Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I am starting a Indy restoration!! Also I need some parts who wants to sell me them? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I am starting a Indy restoration!! Also I need some parts who wants to sell me them? by DeLorean00
Started on: 03-29-2011 11:51 PM
Replies: 71
Last post by: DeLorean00 on 08-10-2011 10:05 PM
KraigG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KraigGSend a Private Message to KraigGDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car! I can't believe how cheap some of the Indys go for. This one looked like it was in pretty good shape to start with.
IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Thanks!!

Yeah dont let the photos fool you. This car was a pile to start with. Every single part of the car was broken, faded, missing, half ass repaired, or just plain worn out. But it was a true Indy and it had a straight rust free frame.

Now its like a totally different car.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
PUUUUUUUUUURDDDYYYY!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Thanks!!

More progress. Windshield banner on, along with the red stripes on the wheels. Also worked on the interior more.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Looks like the exterior is done, what's left?
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Nice work... I like the indy's too and yours looks pretty nice. I personally think it NEEDS to be a little lower because the stock wheels and tires just look so small in those wheelwells. I know it is the way they came but the cars just look so much better when they are lowered a bit.... Other than that it looks TITS!! Peace

Pete

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Did you replace the seat covers with original Indy logo'd fabric?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I think the exterior is finished. I still have the interior to finish, I need to put the steering wheel back on, install the radio, finish the center console, install the seats, etc. So currently the car is 98% done.

As for the seats I they are the Mr Mikes indy clones. So they just have the sewn in Indy logos.

And I agree they sit a little high, but I don't want to modify this car. Its being returned to factory stock, the way god intended it to be. LoL
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
If you ever do another one, and the owner wants original seat fabric, this guy "may" still have some. I bought some from him several years ago. It ain't inexpensive tho--IF he has any left.

DOM Corey Upholstery & Antique Auto Restoration in Fairhaven, MA. 1 Arsene Way. (508) 997-6555.

(it's a business, and is listed many places on the net, so I am not divulging any of the guy's personal info by posting it.)
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If you ever do another one, and the owner wants original seat fabric, this guy "may" still have some. I bought some from him several years ago. It ain't inexpensive tho--IF he has any left.

DOM Corey Upholstery & Antique Auto Restoration in Fairhaven, MA. 1 Arsene Way. (508) 997-6555.

(it's a business, and is listed many places on the net, so I am not divulging any of the guy's personal info by posting it.)

Thank you!! Yeah we were on a budget with this build and of course we went over. If this had been a really mint low mileage Indy to start with I would have probably wanted to go that route with the seats. However this was a basket case, so we opted to go with a Indy Clones and keep cost reasonable so we could spend money elsewhere. And to be honest 99% of the people looking at the car will never know the difference.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Nice work... I like the indy's too and yours looks pretty nice. I personally think it NEEDS to be a little lower because the stock wheels and tires just look so small in those wheelwells. I know it is the way they came but the cars just look so much better when they are lowered a bit.... Other than that it looks TITS!! Peace

Pete

In response. LoL. (thanks ohioindy)

PFF
System Bot
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Just wanted to show an update as to where I am currently on this build. Please tell me what you think!!

I still have to repaint the air cleaner and add the decals to the valve cover.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Is that a pre-recall heat shield in the back of the engine compartment? I've never seen one that shape before?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Is that a pre-recall heat shield in the back of the engine compartment? I've never seen one that shape before?

No idea???
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
So the headlight motor keep running at the top and bottom of their cycles? Any ideas on what I need to replace?
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

So the headlight motor keep running at the top and bottom of their cycles? Any ideas on what I need to replace?

It sounds like time to rebuild the headlight motors. www.rodneydickman.com The gears may be stripped.

You are doing a great job at the restoration.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Saved this indy!! Its all done. Enjoy the photos.

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Great Save!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Thank you!!!!
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
This looks simply beautiful. Excellent job and thanks for keeping another Indy on the road.

Sam
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThatFieroKid:

This looks simply beautiful. Excellent job and thanks for keeping another Indy on the road.

Sam

Thank you Sam.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Just freakin amazing!!!!! Nice job

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Do my Indy next?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Just freakin amazing!!!!! Nice job

Thank you Danyel. All the positive feedback is really appreciated.

Its funny how this project was completed a couple of months ago and now it getting lots of response. Bottom line, I was really happy that this car was saved. Before I started this restore the guy was trying to sell it on craigslist, and he said some of the people interested seemed as if they just were going to drive it into the ground.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by tbone42:

Do my Indy next?

Sure!

My garage is always open for restorations. Seriously. I will gladly restore your car or anyone elses on this forum. My prices are very reasonable.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Sure!

My garage is always open for restorations. Seriously. I will gladly restore your car or anyone elses on this forum. My prices are very reasonable.

DON'T ... TEMPT ME... FRODO!

Seriously, my wife would have what is scientifically known as a "Tizzy"...but, who knows after a year or two? Wish you were not so far away. It looks great!
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

DON'T ... TEMPT ME... FRODO!

Seriously, my wife would have what is scientifically known as a "Tizzy"...but, who knows after a year or two? Wish you were not so far away. It looks great!

Well let me know if you ever change your mind. Convince your wife when your car is finished with the restoration you two can fly out for a vacation in California. And then drive home in your freshly restored car!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Seriously, what's the ballpark estimate for an Indy restoration similar to this one? Just askin'

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Seriously, what's the ballpark estimate for an Indy restoration similar to this one? Just askin'

This was a pretty comprehensive restoration. The car was majorly messed up. We replaced or rebuilt almost every part except the long block of the motor and the transmission. But for this job it came in right about $5,500-6,000. But if we were just doing a cosmetic restoration it would cost about $3,000. Thats parts and labor out the door. Given every car is different. And I can do different levels or restoration to fix different budgets.

Here is a link to some of my work. This 88 GT I restored in here came in under $1,800.00 parts and labor. It was a minor restore.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0502-6-066997-2.html

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 08-10-2011).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Given every car is different. And I can do different levels or restoration to fix different budgets.

Thanks for the answer. I know some people wouldn't even want to put a number out there for fear that someone will try and hold them to it later. I was just curious what it would cost to finish my Indy. I've done most of the mechanical work, now it needs a cosmetic resoration, (paint, stickers, wheels, interior, etc). If only Cali wasn't so far away.
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Thanks for the answer. I know some people wouldn't even want to put a number out there for fear that someone will try and hold them to it later. I was just curious what it would cost to finish my Indy. I've done most of the mechanical work, now it needs a cosmetic resoration, (paint, stickers, wheels, interior, etc). If only Cali wasn't so far away.

I could do it for a very reasonable price. I do it for the love of the car, not to make myself rich. I normally only make like $15.00 an hour on these projects, but its worth it for me to save the cars. Let me know if you ever want to do it. And we can talk real number on what your project needs.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock