Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  We'd like your input - New Short wing Stand Prototype!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

We'd like your input - New Short wing Stand Prototype! by Oslo
Started on: 03-17-2011 03:02 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: craigsfiero2007 on 03-19-2011 10:30 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
www.TLG-Auto.com

I am happy to announce another new Fiero product, albeit not a really crazy modification, something new for your Fiero!

The idea has been around before, but nothing exactly like this has been available.

Maybe you've heard about our stealth wing stands that lower the wing and move it backwards?
http://www.tlg-auto.com/Fie...lth-Wing-Stands.html

This new product that will be available soon is called the Shorty Wing Stand!

Here are the pics:

Basically these wing stands drop the factory Fiero spoiler down as close to the decklid as possible. Works on both Notchback and/or Fastback models.

We're looking to you, the Fiero community to help us decide if this product idea is something you'd be interested in purchasing or not, and why! The suggested sale price of this set would be $89 which would include instructions, hardware and new gaskets.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 03-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
lets see an action shot and take it from there. i like the idea though
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Like the idea but would need to see a set installed.
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
edited -
checked out your stealth wing, that is what I was looking for.

[This message has been edited by BOBBY D (edited 03-17-2011).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea. Would like to see too them on a car as well.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

edited -
checked out your stealth wing, that is what I was looking for.

I am one of the original purchasers of the Stealth Wing Stands. One of my favorite mods. It changes the entire look of the car, and as an added bonus, my bumper cover doesn't gather dust from the road like the stock setup. Here are a few pics...

You just cannot go wrong with TLG. Oslo is a trusted business leader, and an active Fiero enthusiast. TLG is constantly upgrading their product line, and often seeks advice on their next great product.

Tony
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I think what you need Oslo, is a member of the community (Ahem) to test pilot a set of these on their Notchback Fiero (Ahem) and then document it well with their new 14.1 Megapixel digital camera (Ahem)....

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Those look cool. Sure they fit?

I was looking at the stealth wing stands before, but preferred the stock height with the wing. I ended up drilling new holes in the decklid and moving the wing back that way. If there was something to move the wing back and keep the stock height (and avoid having to fill in the old holes - I hate bodywork) I'd have got that. Just a thought.

Brad
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I think what you need Oslo, is a member of the community (Ahem) to test pilot a set of these on their Notchback Fiero (Ahem) and then document it well with their new 14.1 Megapixel digital camera (Ahem)....

Might be better to test this out on at least TWO "Test Notchies"

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Thats more like it.. if i dident have the wrap around on my cars id be up for one of these.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
The pictures Tony Kania posted up are of an existing product, the stealth wing stands.

The stealth wing stands drop the wing AND move it back to give a more aggressive look.

The product I'm showcasing here is a new prototype wing stand called the "Shorty". All it does is drop the factory wing as low as it can go.

I think you guys are right, I need a test subject.....
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
Those might look good on my gt. My wing stands are cracked anyways. I'd be interested in trying them out.

Mike

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT, 2000 Corvette Coupe Z06 conversion
projects and parts for sale.[/COLOR][/b]

Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely be interested in this. Didn't really want the wing to be moved back just down so I can see better out the rear view mirror. As we know the wing as it is cuts right in the middle of your view.
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I love them, when Im done with my swap, i will purchase there for sure. I never loved the stock look, but I hate all aftermarket wings, this kinda combines the two!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Kinda sorry guys, but I was misinformed... we already have demo pictures.

Enjoy!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Those look great. I still prefer the Stealth ones.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock