Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tyler Shipman Show Donations and Door Prizes - Now Open! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tyler Shipman Show Donations and Door Prizes - Now Open! by Synthesis
Started on: 03-02-2011 10:16 AM
Replies: 213
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 08-29-2011 09:10 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
And just for the hell of it... Bump. Page 2 ownership.
IP: Logged
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
The Hella Headlight modules have arrived from PTC Factory Outlet!
I have a set of buckets that are due to go to Germany that I can use for Photos... Still working on T3 harnesses, and will get that piled into the box soon.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
With 4 posts in a row, you were sure to get the 2nd page somehow

Free Bump
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, this thread is dying an early death.. Need to keep it at the top.
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
really wish i could be there. so i made a donation to a EXCELLENT Cause. come everyone this is a noble cause!!!!!!!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
$100.00 - JohnWPB (He wants that quilt!)
$40.00 - craigsfiero2007
$50.00 - JimmyS
$50.00 - Bill-Cotter
$100.00 - DIY-Stu (John can't just Have the quilt)

Bill-Cotter

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterDirect Link to This Post
bump
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store gift certificates have arrived.. Two $25.00 gift certificates.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
And wait until you see what arrives this coming week!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

And wait until you see what arrives this coming week!

Yup. I got your PM, I can't wait to see it!
Bill-Cotter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterDirect Link to This Post
Oh' man. I'm going to need to buy more I bet.
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
you have already raised one 500 scholarship!!! Way to go - high five! Our goal for the car show was to support two 500 scholarships per year - 5 months before the show is even here you guys are 1/2 way to our original goal. we may have to up the anty to two 1000 scholarships. fabulous!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

you have already raised one 500 scholarship!!! Way to go - high five! Our goal for the car show was to support two 500 scholarships per year - 5 months before the show is even here you guys are 1/2 way to our original goal. we may have to up the anty to two 1000 scholarships. fabulous!!

Going as big as we possibly can with this... We have nearly 2000 in prizes now... I'd like to raise at least 1200 from this alone... If not more.

I started this early with the goal of being able to hand over a big chunk of change.

So far, so good.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Why is this on the second page?! Keep it at the top please.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
mmeyer86gt/gtp is stepping up with two of his Leather wrapped shift knobs/handles.

If anyone has had the pleasure of shifting a Fiero, be it manual or auto, with one of these shifters, you know the difference real leather can make in the look and feel of the car.

These are two individual prizes, winner's choice to style.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-07-2011).]

cheapindy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheapindySend a Private Message to cheapindyDirect Link to This Post
My donation has been sent.

------------------
"I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later" - Mitch Hedberg

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cheapindy:

My donation has been sent.

Got it! Will update when I get home! Thanks!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Updated. Sorry it took so long.
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
Donation sent. Chris, I sent you a PM.

Doug
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doug.s:

Donation sent. Chris, I sent you a PM.

Doug

Doug... HOLY CRAP!

Doug has really brought this thing through the roof.
A single donation of $250.00 to add to the other funds that have been raised...
Everyone needs to step up their game!

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
WOW Doug!!!

I wanted this:

and NOW I will be lucky to just get this

PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Already spitballed this idea off of Syn, but I'd like some thoughts from the rest of you guys:

I'm considering donating either some Sparco t shirts (3-4 ranging from small to xl in size), with embroidering or screen printing on the back with show info. If that doesn't suit you, I have considered donating a set of Hella E Code H4 conversion housings with bulbs instead, as a door prize, and maybe a Sparco hooded sweatshirt to boot for the winner, once I get sizing info (these sweatshirts are awesome, very warm and comfortable).

What would you guys prefer?

All compliments of FHC (me) and rallylights.com (my suppliers )
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I personally like the idea of the shirts and hoodies. The reason: There is already a complete set of lights, buckets and harness. Secondly, the shirts will be nice door prices, other than the larger stuff. So my thought is, the more items in total to win, more people get something, and more people are inclined to purchase tickets in the hopes of winning something.

These are of course, just my thoughts.

And thank you for taking the time to consider donate something for a very worthy cause!
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I personally like the idea of the shirts and hoodies. The reason: There is already a complete set of lights, buckets and harness. Secondly, the shirts will be nice door prices, other than the larger stuff. So my thought is, the more items in total to win, more people get something, and more people are inclined to purchase tickets in the hopes of winning something.

These are of course, just my thoughts.

And thank you for taking the time to consider donate something for a very worthy cause!

Aw shucks, no need to make a fuss over it I wanted to come last year but circumstances didn't prevail So I'll make up for it this year

Well, reason I was thinking the lights is so there is a choice. Some may not want the 90mm modules and may want to stay with stock looking lamps. I ran the E code H4's on my 88 with 85/80 watt Osram hyper bulbs, and it was much nicer than the crappy stock sealed beams

I figure maybe a set of the H4's with a Sparco hoodie or t shirt, choice of color/size to winner, for a decent prize package Something that'll appeal to the purists of the bunch

Have a few other options to consider, and my merch donation plans are up in the air at the moment, but we'll see what happens Until then though, if anyone else wants to chime in and offer thoughts/ideas, feel free to (although it may be better to PM me, since I don't wander off the T/OT range into GFC often these days).

-XB
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Aw shucks, no need to make a fuss over it I wanted to come last year but circumstances didn't prevail So I'll make up for it this year

Well, reason I was thinking the lights is so there is a choice. Some may not want the 90mm modules and may want to stay with stock looking lamps. I ran the E code H4's on my 88 with 85/80 watt Osram hyper bulbs, and it was much nicer than the crappy stock sealed beams

I figure maybe a set of the H4's with a Sparco hoodie or t shirt, choice of color/size to winner, for a decent prize package Something that'll appeal to the purists of the bunch

Have a few other options to consider, and my merch donation plans are up in the air at the moment, but we'll see what happens Until then though, if anyone else wants to chime in and offer thoughts/ideas, feel free to (although it may be better to PM me, since I don't wander off the T/OT range into GFC often these days).

-XB

As stated in our PMs.. If you plan on providing pre-chosen merchandise for an award, please ship it directly to me ASAP.
If you want to offer a choice, then send me a gift certificate of some kind, easily identifiable by you based on a number or series of characters on it to identify it as legit..

Thanks for helping out.
Chris
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
BlackThunderGT adds 10 more entries to the cause!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
LOL...Man you are quick Chris...I was going to say donation sent and your beat me to it
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
There ya Go Chris, I wanted to get it over the $1000 mark
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
That you did. LOL
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

As stated in our PMs.. If you plan on providing pre-chosen merchandise for an award, please ship it directly to me ASAP.
If you want to offer a choice, then send me a gift certificate of some kind, easily identifiable by you based on a number or series of characters on it to identify it as legit..

Thanks for helping out.
Chris

No problem Chris Soon as I get things organized and figured out, something (whatever it may be) will be on the way. Hopefully in the next few weeks here, once I get back home
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I also have something in the works from Innovatek, the company I have been working with on the CarPC stuff. I am not sure what we are going to donate, but it will be a gizmo/gadget for use in any make / model of car. I am thinking a reverse camera and LCD screen possibly. Chris, I will let you know as soon as I do.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, so I was bored

I made a small little program that will show you the donations total when you run it. It's that simple. The icon is actually the coolest part of the program I think

You can it DOWNLOAD IT HERE

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-09-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bumpage:

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Ok, so I was bored

I made a small little program that will show you the donations total when you run it. It's that simple. The icon is actually the coolest part of the program I think

You can it DOWNLOAD IT HERE

how could a techno dummy like me get that on my car show web site?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Chris, I can help ya out with your spreadsheet, by letting you know Diy_Stu is in TX

Nellie, This is unfortunately no easy task! I am using a script to load the web page, and scrape out the information. To do this from a web site would take all sorts of code, permissions, ASP/Java ect to set up. I posted that script a bit early actually, as I am working on making it a bit better. It will be a semi-transparent widget that you can run on the desktop, and will update every hour or so. It's not that it's really that useful, but by coding little things like this, I usually learn to program better

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Chris, I can help ya out with your spreadsheet, by letting you know Diy_Stu is in TX

Nellie, This is unfortunately no easy task! I am using a script to load the web page, and scrape out the information. To do this from a web site would take all sorts of code, permissions, ASP/Java ect to set up. I posted that script a bit early actually, as I am working on making it a bit better. It will be a semi-transparent widget that you can run on the desktop, and will update every hour or so. It's not that it's really that useful, but by coding little things like this, I usually learn to program better

you lost me at "code" LOL
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top. Please help keep this on page 1.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

How 80’s is this?

I will donate three commemorative sets of the 2010 & 2011 Tyler Badges I had made up last and that are in the works for this year. I will mount on “velvet” display boards, minus the Elvis, the two “2010” and the new “2011” Badges. They will be suitable for framing.

Jeff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:
How 80’s is this?

I will donate three commemorative sets of the 2010 & 2011 Tyler Badges I had made up last and that are in the works for this year. I will mount on “velvet” display boards, minus the Elvis, the two “2010” and the new “2011” Badges. They will be suitable for framing.

Jeff

Jeff,

I bet those will look fantastic mounted like that.. I may have to look into just buying one off of you for the hell of it.

I am trying to get enough extra door prizes, such as car detailing supplies and whatnot so that I can have the door prizes at the show for everyone involved, as well as this group of door prizes for Fiero people...

I think a plaque that you mentioned would go good in either group so that non-Fiero people can get in on the prize goodness as well (without really getting a shot at Headlights they do not need and would never use, etc).
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
The box from Vernon arrived.. Inside I found a BRAND NEW ERTL MPC 1988 Fiero GT model kit.

The kit includes everything you need to put together a stock style 1988 Fiero GT, or a customized with wide tires and custom wheels.
It even includes "Recaro" style custom seats...

This thing is impressive, still sealed in it's original plastic, and ready for a skilled modeler to assemble!

My camera died on me, but as soon as I get it working or get a new one, I will post photos.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock