Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  most frequent comment you get on your fiero? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
most frequent comment you get on your fiero? by rambozotheclown
Started on: 07-09-2011 01:30 AM
Replies: 68
Last post by: donnie072003 on 07-18-2011 06:48 AM
rambozotheclown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rambozotheclownSend a Private Message to rambozotheclownDirect Link to This Post
I was at a local cruise night tonight, and it seemed like all I heard was "I haven't seen one of these in forever!"

What kind of comments do you all hear frequently?

------------------

just filler 'til I make a Fiero sig

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Those things catch on fire you know... Had that from the border guard when I took my car down to Idaho for my swap.

Nolan
FieroGTChile87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTChile87Send a Private Message to FieroGTChile87Direct Link to This Post
Just that they're nice and that they're getting harder to find.

I have mine back on the road for the first time in 4 years and was gassing up for the first time and when asked what year it was by the person at the pump next to me, he told me "I always wanted to get an '81". I didn't bother to correct him.
Val_Evans

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Val_EvansSend a Private Message to Val_EvansDirect Link to This Post
"looks like a mini ferrari"

brand new paint job with no spoiler on the fastback

oooohhh yeaaaahhhhh
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Surprisingly, with as many of the negative comments that I have heard over the years, this is the most common by far:

"I had one of those when I was younger....." "I wish I had never gotten rid of it"

*or*

"I know (insert name of random friend/co-worker) who had one of those in 1984/5/6/7/8/9/90/91/91/..... ....and they LOVED it!"

Chris
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
"That's a really crazy looking MR2..."

"A *PONTIAC* you say? I thought they only made the Le Mans..." (and they mean the nasty Daewoo based Le Mans...)
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyDirect Link to This Post
I can honestly say that I always get great comments on my Fiero(s). The most common is on how people always knew someone...usually a girl...who had one of these back in the 80's. They'll always approach the car with very high interest. One time at Auto -Zone, a bunch of sales people all went out to see it, after hearing that the part I was buying was for a Fiero.....and we do buy parts from time to time, now don't we...lol
My1stMidEng

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My1stMidEngSend a Private Message to My1stMidEngDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a single common comment. I mostly only take this to AutoX and if you saw the picture I posted with the front tire in the air your understand I get a lot of comments. All positive and mostly surprised a Fiero can do that.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
"When are you going to have it on the road?"

Bob
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
The most common one I get is, "Theres no way that's a Pontiac". 88 Mera Fiero with all the Mera emblems intact.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Mostly compliments with the occasional "those catch on fire".
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
"it running yet?"

my swaps taking... FOREVER :/
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
wow what kind of car is that....

and yea i knew a guy ....... that knew a guy... that had one in ____ ...

nice car but if the spare tire is in front wheres the engine ... . duhhhhhhhh
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I would guess it is probably " Damn that guy drives like a MANIAC!!" However the most common is usually " Wow, you just don't see those anymore" I get that one A LOT!! peace

Pete

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:
However the most common is usually " Wow, you just don't see those anymore" I get that one A LOT!! peace

Pete

I'd have to agree with Pete on this one...seems to be what I hear a lot, well other than "Did you just finish restoring that?" LOL

Robert
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
at car shows and gas stations i get mostly people saying how they used to have one or people just saying its nice and when im driving around i hear mostly "hey look a ferrari!" but i have heard a few times people say "look its a fiero".

------------------

aim- Fiero88GT12

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Why is this one wider than your other ones.... (for my IMSA)

------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.
(88 formula 3400SFI turbo) Made the kessel run in less than 12 parceks b****
(84 IMSA) garage queen
(84 base) big orange firecracker
(06 solstice) my vert Fiero
The forums Youngest CDL driver

boomme

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boommeSend a Private Message to boommeDirect Link to This Post
Most frequent comment... hmmm, let's see...

"Thank you, That'll be xx.xx dollars, just sign right here, the keys are in the car... see you again next month".
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
"What's broke now?"
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
"What kind of car is that?"

"Hey Gomer, lookie here, the engine's in the back!!"

"That's one of the cleanest Fieros I've ever seen."

"They still make these?"

"Oh yeah, I had a Fiero when I was in College. Sure wish I had kept it."

"I don't remember Fieros looking like this one."

(Wives or Girlfriends to their guys): "Honey, I want one of THESE!"

"Can I sit in it?"

"Is it fast?"

"I heard these things really handle."

"How much does this thing weigh?"

"Oh! It's a Pontiac!...Really??!!"

"That isn't the factory color is it?"

"Why didn't you put a V8 in it?"

"They sure made a mistake when they stopped making these!"

"How much would you sell this one for?"

..............and many, many more.......

------------------

xavier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xavierSend a Private Message to xavierDirect Link to This Post
Most common is 'Do I want to sell it'.
PFF
System Bot
Mcfleev-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-ODirect Link to This Post
Most I get is "Oh so and so had a Fiero. They blew up alot."
Edit: I told my barber that I got a Fiero and he went nuts saying how cool they were...he told me a story about when they came out him and his friend bought a 85 and two days later they took a corner too fast and put it at the bottom of a lake. I think its still there, the plastic panels at least.

[This message has been edited by Mcfleev-O (edited 07-10-2011).]

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
"That's yours?"
I guess they don't see petite blonde women driving yellow sports cars very often.

I get lots of stories about Fieros from people. It seems everyone either had one or knows someone that had one at one point or another.

------------------

I'm a poor college student because I modify my cars!

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
I get the 'those cars are death traps" comment all the time..
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
"I thought all those cars caught fire and burned to the ground"!

"that's not a Fiero"

"that's not the original V8"
SoCal Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoCal JimSend a Private Message to SoCal JimDirect Link to This Post
At shows . . . . . What the Hell ? I don't remember these looking like this !

Isn't the motor supposed to be back there ?

www.jimsfiero.com

Jim
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
A few different comments like"is your engine done yet?", "zoom,zoom" are the most comments.The one that impressed me the most"Is that thing as fast as it looks?" by a toll collector on the Pa, turnpike.

------------------
Question my ability,question my intelligence,never question my integrity!
87drivetrain http://fieroaddiction.com/SBCTa.html

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post

hugh

5563 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I don't know how I had a duplicate post,but it is the second time it has happened.I guess I will have to be more careful !

[This message has been edited by hugh (edited 07-10-2011).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
"That's one of the cleanest Fieros I've ever seen."

Tony

notsonic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notsonicSend a Private Message to notsonicDirect Link to This Post
you know your back windows are broken?
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverDirect Link to This Post
I always see one once in a while here in md, I love those fireos. I always go up, or just walk around them when passing by. I always think these things looks really agressive and pretty low.
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! What is it?
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
"what is that?" "is that a Pantera?" "hot ride!" (from a local Ford GT40 owner, i see him weekly at the gas station)

My favourite I heard last week...

"Dude! that red car over there makes your tiburon look like a turd!", from a kid walking with his friends towards a bright purple riced up tiburon.

I really need to get the windows tinted so it looks even better with my tinted sail panels.

------------------

Get your copy of the Fiero 25th Anniv book at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/349809

Best RV, Camper, and Trailer dealer in West Michigan. http://www.cliffstrailersales.com and he's a fiero owner too!

rambozotheclown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rambozotheclownSend a Private Message to rambozotheclownDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:
"Dude! that red car over there makes your tiburon look like a turd!", from a kid walking with his friends towards a bright purple riced up tiburon.

bwahahaha!!! best comment ever
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandDirect Link to This Post
The best is "How do you get into that?" I'm 6'3" with a 36 or 37 " inseam.

And then there is always the standard "You don't see many of those any more." or "Don't you find it hard to find parts for that?"

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 07-10-2011).]

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
"Is it running yet?"

sigh
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
"WOW you painted all those on and they are not decals?"

And of course "when are you going to be finished?"
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Most usual comments.

"Haven't seen one of those in a long time"

"Is that a Fiero??"

"Is the engine in the back"??

Most stupid comment from somebody...

"Yeah, those cars (Fiero) are built on a Corvette frame..."

"I see the engine is in the back...(10 seconds later), is this thing front wheel drive??

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Does it run?

I even got that in the grocery store parking lot.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Surprisingly, with as many of the negative comments that I have heard over the years, this is the most common by far:

"I had one of those when I was younger....." "I wish I had never gotten rid of it"

*or*

"I know (insert name of random friend/co-worker) who had one of those in 1984/5/6/7/8/9/90/91/91/..... ....and they LOVED it!"

Chris

You know, that's what I hear most often too.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock