Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Hella 90MM full upgrade raffle idea to benefit the Tyler Shipman Memorial Show (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Hella 90MM full upgrade raffle idea to benefit the Tyler Shipman Memorial Show by Synthesis
Started on: 02-25-2011 09:33 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: Synthesis on 03-02-2011 10:17 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Edit: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084681.html

Original Thread:

This is just a feeler thread to gauge response...

Timo (Fiero1Fan) has agreed to donate a set of low profile headlight buckets.
I am waiting to hear back from Hella on a set of 90MM lamps (and will pay out of pocket if they can't help), and I will also donate a full Tier 3 harness..

This will be a full, ready to install kit for your Fiero to upgrade to the Hella 90MM DOT approved racing headlamps...

100% of all proceeds would be donated to the Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show as part of the overall fund raising.

I am thinking that 10 bucks a ticket would be a reasonable price, with no limit to how many can be purchased. The drawing would not be held until the day of the car show, and notification of the winning ticket number would be as soon after the show as internet would be available.

Thoughts? Feelings?
Total retail value would be 620 bucks. Package would be shipped the week following the drawing.

Please let me know what you think.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If I had a fiero I would buy 2 tickets. I would only buy one
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Personally I love the idea.

I have tried to do this a couple times and everytime I try, I get reminded that Raffles are illegal.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Personally I love the idea.

I have tried to do this a couple times and everytime I try, I get reminded that Raffles are illegal.

Ok, let's remove the word Raffle...

I will accept 10 dollar donations from everyone for the fund raising for the show...
I will randomly choose someone using an undisclosed method of drawing a name from a bucket, and I will then gift a full set of buckets, lights and a harness to them, completely unrelated to the donations.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 02-25-2011).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a great idea =) wish i could be there to enter!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

sounds like a great idea =) wish i could be there to enter!

Entries could be made by anyone... Not just at the show, but on the forum, etc...
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Ok, let's remove the word Raffle...

I will accept 10 dollar donations from everyone for the fund raising for the show...
I will randomly choose someone using an undisclosed method of drawing a name from a bucket, and I will then gift a full set of buckets, lights and a harness to them, completely unrelated to the donations.

LOL! That's Epic! Its an excellent idea! I would be in for a few tickets
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Need input.
Would there be any interest in this?
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Seems like a really cool idea, I would definitely consider buying . . . or excuse me making a couple donations lol, with a chance of winning an awesome set of lights. I have the Hella 90mm setup on my SE and would love to get a set for my GT, definitely worth it for whoever wins . . . err wait I mean recieves the gift.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I don't need the headlights, but I'm in for a ticket or two.

Bob
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Let's up the ante...

How about a second prize for the same drawing...

A ready to bolt in front mount battery tray, with my battery cables. Everything needed to move your battery in one single shot.

Getting the overall theme here? The prizes.. I mean, gifts, would be complete sets of whatever, ready to bolt in to modify the car. No additional parts needed to do so. Gift Recipients would receive a complete ready to install product that requires no additional shipping, delivery, store trips, etc..

The gifts would be complete.

My goal here is to DOUBLE what was raised last year at the show... cornersonrails printed up the Camp Shipman T-Shirts, and then donated all of the funds he received from the sale of those to the car show, that, in addition to odd donations and the entry fees resulted in a 1600 dollar intake that was given to cancer research...

I would like to see no less than 100 separate 10 dollar donations (or larger donations) towards the show fund this year... And I will foot the bill on prizes if I have to to make it happen...

What do you say?

Any further interest in this?
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I'd be in for a couple for sure.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic idea Chris! You can count me in for a couple of donations!

I think Danelle already has a PP account set up already for the scholarship fund. A different donation button can be easily made on the same account, that when clicked will show a subject that can be set up. "Donation for Headlight Buckets" for example. I wrote some donation ware, and had buttons in different places, that when someone donated, it went to my PP account with different subjects, so I knew where they saw the donation button. This way, that persons name is associated with the donation, and can be printed on a piece of paper to put in a hat for example

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
We are in as well. Great idea, Chris.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Count me in.

Just a word to the wise for people making paypal transactions for this... "DO NOT" put anything in the subject of your payment that says Raffle!!!!! Paypal will freeze the account holders account until all monies are refunded.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 02-26-2011).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Count me in
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I won't be starting the "donations" until I know I have complete product kit(s) available.

Once I have everything in place, I will begin accepting donations.

The ticketing will simply be names in a hat. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you donate 10 bucks, you get your name once.
50 bucks, five times in the box it will be in.
A list will be publicly listed, with the number of entries next to the name.

Entries can be made in person, in cash/check at Fiero car shows that I attend, or if I can get an official Fiero club representative at a show to handle it at shows I can not make, etc, and then sending the funds and list of names with donation amounts...

I want this to go smoothly, and raise some serious cash for an excellent cause.

I have a good reputation on the forum, with the exception of my shipping and production abilities on the parts I make, so I'd hope that people would be willing to trust me with this, and I have no reason to think otherwise.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Will you be doing Paypal for "Donations" for the people who can't make any of the car shows?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Will you be doing Paypal for "Donations" for the people who can't make any of the car shows?

Yup.
Donations being sent as "gifts" would be the best method unless there is a "Donation" method, which I don't remember if there is...
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
count me in for a few tickets
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Count me in too

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 02-27-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Yup.
Donations being sent as "gifts" would be the best method unless there is a "Donation" method, which I don't remember if there is...

Recieving donations sent as gift is not a good idea. An alert will be sent to paypal if you receive x amount of gifts from various sources in a short period of time. I have had this happen so I speak from experience.
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Chris - have people paypal you and just call it "donation to Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship Fund." Whatever you raise after your cost, add to the lump sum at the car show or present a separate check made out to Frazee Area Action Fund with Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship Fund in the check memo. The money raised will be accepted by a school board member Jim Nelson - actually one of Tyler's favorite teachers in elementary school. Hope that helps... don't call it a raffle - call it a "donation." I don't have a separate paypal account for scholarship donations but have accepted them at my own paypal account. if you want to do it that way lmk. it is just my email address which i think you already have.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Recieving donations sent as gift is not a good idea. An alert will be sent to paypal if you receive x amount of gifts from various sources in a short period of time. I have had this happen so I speak from experience.

During the build project, most payments were sent as a gift, and we received a LOT of 5 and 10 dollar payments. Paypal never said a word to me. But I understand why it would send up a flag.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Definatly in on this one !
Wam3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wam3Send a Private Message to Wam3Direct Link to This Post
I would be in as well.
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
In
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
You know I'm in!

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
InfiniteWill has agreed to donate a brand new GT Trunk seal, one of his latest revisions to the cause.

Hella and PTC Factory Outlet has tentatively agreed to donate the full set of High and Low beam 90MM lamps for the light kit. Final approval has to come down from above.

I have a feeler out with another vendor for one more part to complete another ready to install prize.
The prize list is growing...

I am excited!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Update just now: PTC Factory Outlet is donating a full set of High and Low beam lamps for the Headlight kit!

This is the same company that provided all of the 90MM lamps during the Group Buy event I organized a while back.

THE best company to deal with when you start talking Hella lights.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 02-28-2011).]

marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanDirect Link to This Post
I am in for three tickets, let me know when I can purchase them

marc-alan
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I'm down.
Bill-Cotter

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterDirect Link to This Post
If your going to do Paypal then I'm in for 5 tickets when the time comes.

[This message has been edited by Bill-Cotter (edited 02-28-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
A Forum Member has stepped up to the plate and is planning to donate a complete ERTL model kit...
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 1/25 model kit, all parts are still wrapped, includes decals and instructions in an excellent condition box.

More goodies for the giving!
bristowb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bristowbSend a Private Message to bristowbDirect Link to This Post
I am in for $20. P.M. me with address please.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Some discussion outside of the forum on shipping prizes...

I am willing to pay out of pocket for shipping on the prizes, but I am not made of money, and I was doing some evaluation on pricing.

As such, based on the size of the items being shipped, I will reserve funds from the donations for prize shipment based on size of package.

Insurance on all high dollar prizes, etc.
I expect no more than 35 shipping to the US for the headlight package, etc. Remainder of funds after the shipping reserve will be sent to Nellie via Paypal.

Just a statement that needed to be made. Funds will be well documented.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
im in for a few tickets

rob
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Archie has stepped up with a front mount battery tray to complete the battery relocation kit...
So I now have three complete, ready to install kits for prizes.

Thank you Archie!
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I'm gonna be ticked if I win a GT trunk seal after I go and buy one from Will! LOL Just kidding everyone should have a spare anyway. Edit to say this is a fine thing you are doing here and one of the many reasons I come to PFF.

InfiniteWill has agreed to donate a brand new GT Trunk seal, one of his latest revisions to the cause.

Hella and PTC Factory Outlet has tentatively agreed to donate the full set of High and Low beam 90MM lamps for the light kit. Final approval has to come down from above.

I have a feeler out with another vendor for one more part to complete another ready to install prize.
The prize list is growing...

I am excited!

[This message has been edited by donnie072003 (edited 02-28-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top...
Heard some positive input from another vendor, waiting to see what they will bring to the table.

I have also contacted the president of one of the Midwest Fiero Club member clubs to see about getting club participation at all of the car shows.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock