Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  finishing a Diablo, Whodeanie style! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
finishing a Diablo, Whodeanie style! by whodeanie
Started on: 06-26-2010 05:33 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: LAMBORRARI on 12-23-2012 12:41 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
thanks for that the hinges used on all the deck lids are all from a BMW. they swing up and out like they should. the fitment and finding the right struts was a bit of a pain but worth it. most of the work to that point was done by the last builder. lots of things he did right some he did not but it is all working out now the car is almost done now. the doors are being redone now because the owner wanted real lambo door handles and locks. once we finish that all that is needed is to install them the windshield and the wiper as well as hook up the mirrors and windows.
D.

IP: Logged
seafoodlover

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

thanks for that the hinges used on all the deck lids are all from a BMW. they swing up and out like they should. the fitment and finding the right struts was a bit of a pain but worth it. most of the work to that point was done by the last builder. lots of things he did right some he did not but it is all working out now the car is almost done now. the doors are being redone now because the owner wanted real lambo door handles and locks. once we finish that all that is needed is to install them the windshield and the wiper as well as hook up the mirrors and windows.
D.

Wow! This is such an old thread that showed up again. I believe all the progress has moved to whodeanies customs now open thread. But to clear things up, this car was really only 20--25% done by the last builder. I mean just about nothing was done right. Everything had to be redone, I mean everything. Almost every part had to be fixed or reordered. All I got was excuses for over 6 years. So lets just say it was a terrible expierence. Thats when I posted to ask for any new builders around atlanta. Then someone posted that Dean just opened a new shop there, so they told me to give him a call. I did and now cant be more happier. I asked him to do the many options I originally wanted that my last builder said it was impossible and cant be done. Guess what? Dean did his own research and found a way to all my options. Now with Dean on it. The car is finally done the way I wanted it from the start. Its now almost finished and ready to roll. Its getting really exciting after waiting 10 years from 2 other top builders who failed over and over again. Looks like we finally found a builder who can deliver even the hardest builds that others cant seem to finish. Thanks Dean for doing the impossible, and doing things right the first time with so much passion as if it was your own car, when others would have just rushed through just to get it done fast send it out. Again this shows that if you want something done the right way without getting scam in this industry full of scams. I myself and many others who had worked with Dean knows where to go.

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 07-19-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I think it was LAMBORRARI who resurrected this thread, but that’s a good thing
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

That photograph right there shows why this is a VERY proper build, even before seeing the doors open and the car complete.

Here's why.

Many Diablo Roadster replicas have issues with either the front trunk or the rear decklid not opening "properly". Now realize what "properly" is. Sure they open just fine. What very often happens though is that so much focus is put on making the cockpit doors open correctly (Dean can probably atest to the build hours that have likely been put into just the doors themselves. I'd imagine it's been a lot of time.) that the trunks are neglected in the interest of time. Look at the multitude of Diablo and Countach builds out there from the front and direct rear and you'll see what I mean. There's always some sort of fitment issues that actually do not become seriously apparent until the trunks are open.

That rear decklid shot, open with the roof panel attached where it normally stowes away on the real deal, is a money shot. On the real car, you're supposed to be able to open the rear trunk with the roof panel on the car. However, if the decklid isn't hinged properly, it either can't open up with the roof on it (it pivots too far upwards) or it potentially has to be made to pivot further towards the back of the car. The way it opens now is spot-on to a real Diablo Roadster. That may have been a hinge system that came on the kit, or Dean is simply that good into details. I don't know. Either way, it's right.

Things like this are what separate a "kit car" from a "replica".

And this is the reason YOU need to build one. Like I have already told you in person! Drop the C5 and jump on it!
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seafoodlover:
Wow! This is such an old thread that showed up again. I believe all the progress has moved to whodeanies customs now open thread. But to clear things up, this car was really only 20--25% done by the last builder. I mean just about nothing was done right. Everything had to be redone, I mean everything. Almost every part had to be fixed or reordered. All I got was excuses for over 6 years. So lets just say it was a terrible expierence. Thats when I posted to ask for any new builders around atlanta. Then someone posted that Dean just opened a new shop there, so they told me to give him a call. I did and now cant be more happier. I asked him to do the many options I originally wanted that my last builder said it was impossible and cant be done. Guess what? Dean did his own research and found a way to all my options. Now with Dean on it. The car is finally done the way I wanted it from the start. Its now almost finished and ready to roll. Its getting really exciting after waiting 10 years from 2 other top builders who failed over and over again. Looks like we finally found a builder who can deliver even the hardest builds that others cant seem to finish. Thanks Dean for doing the impossible, and doing things right the first time with so much passion as if it was your own car, when others would have just rushed through just to get it done fast send it out. Again this shows that if you want something done the right way without getting scam in this industry full of scams. I myself and many others who had worked with Dean knows where to go.

You really made me feel soooooooo satisfy by your words, having my car in Georgia & I'm here in Pennsylvanis away from me was a very sad situation, but talking to Dean on the phone then seeing his work on this board convinsed me that I will get a state of art work, I guess in the near future I'll be flying to Georgia more often, I really wanna get more work done to more cars, thank you Dean

diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterDirect Link to This Post
Looks like really nice work!
Heres mine:
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

Looks like really nice work!
Heres mine:

Wow! Nice ride there. Hows the ride going? Tell us some of your crazy stories, peoples reactions, is the car reliable? etc. Also are you going to Deans open house?
diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterDirect Link to This Post
The car is great, I built the whole car in 6 1/2 months... I worked about 35-45 hours a week on it and did everything in my garage at my house including the paint. Im planning on repainting in the spring because I got in a hurry and made a few mistakes. Right now its got a sbc with a 5 speed via a Archie kit, but currently trying to figure out how to mate a 2jzgte (twin turbo supra motor) to a th425 to swap in. Just having trouble figuring out the best way to do it, I have a few different ideas. Here is a link to my flickr that shows the last 3 months of the build to full mock up to diassembly to paint and back together again plus a few of the 2jz/th425 that Im working on now-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31604886@N08/?saved=1

Heres a quick video of when I got the remote doors working:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wir1lguZEs

The car is alot of fun but it does get a little wierd at times. The car gets too much attention, I have had people follow me home, follow me around town taking pics and videos with their phones. Everywhere I go people want to take pics of it, and know more about the car but some people want to sit in it, ask for rides in it, ect. I have just completed a concealed hand gun class to carry a hand gun on me because sometimes it gets that weird.... A couple weeks ago this major good looking girl saw me at Loews, she wanted to go for a ride, but her husband/boyfriend/whatever didnt like the idea. But she didnt care, she want to "go ride around" with me... Almost got in a fight over the deal just trying to leave. We took it out one night to go eat, and we parked it way away from any other cars. When we came out there was some womans panties stuck under the windshield wiper...

Hopefully in the next coming weeks I will have a solid game plan for the 2jz/th425 setup and can start ordering all the goodies for the engine. Im going to pull the twins off and go with a single turbo, new intake and throttle body, plus alot of other componates. Going to be running e85 on around 18 pounds, should be good for 575hp easy says the tuner. Alot of these supra guys are pulling 800- 1000+ hp on street driven cars. Crazy!
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverDirect Link to This Post

The car is great, I built the whole car in 6 1/2 months... I worked about 35-45 hours a week on it and did everything in my garage at my house including the paint. Im planning on repainting in the spring because I got in a hurry and made a few mistakes. Right now its got a sbc with a 5 speed via a Archie kit, but currently trying to figure out how to mate a 2jzgte (twin turbo supra motor) to a th425 to swap in. Just having trouble figuring out the best way to do it, I have a few different ideas. Here is a link to my flickr that shows the last 3 months of the build to full mock up to diassembly to paint and back together again plus a few of the 2jz/th425 that Im working on now-

The car is alot of fun but it does get a little wierd at times. The car gets too much attention, I have had people follow me home, follow me around town taking pics and videos with their phones. Everywhere I go people want to take pics of it, and know more about the car but some people want to sit in it, ask for rides in it, ect. I have just completed a concealed hand gun class to carry a hand gun on me because sometimes it gets that weird.... A couple weeks ago this major good looking girl saw me at Loews, she wanted to go for a ride, but her husband/boyfriend/whatever didnt like the idea. But she didnt care, she want to "go ride around" with me... Almost got in a fight over the deal just trying to leave. We took it out one night to go eat, and we parked it way away from any other cars. When we came out there was some womans panties stuck under the windshield wiper...

Hopefully in the next coming weeks I will have a solid game plan for the 2jz/th425 setup and can start ordering all the goodies for the engine. Im going to pull the twins off and go with a single turbo, new intake and throttle body, plus alot of other componates. Going to be running e85 on around 18 pounds, should be good for 575hp easy says the tuner. Alot of these supra guys are pulling 800- 1000+ hp on street driven cars. Crazy!

Lol! Yes that sounds about right. Thats pretty much what I hear from all kitcar and real owners. Great pics, thanks for sharing. Please keep us updated on your engine. Its going to be insane with all your horse power. I know your car is going to be great when you finish it. Will you be attending the whodeanie customs meet on august 6th?

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 07-23-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for sharing.

Very funny and also not funny at the same time.

Comes with the territory unfortunatly.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Seafoodlover,

Got to see your car yesterday and i have to say i am in love ! That thing looks incredible, Dean has done an awesome job.

I see why D and R got sued by lamborghini, because your car visually is more than equal to the real thing.

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Someone has awesome taste in paint options. I'm digging that green fastback in the background. Any info on the owner or what's being done to the car? (I would hazard a guess at putting a 3800SC in it)
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

The green GT belongs to Dean himself.

i believe he said he was keeping it stock if i remember correctly, but don't quote me on it.
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverDirect Link to This Post
Whoa that is a LOT of cars in the pic! Thanks Exoticse for the compliments...that just goes to show the quality of Deans work. This guy has passion for what he does and it shows. That yellow 6.0 looks really nice too. I bet when it is done it is going to be a beauty.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
2 1/2 years WTF ?!
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post

LAMBORRARI

50 posts
Member since Jul 2011
another pic
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post

LAMBORRARI

50 posts
Member since Jul 2011
and another
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post
For sale 2001 Lamborghini Diablo IFG kit, on 88 fiero frame, with a 3800 SC engine, needs body work and sanding, paint, wiring the engine & all lights instruments, has fiero interior and fiero steering wheel, new dash is included, missing front and rear lights, new rims included, asking $6500 OBO, check out the pics above, will be posting more pics as soon I receive from Dean, thanks, Willie 215-989-2656
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBORRARI:

will be posting more pics as soon I receive from Dean, thanks, Willie 215-989-2656

So the car is sitting at Dean's shop, not in your possesion?
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seafoodlover:

All I got was excuses for over 6 years. So lets just say it was a terrible expierence.

Again this shows that if you want something done the right way without getting scam in this industry full of scams. I myself and many others who had worked with Dean knows where to go.

Quoted for posterity.
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Taken on 13 December 2012… another 3 years to go!

[This message has been edited by BlackThunderGT (edited 12-20-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
No need to give the guy a hard time. He's in the same boat you are more than likely. He didn't rub your nose in it, I don't see a reason to rub his in it.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

No need to give the guy a hard time. He's in the same boat you are more than likely. He didn't rub your nose in it, I don't see a reason to rub his in it.

Nobody is "rubbing his nose in it". He was one of Deans biggest supporters. Now he has stopped posting. Just wondering where he is and if all is OK.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Nobody is "rubbing his nose in it". He was one of Deans biggest supporters. Now he has stopped posting. Just wondering where he is and if all is OK.

Come on man, you didn't even ask if everything is ok, you're throwing his words back at him in his own thread. You don't need to be doing the "nah nah nah I told you so" thing in his thread, keep it in yours or the whodeanie thread in the trash. You guys have even made fun of seafoodlover in the whodeanie thread, and he was nothing but nice to everyone. It's one thing to be concerned, this isn't that and you know it.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Quoted for posterity.

Do not - I repeat - DO NOT turn every thread into your personal vendetta playground.

I'm serious. Don't.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Do not - I repeat - DO NOT turn every thread into your personal vendetta playground.

I'm serious. Don't.

I agree !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

I agree !!

X3
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

X3

X4 got to agree - if you have any grievences should be sorted out by talking to one another to get it cleared. not to start publicly bitching - it only makes you look a child !!! we are all adults on here act like one.
it is after all coming up to christmas - think of the parents that lost their children last week - so get a grip.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

X4 got to agree - if you have any grievences should be sorted out by talking to one another to get it cleared. not to start publicly bitching - it only makes you look a child !!! we are all adults on here act like one.
it is after all coming up to christmas - think of the parents that lost their children last week - so get a grip.

Originally posted by jon m:
Really dude!!!

think of the parents that lost their children last week - so get a grip.

That’s really… really uncalled for!!!
I’m not going to shut up… I know cliff wants us to stay in our own threads but you sir have crossed the line!

I personally think Cliff said what needed to be said to BV (Steven) and now all the FRIENDS and supporters of Mr. Cain want to come here and dog him some more.

We been called liars and difficult customers and hated on by people here that have no vested interest in the situation. Mr. Cain is a lair and a thief and a very good scam artist. That’s why the word needs to be out there so some poor sucker does not fall into the same trap as we did. I am finding it really hard to believe how many people just want to hind the truth of what Mr. Cain has done. This real peoples lives and money… I had to save for years to pay for my build. Now I have a pile of junk and no money to fix it.

Hey it’s Christmas and since you’re a friend of Mr. Cain why don’t you stroke me a check for my losses. My initial estimates is it will take me $14,8000 to replace the parts stolen off my car and pay for the work to complete it (that I already paid for).
Hey why don’t you take the lead and put together the friends of Mr. Cain restitution fund… I need $14,800 dollars… I take certified bank checks. You are going to need to collect donations over $50,000 because besides me and Steven there are others they are just not posting yet.

mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jon m:

Totally uncalled for. We don't need a page of "I agree" nor do we need people trying to distract with sympathy. I think the thread just needs to go locked as the op is gone and his car lost.

Edit, the op Dean is gone and the car owner is gone as well (seafood lover?) I thought the owner were the op. I apologize for not researching.

[This message has been edited by mkiker2089 (edited 12-21-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
Look - I am sorry for your loses and I am sorry if you think I crossed the line.

I am merely agreeing with cliff about not to start a bitching contest -but I agree with you 100% about wanting to warn others about getting ripped off

jon
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post
yes the car is in Canton Georgia @ Dean's shop

Originally posted by urbex:
So the car is sitting at Dean's shop, not in your possesion?

LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post

LAMBORRARI

50 posts
Member since Jul 2011
here a link to a video of the Lambo Diablo Roadster available for sale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUeE2KA-tA
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBORRARI:

here a link to a video of the Lambo Diablo Roadster available for sale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUeE2KA-tA

It would be better if you started a for sale thread in the mall instead of using someone else's build thread to sell the car.
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIDirect Link to This Post
once I have recent pics, I will post it, and also on ebay, but I'm using Dean's thread since most of the hits on this thread are by people who been to Dean's shop and might have seen the car more recent than me., thanks for letting me know also about the for sale thread.

Originally posted by mptighe:

It would be better if you started a for sale thread in the mall instead of using someone else's build thread to sell the car.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock