Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Sons of Guns on discovery channel, just saw them shoot up a Fiero

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Sons of Guns on discovery channel, just saw them shoot up a Fiero by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 01-18-2012 09:05 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 01-20-2012 08:15 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Sons of Guns on discovery channel, just saw them shoot up a Fiero. New episode, on now.

Edit ** Added video below. **

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 01-18-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap....just wanted to post in the 3 threads
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Calm down, its just a fiero.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Here it is
852m4se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 852m4seSend a Private Message to 852m4seDirect Link to This Post
new show to add to my hate list. poor fiero
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Never liked the show and they do retarded things to guns and call it custom. Now they just iced the stupid cake with with tardberry frosting.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Here's a little tidbit on the show:
Red Jacket Firearms LLC is NOT owned by Steph or Will. William originally owned Red Jacket Firearms INC(this inc is important) but in 2009 they had their license(FFL) revoked due to some missing guns. So 3 of the employees Vince, Joe, and Charley formed Red Jacket Firearms LLC(note the LLC) and they are the owners. Steph and Will are the employees. Now Vince is leaving and his share of the company was bought out and he is forming his own company, Mesa Kinetic Research. And then as if all this craziness is not enough Red Jacket LLC is being sued by and investor claiming he isn't getting his money about he invested in the Red Jacket INC and all of the assets were then moved to Red Jacket LLC.
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevDirect Link to This Post
I guess thats one way to burn out the bushings...
84se2m4

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se2m4Send a Private Message to 84se2m4Direct Link to This Post
****in goofs
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Been there, done that.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure that I get the point. That they can hit a fiero with that gun? That the fiero blows up when the bomb in it is hit or activated?
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
yup, completely stupid, but I don't watch the show.... well... because I think it is completely stupid...
Smoke_Jaguar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke_JaguarSend a Private Message to Smoke_JaguarDirect Link to This Post
I never got the point of rigging cars to blow and never bothering to mention it in the show. Sure it makes me laugh when people believe either the car is that unsafe (as to blow up when hit with small arms fire) or that the gun is that powerful. As for the show itself, I am beginning to miss the more educational channels flooding the airwaves with ghost hunting, alien and "reality" show garbage. Just look what happened to TLC...

With the Fiero, they were going to use something and I just call it coincidence. For all the cars out there, most of them have groups of fans that hate seeing them destroyed. I don't watch the show because it sucks and any dimwit can slap a bunch of tacticool crap on a rifle that has 20 rails. I did however get a great kick out of seeing the Mythbusters try and skip a Fiero across water. Better to trash a cool car doing something amazing than packing a few pounds of explosives and shooting at it.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I heard Vince packed his tools and left when he heard the blew the Fiero. LOL!

Hey this car was pulled from a junk yard and it was a base model so it was far from rare and few of us would have saved anything off it we don't already have sitting around. If anything the more of these low value clapped out cars they dispatch the less supply we have. That will help lead to higher values of the cars still in operating condition. The fact is as long as you can buy a cheap junker for $500-1000 there will be little value in our cars. No pain no gain.

Just be happy no one said these things catch fire don't they?
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
These jerks should be strung-up, and then shot and then have their throats cut "just in case"!

Hope it wasn't one of those 88's with the power steering prototype still intact.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
i like the part where he says " well, i know its accurate..."
yeah, he doesnt know what accuracy means. i have an ar15 myself, and i can hit much tighter groups than that pinhead. what was that like 25 yrds at the target 4in group? sheesh he sucks.
i wish i could show him my paper with three bullet holes touching at 140yrds.
paid actors...
now, if it were this guy shooting up a fiero... i might be a bit more intrigued
http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/index.htm
Tstang429

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Yea just watched it tonight. deffinitly an 84 base still had those silver 13 inch steel rims and bumper pads. I may be playing devils advocate but it was kinda funny how the hood blew open. Of all explosions ive seen i have never seen a hood do that.

[This message has been edited by Tstang429 (edited 01-20-2012).]

Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoke_Jaguar:

I never got the point of rigging cars to blow and never bothering to mention it in the show. Sure it makes me laugh when people believe either the car is that unsafe (as to blow up when hit with small arms fire) or that the gun is that powerful. As for the show itself, I am beginning to miss the more educational channels flooding the airwaves with ghost hunting, alien and "reality" show garbage. Just look what happened to TLC...

With the Fiero, they were going to use something and I just call it coincidence. For all the cars out there, most of them have groups of fans that hate seeing them destroyed. I don't watch the show because it sucks and any dimwit can slap a bunch of tacticool crap on a rifle that has 20 rails. I did however get a great kick out of seeing the Mythbusters try and skip a Fiero across water. Better to trash a cool car doing something amazing than packing a few pounds of explosives and shooting at it.

I rarely watch television anymore as a result of the shift to "reality" garbage. They are in it for the money, and it shows.

The first time I decided to watch one of these firearms shows they were making a projectile knife akin to the "spetsnaz" knife using black powder. I just thought how silly it would be to hold a pipe bomb in my hand, when I could substitute it for a practical firearm that won't blow my hand off. So in all it doesn't surprise me they would pack a car with explosives and shoot it. Mythbusters is guilty, as they make a point to destroy something almost every show. However I feel Mythbusters has earned the right, as their episodes at least provide a decent amount of education content.

On topic, I'm not too concerned about someone destroying a car pulled from the junkyard. Odds are the charred and bullet riddled remains will just be returned from where it came. I'm sure there would still be a few salvageable parts, although the point was made that there is still an ample supply.

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im not sure why they even have a show? american guns is much better in many ways.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock