Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  WORLD FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER WANTS TO DO A PHOTO SESSION!!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
WORLD FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER WANTS TO DO A PHOTO SESSION!!! by nightonfire
Started on: 01-19-2011 09:26 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: nightonfire on 06-15-2013 06:24 PM
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Ya sure maybe you wanna swap for my 355 taiil lights, lol!

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Hey nightonfire, would you be interested in Camaro taillights, I have set for sale new in box.

IP: Logged
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

nightonfire

1015 posts
Member since Feb 2004
Ya, Life got crazy busy (in the best of ways) but I am finally going to get back into this thread , with plenty of awesome pictures this weekend

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I thought my build thread was going slow! Just over a year for yours now, and one single close up picture of 2 headlight bulbs

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 02-14-2013).]

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

nightonfire

1015 posts
Member since Feb 2004
Hey rock, his name is Jim Goodrich, he was the guy behind the camera of DogTown , when Stacy Perralta, Tony Alva and the crew were coming up. Jim was just with Christian Hasoi a few weekends ago, as well as TonyHawk. Like I mentioned Im finally going to have some time , so hopefully Ill be free to go and chill. When I was younger (we were super young) we use to skate with Tony Hawk, Hasio, Gator at the Delmar skate park; they tore it down along time ago; sad.

Originally posted by RockDork:

Is the photographer Craig Stecyk?

RockDork

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Hey rock, his name is Jim Goodrich, he was the guy behind the camera of DogTown , when Stacy Perralta, Tony Alva and the crew were coming up. Jim was just with Christian Hasoi a few weekends ago, as well as TonyHawk. Like I mentioned Im finally going to have some time , so hopefully Ill be free to go and chill. When I was younger (we were super young) we use to skate with Tony Hawk, Hasio, Gator at the Delmar skate park; they tore it down along time ago; sad.

Thats awesome!! I used to skate Powell Peralta exclusively. I loved the Bones Brigade and that whole scene. I met Rodney Mullen and Buckey Lasek at two different skate events. Would have loved to meet Hawk. He was one my heros back in the day.

Do you know who I'm refering to when I mentioned Craig Stecyc? He was a Dogtown author and Photographer for some of the skate mags in the 70's.

[This message has been edited by RockDork (edited 02-14-2013).]

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
I knew He was w/Dogtown, he and JIm were in in that same circle. Ya I was down with Powell Peralta, they had some sick boards, good times!

Originally posted by RockDork:

Thats awesome!! I used to skate Powell Peralta exclusively. I loved the Bones Brigade and that whole scene. I met Rodney Mullen and Buckey Lasek at two different skate events. Would have loved to meet Hawk. He was one my heros back in the day.

Do you know who I'm refering to when I mentioned Craig Stecyc? He was a Dogtown author and Photographer for some of the skate mags in the 70's.

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 02-14-2013).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 02-14-2013).]

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Update for the new photos
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Update for the new photos

Only took 2 1/2 years!

Originally posted by nightonfire on 01-19-2011 09:26 PM

....a photo session of my pride and Joy!!!

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 06-08-2013).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Wow, your car looks amazing! You have done a lot of custom work to it, and you can tell the time money and effort that went into it!

As for the photographs...... well...... I honestly was expecting a bit better.... Some really cool shadows, lighting, angles ect. This photo is even slightly out of focus. You can see it's a bit blurry by looking at the detail in the rims.

I am by NO means a professional photographer. I have had no formal training, and never gotten paid for a single photo that I have taken. I just purchased a decent camera, and like to take pictures. Here is one I took of Tyler's Toy a couple years ago. We washed the car getting it ready for the car show, and decided to get some pictures.

I got that blurred background by getting a long ways from the car (Probably around 150 feet away), and then using a zoom lens to bring it in close. This gives a lot of depth perception as the aperture is open much wider.

You have an AMAZING looking car, I just was thinking after 2 years that the photo's the photographer took were going to be stunning.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-09-2013).]

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Patrick:

Unfortunately pennock's hasn't been the center of my attention, and honestly I cant believe it has been two years, but alot had changed in my life. In the last two years, I've been Lecturing at a few different Universities & colleges, been running a government program, working with major politicians & CEO's & V.P's of major companies such as United, Airlines, Cox Cable, Bank of America, also Working with actors from Hollywood on international Orphanage Organization, traveled through out the U.S., & been in & out of the country multiple times for some business & alot of Pleasure. So much has happened & is happening in my life, recently I was just approached by our Mayor to collaborate on a international border project for the Olympics (I believe in 2018, still getting info).

For a young guy, this is a lot to have happen, I think I've said it before, but my life has nearly been 80-100hr work weeks for the last two years, so you can imagine where my priorities have been, and the attempt to just keep up with things. Well atleast have the pictures of my pride & joy, and when I have the free time, get to drive a beast like her

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

nightonfire

1015 posts
Member since Feb 2004
JohnPW:

Ya I was looking at the photos, the blurriness on the rims is a bit my fault from a poor file transfer when I was resizing it to fit on pennocks, but it is more the shape of the rims that gives the appearance. I got the original cd,which has the photo in high resolution, and a lot larger size and the rims are completely clear. I kept having issues uploading the photos, and wonder if that may have also contributed to it
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnPW:

Ya I was looking at the photos, the blurriness on the rims is a bit my fault from a poor file transfer when I was resizing it to fit on pennocks, ..... I kept having issues uploading the photos, and wonder if that may have also contributed to it

The resizing is the culprit for sure if the originals are clear. Uploading a photo, and downloading it over and over a 1,000 times, the photo will be the same. It is a digital copy, so there is no quality loss no matter how many times it is uploaded or copied.

It would have been nice to see the photographer widen the aperture or something to blur the cement wall background. This would bring much more focus to the car. The fact that the wall and the car are in perfect focus makes the image appear more 'flat'.

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
I'm not much of a tech, but figured it had to be somewhere in the process, but thanks to your info I have a better understanding.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The resizing is the culprit for sure if the originals are clear. Uploading a photo, and downloading it over and over a 1,000 times, the photo will be the same. It is a digital copy, so there is no quality loss no matter how many times it is uploaded or copied.

It would have been nice to see the photographer widen the aperture or something to blur the cement wall background. This would bring much more focus to the car. The fact that the wall and the car are in perfect focus makes the image appear more 'flat'.

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Here is the work done on the engine

3.4L Upgraded Valves, Springs, Rocker Rollers, Cam, 17# Injectors, 8mm Taylor Spiro-pro Custom Color Matched Wires, Adjustable Air/Fuel Regulator, Deleted Cold Start, Deleted TB coolent, Truleo Intake Powder Coated, 63mm Custom Built Buick 3.4 DOHC Throttle body, WCF Cold Air Intake with K&N Air Filter WCF Headers Ceramic Coated with Jet Hot, Custom 2 3/4" free-flow cat back exhaust, Magnaflow Exhaust, Powder Coated Exhaust Tips

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

nightonfire

1015 posts
Member since Feb 2004
Here's some details on the front:

At the time of the Photo, I had Kmunson flush mounts color matched with upgraded Sylvania Silver Light bulbs. You can see the front bumper is lower, what I did here was basically split the bumper like "pac-man" and then used a special 2 part epoxy and fiber glass sheeting to fill in the gap, and open up the air flow for the radiator. I also Used the 2 part epoxy to flush mount the moldings to give it a more modern look.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock