Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lets see some wild Notchies!!!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lets see some wild Notchies!!!!! by McTamney
Started on: 03-29-2011 10:41 AM
Replies: 52
Last post by: rcp builders on 04-03-2011 12:01 PM
McTamney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
The fastbacks get most of the build threads and I'm trying to think of some things I want to do to my car. Bone stock 86 2.5 auto. I wanna see what you guys have done.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Well mine is not too wild on the outside. Just a clean late model coup body. My interpretation of the perfect fiero.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Is this wild enough for ya?

This project car started out as an '87 SE (with 2.5 4-cyl and auto tranny) that had crash damage, and a bit of jerry-rigging from the previous owner. It had one foot in the boneyard. But I was able to whip it back into shape. I later decided to turn it into a project car. As a result, it ended up with a sport suspension, a 3.4 V6, and a Getrag 5-speed transmission. Oh, and I made some modifications to the bodywork.

One of these days, I might actually paint it. I need to finish the body work first, though. And that's the problem. Because just when I think it's done, I think of something else to do.

You can check out the build thread here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000049.html

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-29-2011).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thedrue:

Well mine is not too wild on the outside. Just a clean late model coup body. My interpretation of the perfect fiero.

EXTRA FINE

Maybe my Fiero can look up to your Fiero as inspiration.

Cordially,

Kevin

p.s. Any photos of the inside?

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt say its wild, but Im pretty proud of all my hard work. Recently finished, pics are from daytona last weekend. Its got a built 3800sc, getrag 5 speed, I did the T-top conversion myself as well as everything else on the car and the paint is less than a month old.

-Joe

thedrue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
no problem Kevin! Im honored. I will post inside pics later. Maybe sometime when Im in the area we can get together and do some cruising. I have family in Sac.

Joe, I love your car! I have been watching the build and think she is darn near perfect. Course I think mine is too so there are obviously many ways to be perfect. How are you liking that 3800SC?
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

My one of a kind creation I built for my wife.....

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Soon to have an active aero wing (for track use) that was built and designed by myself and my colleagues at school:

Video:

At least the wing is pretty wild! lol

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post

Video:

At least the wing is pretty wild! lol

[/QUOTE]

That is so full of win its not even funny!!!!

------------------
1987 Black GT with BIG plans

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

That is so full of win its not even funny!!!!

Have you read through the build thread (especially the part about the spoiler)?!?
It pretty much sums up 'win'

For those that haven't: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000100-14.html

and my vote for a Wild Notchie goes to one of Archie's creations:
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I've always been a fan of Tracy Powell's:

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
84 IMSA

84 base

88 turbo 3400SFI formula

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 03-29-2011).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

84 IMSA

84 base

88 turbo 3400SFI formula

PK how you liking your 88 turbo 3400? and i would post pics of my notchie but i think she is to far from done and not wild enough really
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SeperatedSoul:

PK how you liking your 88 turbo 3400? and i would post pics of my notchie but i think she is to far from done and not wild enough really

It gets. Its at my mechanic's right now getting a T fitting oil leak fixed because i have no way of getting under the car but once thats fixed its going to get the tune rebuilt so i can kick some a$$ and get better then 10 MPG highway. premium is a b*tch on the wallet at those kinds of MPG

SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

It gets. Its at my mechanic's right now getting a T fitting oil leak fixed because i have no way of getting under the car but once thats fixed its going to get the tune rebuilt so i can kick some a$$ and get better then 10 MPG highway. premium is a b*tch on the wallet.

ya i bet glad i dont need to buy premium fuel. and only 10mpg on the highway??! wow that thing is kinda hard on fuel you should start a full build on it though if you start doing some more stuff, she is a nice car.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

ya i bet glad i dont need to buy premium fuel. and only 10mpg on the highway??! wow that thing is kinda hard on fuel you should start a full build on it though if you start doing some more stuff, she is a nice car.

I have a few plans for it. I kinda wana put the interior back together.
thedrue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
If your really running that rich I would imagine premium is not necissary! It will become more needed as the engine is tuned better and running leaner.
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

I have a few plans for it. I kinda wana put the interior back together.

good plan . i want to do that to mine also
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

good plan . i want to do that to mine also

Lol try driving without a carpet... its no fun... i want to do something to deaden the sound on the interior.
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Lol try driving without a carpet... its no fun... i want to do something to deaden the sound on the interior.

why would the PO rip out the carpet? lol and ya i can imagine she is a bit loud
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

why would the PO rip out the carpet? lol and ya i can imagine she is a bit loud

1 for weight reduction and 2 i think he said it wont fit with the seat. and its not like i can put the stock Fiero seats back in it because unless your braced in this 88 is one stern mistress to drive.

SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

1 for weight reduction and 2 i think he said it wont fit with the seat. and its not like i can put the stock Fiero seats back in it because unless your braced in this 88 is one stern mistress to drive.

ok ya i get ya. and i always wondered how a turbo fiero would be she sounds fun non the less
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

ok ya i get ya. and i always wondered how a turbo fiero would be she sounds fun non the less

Lol your not getting what i mean by the noise though after a day of driving it you litterley go to sleep hearing Revving and blow off valve in your head.

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

------------------

need someone to make me a new sig.

bigthoogs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigthoogsSend a Private Message to bigthoogsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

HECK YEA! i have a special place in my heart for the VR6. i used to own a VR6 jetta. loved that car. lots of power from that little v6. nice!
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Lol your not getting what i mean by the noise though after a day of driving it you litterley go to sleep hearing Revving and blow off valve in your head.

oh no i completely bet it would be. it would be ridiculously loud. my 86 duke is loud enough and its all stock pretty much (well except the nasty exhaust someone put on it) but ya i can only imagine how your turbo would be
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bigthoogs:

HECK YEA! i have a special place in my heart for the VR6. i used to own a VR6 jetta. loved that car. lots of power from that little v6. nice!

Seen the thing in person about a year ago. Dave is absolutely the best talent i have ever seen when it comes to engine swapping. when he says hes going to get it done you better believe he is gona deliver on it.

(lol look at me. said i was fastback for life thought i was gona be fastback for life and now 3 notchies later.

oh no i completely bet it would be. it would be ridiculously loud. my 86 duke is loud enough and its all stock pretty much (well except the nasty exhaust someone put on it) but ya i can only imagine how your turbo would be

Lol you should see when i took it out on a date with this girl I was seeing. I purposely got on it to hit the Blow off valve. Scared the hell out of her. they dont fcall it an RFL (really f***in loud) for nothin.

ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
And the part that make it fun

And these are hopefully going in this weekend if i have time
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Lol you should see when i took it out on a date with this girl I was seeing. I purposely got on it to hit the Blow off valve. Scared the hell out of her. they dont fcall it an RFL (really f***in loud) for nothin.

thats awesome haha :P
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ckrummy:

Here is mine
And the part that make it fun

And these are hopefully going in this weekend if i have time

How well of a job does your dynomat dampen down the engine by noise? I need it in my formula real bad.

PFF
System Bot
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

at first i saw the paint and i was like "WOAH!!! SICK!" then i saw the motor and thought "wait wth? something aint right." but i love the paint.
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
My contribution-not real wild but lots of changes!

ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post

How well of a job does your dynomat dampen down the engine by noise? I need it in my formula real bad.

I'm sure it helps but my headers are still kind of loud, but in a good way and the supercharger whines like crazy.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

My contribution-not real wild but lots of changes!

WOW tell us more about that front end!! And pics of the rear as well!!
I like it!
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdE2hIfePLI

not to many upgrades but a V8.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Mine isnt real flashy on the outside.. But its what you cant see that matters.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Revin, there was an earlier thread on my car in General Chat a few months ago. I'm not smart enough to post the link, but it will search under " Self indulgent pictures". Thanks for asking to see more.
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I will look it up! I love it!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock