2 hours

alternator bracket, turned out ok, Im not the fabricator that Joe is

AC comp and my ugly bracket

prep the engine, then I tore it down again.....

that's all Ive got for now
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
top bracket

pass side rad.

PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vader Lambo:

top bracket

Wow, I've had too much to drink, my vision's all fuzzy.

Nice progress.

Joe
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
lol, thanks man, im having fun
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
firewall (detachable)
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
the piping is all done for the dual radiator cooling system, it was a challange but we tested yesterday and is flowing well, should be more than enough......

Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. holy blury, i will be at one with my engine

[IM[IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/Vader-Lambo1/DSC00259640x480.jpg

[/IMG]G]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/Vader-Lambo1/DSC00257.jpg[/IMG]
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011

electric waterpump 37 gallons per min

Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post

Vader Lambo

28 posts
Member since Sep 2011
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
It's about time you got done with the honeymoon, , I hate to tell you this, the ac lines are on the left side of the engine compartment. That type of waterpump made some things easier, some harder.

Keep up the good work. Joe
Vader Lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vader LamboSend a Private Message to Vader LamboDirect Link to This Post
yeah I know I was excited to get back to work on it. Yeah, i saw that (AC lines) I'll just have some custom lines made. It would be nice to have a least a few custom parts on this car..... LOL
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock