Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm on a roll...20x11 will it fit? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm on a roll...20x11 will it fit? by madcurl
Started on: 11-04-2003 12:24 AM
Replies: 327
Last post by: madcurl on 11-28-2012 08:24 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
345/25/20 P-Zero Rosso's Tires have been ordered. Now for the big "wait."

------------------

IP: Logged
Yes Im Jen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2004 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yes Im JenSend a Private Message to Yes Im JenDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Smooth 88coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smooth 88coupeSend a Private Message to Smooth 88coupeDirect Link to This Post
I would give my life savings for that car. Or better yet, have someone donate $100,000 to make my car look somewhat like that. Do I dare ask how much those tires and wheels cost? I asked my boss and he said that 20' wheels with a 5 on 100 bolt pattern cost a pretty penny. Maybe 2 or 3. Not to mention the tires are a pain in the butt to put on, and since they last only about 15-20 K miles, who ever does your tires must do a good job.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow................... I thaught you made a typo with 345-25 so before I opened my mouth and looked stupid I checked Tire Rack for that size and BAM there it was That is a massive tire.

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smooth 88coupe:

I would give my life savings for that car. Or better yet, have someone donate $100,000 to make my car look somewhat like that. Do I dare ask how much those tires and wheels cost? I asked my boss and he said that 20' wheels with a 5 on 100 bolt pattern cost a pretty penny. Maybe 2 or 3. Not to mention the tires are a pain in the butt to put on, and since they last only about 15-20 K miles, who ever does your tires must do a good job.

Yeah, their costly and are only good for 15-20,000 miles. However, it will be a "only" summer car which, thats what the tires are for anyway. From the ratings, customers stated that the tires suck big time in the rain, wear, and noise. I was going to go with the 305/25/20's until I seen them on a 350Z in FL. A friend suffered a flat (nail in tire) lost control and nearly ruined his $15g one-off rims + his 70g car. With these type of tires one needs a tire monitor on the car.

Putting tires on? The shop installs regularly 17-24's sizes. However, I've seen them install 305's but never seen them install 345's?

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE FIERO!

Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Kosei K1s, Kumho Ecsta V700s, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Hey madcurl i just got to looking at some HRE 547R i suppose this is the same rim on your car and the price i was seeing was like $1000 per rim. Is this accurate and if you wouldnt mind me asking How much were just your rims? Thanks

------------------
fast and reckless

[This message has been edited by daniel87fierogt (edited 05-08-2004).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:
remember too the the irm's only make the front edge of the rear wheel opening wider, the top is still the widest point of the opening.

Madcurl, You already got your answer, but just to confirm I agree with Philphine, the Archie/IRM doesn't acutally make the rear any wider, just kind of squares it off such that the wheel well is vertical versus round. In other words a normal 8 inch wheel is about even with the rocker. So an 11" wheel is going to stick out about 3".

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-08-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Madcurl, You already got your answer, but just to confirm I agree with Philphine, the Archie/IRM doesn't acutally make the rear any wider, just kind of squares it off such that the wheel well is vertical versus round. In other words a normal 8 inch wheel is about even with the rocker. So an 11" wheel is going to stick out about 3".

Yeah I know, thanks. This thread is a multi-linked. Songmans's technical thread on "19's, 20's fitting stock/non stock", "Fiero Redux", and and this one "I'm on a roll." Remember I have a different rear fender flare on the Fiero Redux thread. The top portions of the stock front fender is now located in the back. it sticks out now by 3"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yeah I know, thanks. This thread is a multi-linked. Songmans's technical thread on "19's, 20's fitting stock/non stock", "Fiero Redux", and and this one "I'm on a roll." Remember I have a different rear fender flare on the Fiero Redux thread. The top portions of the stock front fender is now located in the back. it sticks out now by 3"

heres the Fiero Redux flares links: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/037188.html

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
CurlMaster.....
Do you have a photo of what your vision is for the FINISHED design( Redux) look li

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

CurlMaster.....
Do you have a photo of what your vision is for the FINISHED design( Redux) look li

visions? fouth page heres the link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/037188.html

Tires should here in 10-12 days.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
If 305's can fit, would a 345's fit on a 20x12.5 powered by a northstar turbo? Would the turbo spin the 345's?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

uh ohhhhhh,..he's at it again !!!!!

Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
madcurl. check pm's Please

Soaper

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

If 305's can fit, would a 345's fit on a 20x12.5 powered by a northstar turbo? Would the turbo spin the 345's?

Lol, you have no limit!
IF the turbo spins them you might need some wider tires!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump for all of those Pm's and Emails. Somehow this info is hard to find for "some" in the search department.

Enjoy. Songman also posted a thread relating to HRE's fitting on his 88.

edit:
Oh yeah, ONLY CALL THE COMPANY IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING THEM. THEY WILL NOT GIVE OUT THE SPECS. Others have tried to no avail.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-24-2004).]

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
20" dubs with 30 series arn't enuf bling for ya????

damn, you for sure will have the sickest rims on any fiero

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
They look nice and fit the cars looks. Only downside is around here you could never drive it outside of an auditorium. With no sidewalls, youd be denting those expensive rims every week on dips, bumps and potholes.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zMacK:

20" dubs with 30 series arn't enuf bling for ya????

damn, you for sure will have the sickest rims on any fiero

Nope. 25 series is better. Bump please.

88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbDirect Link to This Post
Dude, your going to need 15" brakes to fill those wheels out!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88gtNewb:

Dude, your going to need 15" brakes to fill those wheels out!

Oh but, these will do the trick.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, thats better.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Will it fit? Yes but, with a little help from a junk yard fender. New pics soon.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Will it fit? Yes but, with a little help from a junk yard fender. New pics soon.

Very nice !

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
A + for not making me feel so crazy to drop the $$,$$$ I have into my GT.

Greg

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Very nice !

Very nice indeed! Thats gonna be a fat and clean looking rear a$$!

88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Just thought id ask. Im getting ready to (finally) start the transformation of my 87 fiero... problem is i dont have quite enough $$$ for the engine swap id eventually like to get...

How would a 4 banger do with 11" tires ? And all that rear end modification...? Any clue / input ?

I'll probally be driving the car awhile with the 4 cylander... Any idea how it'll hold up ?

~Tim

------------------
:::: Decklid vent Mods. Coming soon ::::
:::: Matching Hood Vents (keep your eyes open) ::::

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

Just thought id ask. Im getting ready to (finally) start the transformation of my 87 fiero... problem is i dont have quite enough $$$ for the engine swap id eventually like to get...

How would a 4 banger do with 11" tires ? And all that rear end modification...? Any clue / input ?

I'll probally be driving the car awhile with the 4 cylander... Any idea how it'll hold up ?

~Tim

All of the extra weight and height of the tire/rim combo would make a stock four banger slower than a electric go cart. I would do the modifications to the rear and put the stock rims back on the car until you got the money for the swap. Who knows, somebody might steal them or worst you could accidently damage the rims?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-02-2005).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
wish i had more time and resources. that fender flare idea looks nice. still need to work out rear wheel possibilities to know if i'll really need a flare, but since i have two cars with irm's altering one would help give them different looks.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2005 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
bump! because I'm perking with ideas. I still need to mount the 345's. Yes. I've been talking to Steve again.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Altered beast rims for the Stealth: A photo shop rendering. Hey, Just brain storming, stay tuned, hehehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-03-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
How about some color options?!

#1 - Black Rim, Chrome Center

#2 - All Black (w/chrome trim bolts)

#3 - Black Center (w/chrome trim bolts)

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-24-2005).]

DustoneGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTDirect Link to This Post
whose wide body is that?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Car belongs to madcurl.

He used a regular fiero front fender and glassed to the natural contour of the rear panel to create a widebody effect.

See chop top #15 thread for more information.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...tring on new shoes?

(Photo shop'd by MinntgreenGT)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hmm...tring on new shoes?

(Photo shop'd by MinntgreenGT)

Like the look, makes it look kind of,.....stealthy.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

For the benefit of the newbies and others who might also be interested, Curly do you think the 19 x 20 combo will fit on an 86 GT with Coilovers ?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

For the benefit of the newbies and others who might also be interested, Curly do you think the 19 x 20 combo will fit on an 86 GT with Coilovers ?

Yes. 84-87. #11 is a 87 w/Ryans or Helds coil-overs on 19/20

HAGS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HAGSSend a Private Message to HAGSDirect Link to This Post
damn, the 345/25/20's are $415 each!
That kinda scares me to get bigger rims
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock