Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero's at Gunnison August 19-21, 2011 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero's at Gunnison August 19-21, 2011 by rpro
Started on: 06-22-2011 05:14 PM
Replies: 75
Last post by: blakeinspace on 08-24-2011 04:40 PM
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Once again it's time for the largest competitive Fiero show in the western half of the U.S. Fiero's from all over the west converge on the beautiful mountain town of Gunnison, CO for a massive car show, mountain cruise and street show on main street Friday night. This will become the official RSVP thread for this years event and we will edit the participant list as the days and weeks go by. Below are some pictures from previous years for those of you that have never attended or might want to plan a little vacation time in Colorado.

Register today at http://www.gunnisoncarclub....t/products.php?cat=7 or contact any officer at http://milehighfieros.com for more information and help with accomodations.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 07-10-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
In response to the many inquires about hotel accomodations, this link will be helpful.

http://gunnisoncarclub.com/lodging.html
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I want to make it to the Gunnison show but every year something gets in the way… last year moving… this year moving errrr!!!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Darn, wish I had a car done to bring out. That was a fun drive even from Nebraska. My son and I are even in the one picture.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I'm in - just not sure "in" which Fiero though!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
The one with the most fuel in the tank ususally decides it for me,
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
If my Fiero cooperates we will be there too.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Just got this message from the event coordinator in Gunnison....

"Robert: It looks like another Incredible Fiero turnout!!

Big show this year with the Lustre Kings out of New York playing Friday night and Lee Iacocca’s personal assistant here to award the trophy in his honor. I’ll forward your email to Johnnie Walker who lays out the show field for us. He’ll have a couple of ideas I’m sure on where to stage all those FIero's"

Mike Callihan
Gunnison Car Show
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
It looks like this year is going to be great, with a lot of new Fiero's on the field.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Is it August 19 yet? I am Sooooooo looking forward to a Fiero road trip and the show.
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Just to let everyone know if planning to go accommodations in Gunnison are very limited and rooms sell out fast so if you are planning to go you should make your reservations ASAP.
Here are a couple of links to find hotels in Gunnison.
http://hotelguides.com/colo...nison-co-hotels.html
http://www.google.com/#hl=e...,or.r_gc.r_pw.&cad=b

If you would like to follow our local thread on our website go here. http://milehighfieros.8.for...viewtopic.php?t=1167

Frizlefrak, I am looking forward to the trip too, this year is looking like it will be the best Fiero turn out so far!

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 07-04-2011).]

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
For those of you that have never participated in this event, be sure to take advantage of the Sunday morning breakfast cruise to Crested Butte.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Below are the three Fiero classes and descriptions:

Original: Completely original - paint, upholstery, only cosmetic repair of minor dents, some chrome replacement, or repair of paint (not complete paint job).

Restored to Original: Original type parts - complete repaint in original colors, re-upholstered seats, headliner, etc. in original type materials. NO chrome wheels, valve covers, suspension parts, etc. (i.e. NO CHROME WHERE IT WAS NOT FROM THE FACTORY). Any changes from original-type materials could put the vehicle into the modified or street rod class.

Modified: Complete re-paint in non-original color/s, or type (i.e. flames, graphics, etc.), engine change, custom wheels, chrome parts on engine or suspension, etc.

There will be a registration "tech" committee to help participants enter their vehicle in the correct class. Any vehicle that appears to be registered in the wrong class will be reviewed. The decision of the committee will be final!

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Sunday bump
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
August yet??
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I bet you texas boys are ready for a little relief from the heat.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I bet you texas boys are ready for a little relief from the heat.

Got a little rain today! Did not help - now the it's 100 with 90% humidity! I need some cool mountain breezes!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
It's in the mid 70's with 15% humidity in Gunnison.
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
I am looking forward to seeing the Fiero’s from TX this year; I think we will see a Mera, XTC and couple of stock or modified ones. This is going to be so much fun this year. I am especially looking forward to seeing the XTC as I am trying to talk Kevin into getting rid of the Corvette and getting something like this, so depending on price and condition we may be interested.

Only 28 days to go
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kat, what car did you register for the show? I think you can pay-at-the-door if you're still undecided.
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Katatak, I am glad you sold the XTC for you reserve, but I am disappointed we won’t be seeing the XTC in Gunnison unless the new owner can be convinced to bring it to Gunnison.

Rick88, I am looking forward to seeing your Mera, you should put it in the show as original it will freak people out as most people do not even know what a Mera is and if they do they probably have never seen one in person, and we usually only have a couple of Fiero’s that are in the original class. Your Mera will definitely get a lot of attention. If you have any info about the car that people can read when they check it that would be cool. I am sure you will hear “look a Ferrari” a bunch of times as people will not be expecting it to be a Fiero. You will have a lot of explaining to do.
That’s a Fiero!?
How many did they make?
What years did they make them?
What colors did they make them it?
Is it fast?
And on and on…………

Frizlefrak, looking forward to seeing you and your Fiero too.

Anyone else coming from TX?

Only 25 Days to go 
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 23 days.....the countdown continues.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
For anyone coming in from the east, we typically form two caravans on Friday morning, one leaving from Denver and the other from Colorado Springs. The object is to arrive in Gunnison by mid-afternoon so you have time to freshen up both yourself and your car before the street show begins at 5:00 PM on Main street. We know where the lesser traveled car washes are by the way.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Only 19 days left
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Prepping the Formula now!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 18 days
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Hey Kat, what car did you register for the show? I think you can pay-at-the-door if you're still undecided.

Looks like the Formula will be in the show - just tried to register and it did not go through - I'll keep trying. Got a little more interior cleaning to do and she will be ready to go! Looks like Class number 38 - Fiero - Restored original due to the new paint job, seaat recover and headliner rehab.

Dan, yours should fit in the 37 - Fiero - Original!

Frothing at the bit to get going - I really need this break!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Christine:

Katatak, I am glad you sold the XTC for you reserve, but I am disappointed we won’t be seeing the XTC in Gunnison unless the new owner can be convinced to bring it to Gunnison.

Rick88, I am looking forward to seeing your Mera, you should put it in the show as original it will freak people out as most people do not even know what a Mera is and if they do they probably have never seen one in person, and we usually only have a couple of Fiero’s that are in the original class. Your Mera will definitely get a lot of attention. If you have any info about the car that people can read when they check it that would be cool. I am sure you will hear “look a Ferrari” a bunch of times as people will not be expecting it to be a Fiero. You will have a lot of explaining to do.
That’s a Fiero!?
How many did they make?
What years did they make them?
What colors did they make them it?
Is it fast?
And on and on…………

Frizlefrak, looking forward to seeing you and your Fiero too.

Anyone else coming from TX?

Only 25 Days to go 

I am trying to get the New Owner to bring the XTC - he has all the info.

We should have Ricks Mera up and ready to go by this weekend!
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Looks like the Formula will be in the show - just tried to register and it did not go through - I'll keep trying. Got a little more interior cleaning to do and she will be ready to go! Looks like Class number 38 - Fiero - Restored original due to the new paint job, seaat recover and headliner rehab.

I agree class 37 Original and 38 Restored sounds right to me. If the regitration does not seem to go through again you should email them and ask if it is indeed not going through, if it is not working I think they would do it over the phone. Email info@gunnisoncarclub.com

http://www.gunnisoncarclub....t/products.php?cat=7

16 days to go
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I've been so busy Pat I didn't even think about registering the car for the show. I'll get on it.
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to purchase the breakfast meal ticket.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
I just cancelled my Super 8 reservation if anyone wants it....call quick. Staying outside of Gunnison and driving in. There are some NICE places in the area.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

I just cancelled my Super 8 reservation if anyone wants it....call quick. Staying outside of Gunnison and driving in. There are some NICE places in the area.

Me Too!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you found some place to stay that's more unique than the Super 8 motel. The only reason we stay there is because it's directly across the street from the showfield. It's convenient when you want to shower or do other "personal" things, as opposed to the community rest rooms.

Any idea what day/time you all plan to arrive?
Christine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
There are a lot of things to do and see in this area, I am a native of Colorado and this is my favorite area to visit, it never gets old for me. Kevin and I are staying and extra day and we are planning to go on the Black Canyon boat tour on Sunday after the cruise to Crested Butte if anyone wants to join us.
http://www.nps.gov/cure/planyourvisit/boattour.htm

We are driving home on Monday to avoid the traffic heading back to Denver and so we can spend the day Sunday enjoying the area.

Check out this website
http://www.gunnison-co.com/....php?pid=blackcanyon

I can’t wait, 14 days to go.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 08-04-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
It will be a whirl wind trip for us Texans. We can't leave until Friday - but we will leave pretty early - would like to be into Gunnison by 5PM Friday. It may be possible for us to leave Thursday evening and make it part way - would like to get to Santa Fe or farther - that would put us in Gunnison Friday afternoon. We need to be back in El Paso Sunday night. Looks like 3 Fiero's for sure - Dan's 86 GT, Ricks 88 Mera and my 88 Formula. We have one other 88 Formula that we are trying to get running that may go? Won't know till we get closer to the date. I'd like to say I'm ready but I'm not! WOrking feverishly on the Formula interior - should have it done by next weekend. Dan's car is ready to go and we are doing some work on Ricks Mera this Sunday - axle replacement and a slave cylinder rebuild. We should have been doing this a few months back when it was still kind of cool out! These 100* plus days are a killer! Can't wait to breath some Mountain air!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Gunnison weather watch...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCO0175

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 08-08-2011).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 10 days.....
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Worked on the Redheaded Mera on Sunday - Changed a passenger side axle, rebuilt the slave cylinder, changed the TStat and installed 1.6 roller rockers. Still has a vibration? Seems to be pinging more due to running a little hotter? Got a little more to do before next week!

Waiting on some headliner material to finish the interior of the Formula.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock