Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Looking for Fiero Owners in Ohio (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Looking for Fiero Owners in Ohio by A4SixtyNineRR
Started on: 11-11-2011 12:45 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: hyperv6 on 02-24-2012 06:54 PM
ohiogt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohiogtSend a Private Message to ohiogtDirect Link to This Post
I would be very interested in this. Also, i dont know how many of you, if any, have gone to the annual Steel Valley Supernationals cruise and shows in Salem, but during the day they have drag races and at night the whole city is a car show pretty much and i think it would be awesome to represent the fiero community there as i have only seen one there before. i would have been there last year, but it wasnt till after that that i got it going and now im looking to get it painted. let me know what you guys think.
IP: Logged
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
As a former Cleveland Fieros member, I am interested in a club to join.

One problem we've got here is that it can be up to 3 hours from one end of the state to a central meeting point (like Columbus). I think that's why the local city clubs used to do better. Maybe with today's technology we could have net meetings, or some sort of live webchat? Its not going to compare to a meeting in person, but at least far away members could listen.

My advice on a newsletter is send it out via email. We wasted a ton of postage with ours and I'd personally prefer to read it online anyway. For those that want to read it in print, get a printer. A ton of our dues went to mailing our newsletters around the Cleveland area.

Another unsolicited piece of advice is that if you do have meetings, make sure there is some draw. Have tech sessions, or after the meeting, dismantle a parts car or something. When I joined the Cleveland club, we had informational tidbits at the meetings. By the end, it was simply a list of upcoming car shows. People stopped coming because they can look up where the car shows are online, there was nothing to draw people in.

As with any club, there will be people with pristine low mile cars who still take them to the dealer for oil changes, and other people with radically modified custom cars who don't trust anybody near their cars, and show up for meetings still with grease on their fingers. You can try to appeal to everyone, but my advice is to stay true to whatever it is you like to do. If you work on your Fiero a lot, have meetings centered around what you are doing. If people show up and show interest let them share what they do to their car. Yes, it may drive a few people away, but if you try to appeal to everyone, in general, you'll drive everyone away. At least, that's my $0.02 worth.

Tom

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Bump-

Sent email to OP regarding website and questions I had. No response for a week.

You still interested in this DJ?

Im not a crazy car enthiusiast but would love to help get this off the ground.
A4SixtyNineRR

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midnight:

Bump-

Hey, I have had 15-20 emails from interested people, but I have been out of time on family stuff. I haven't really had the time to email everyone back just yet. I sent you a PM response from yesterday's PM. Feel free to use the club email address b/c I check it much more often than I do PM's. They club is definitely still a go, I just need to get people to get to start getting the foundation laid out.

Thanks,
-DJ

MrPorty42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPorty42Send a Private Message to MrPorty42Direct Link to This Post
I'm very interested in this. I could assist in creating a website. I'll send an email to the club email.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post

Bump-

I did email you at the gmail address a few days ago...
A4SixtyNineRR

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick update to keep this thred alive. We currently have about 20 guys in Ohio who are interested in starting the Ohio Fiero Club. If anyone else is interested, please email the club directly at OhioFieroClub@gmail.com

I will continue to update with more details as they happen. Thanks!
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Direct Link to This Post
Hi, i live in Toledo,Ohio. there is 5 of us fiero freeks in town. we have 21 fiero's between us. we don't have any dues,but we call our group the -TOLEDO FIERO GROUP-. we even have shirts with our club name on them. we hang with members of the michigan fiero club. i am a member there too. i used to be a member of the cleveland fiero club until it disbanded. i have a silver 85gt/auto trans. also black 87 gt /5 speed..with many,many custom body mods. and last but not least is my 88gt/5speed ..red/with beechwood inside.also has the gold diamond spoke rims. not lace. why does everyone call them lace? look at them and you will see the diamond pattern in them. sorry got off subject. anyone that wants to hang with us this summer call me at 419-868-6504..ask for Jerry Lynn.best of luck on your plans. any fiero lover is a friend of mine. remember ..LIFE'S A JOURNEY, ENJOY THE RIDE!!!
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a fiero club in Ohio but I'm not sure what my schedule is going to be like once i start my new job. If my schedule works with it then I would defiantly would be interested.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Status?

I sent out an email to the group 2-3 weeks ago. No response from anyone?

Oh well..
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Status?

I sent out an email to the group 2-3 weeks ago. No response from anyone?

Oh well..

Starting a club is tough. Keeping a club alive is even more difficult.

I would recomend to start small with a solid group of locals and then branch out. When everyone is all over few will ever come to meetings and even fewer to activities.

The clubs in Ohio started out pretty much as Simple informal group of friends and worked into a club. This takes a lot of pressure off and helps give you time and ideas to what needs to be done and how to do it.

I would recomend doing a web site and keep it active. Stories and tech info draw people in. Photos also help. This is something someone can do on their own. Then you go to activities or meets. Even a simple cook out.

Been there done that from start to end. It is not easy and I would recomend the support of at least 3-5 people you can count on to help as the group expands. No matter the club only a few people ever help.

With the economy being as it is all the clubs are struggling in some aspect. Dues are easy to skip if money is tight. It also depends on the area. In Ohio even the Camaro club is lossing members.

The Fiero is a difficult car to have a club as while there are many cars few people like to join clubs. Most are just people who drive them and do not even visit web sights. Others are works in progress and few are willing to pay dues when they need the money for the car. Fiero people are not like Vette and Shelby owners who have a greater disposible income so the cheaper you can keep things the better.

Also get a LLC for anything you start. There are rules for non profit clubs and you need to protect yourself.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock