Started on: 01-08-2011 09:18 PM
Replies: 195
Last post by: hnthomps on 01-03-2012 07:47 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you John. He will have a greater appreciation for the car and what it took to get it on the road if he is involved! Blood, sweat and tears kind of thing.
IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Will do on the pics. I will put the parts in as they arrive so the big parties can work out more major issues. If I let him read the thread he will know...but its a good idea! maybe give him the car then read the thread as a background...hmmmmmmmm...
ninjabruce

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
My wife will be out of town so I will be pretty free this weekend if the clutch parts get in or you want to tinker on some other stuff......just let me know !!!

------------------
1986 SE 383 SBC w/ 5spd
aka "Homewrecker"

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
WOOOT!!! Wrench turnin time! Bring the HomeWrecker!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
It wasn't much, but PayPal sent. Perhaps pizza, or hydration. Keep up the posting. Feeling good, never hurt.

Tony
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
It all adds up Tony. I am sure Joel will appreciate it. Of course, thats when he actually finds out!
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
JR ya need to put the PayPal info near the top in the first posting so it is easy to find for everybody.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Since some folks won't take credit for their donations in public I still want to publically thank them. Thanks to Russ for the forthcoming Fiero trunk cover. Joel's car is going to end up being nicer than mine!!!!! It makes me really want to have it painted before he gets it. I may have to talk to some body shops...wonder if I can get one of teh painters at the base to paint it....hmmmmm.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what your budget and tooling will allow you to do but... maybe a good time to learn how to do it yourself.

www.tcpglobal.com

Or on the really cheap to learn the gun,

www.paintforcars.com
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
May need one of you northern folk to take a vacation down here to Florida...I'll put you up if you paint the car!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Probably cheaper to get one of the floridians to do it. I know there has to be somebody on here that lives down there, and knows how to paint.

Don't be shy!

Side note... most backwater body shops will be happy to show you how to set up your gun. It's how i learned up here. Strangely enough ended up teaching another forum member on here too... Padawan teaching another padawan. it was fun... anyway... if you get in a jam let me know. i have vacation time. I'm sure the wife wont care as long as i come back.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Appreciate that! I would really want someone watching over me on my first one. I guess I could see if I could get a body shop to paint everything body off for me for the costs of materials. It can never hurt to ask and its for a good cause.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
Small amount sent. Good luck.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
TY Guys...all proceeds will go driectly to Joel for Insurance, gas, or whatever he sees fit!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
JR, I had to wait until a little money came in so I could cover shipping, so the clutch master and light switch will go out tonight. Sorry for the delay.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Like you have to apologize to me Hulki...Its family man...no worries.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Adding taillights to the list. They work but lots of cracks.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
JR, the slave and headlight switch have been shipped. I thought both parts were in great condition, but they aren't as great as I thought. They both do work, but the slave will need cleaned up a little. And since I am not happy with the headlight switch that is in the box, I am going to order a new one from Rock Auto on Monday and have it shipped to you.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has a set of tailights that are not of great condition, but crack free, I will offer my services to refinish them. I followed IMSA GT's method with my GT lenses, and have had nothing but wonderful comments on the results. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/074495-2.html

I am real about his. If anyone wants to send me a set that is not of the best quality, I will do the refinishing, and send them to Johnny. I have everything that we would need. It would take me only a day or two to finish them up, and reship them. PM me with anything that anyone has to offer. My services are here for the taking.

Tony
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I've got a right one.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Drool..Tony Taillights!!!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
24 degrees out this morning...gonna be hard to get motivated to work on the cars. Maybe next time I will wait until spriing/summer to start one of these!!!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ouch, 24 up there! Brrrr..... Hard to believe with temperatures like that you live in Florida

I just PayPal'ed a bit to help with whatever needs done. I sent it as a "Gift" which everyone that is going to PayPal something should do, as there are then no fee's taken out.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John!!! We are up to 39 now...hopefully 50 today but I won't hold my breath. I need to go get a fuel pump for Brians Formula then on to Joels car. Good point on the gifting option. They have been taking 6% out of donations. I just figured I would make up the charges.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-15-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
39? man... i wish it would get that temp up here. I think we hit a whopping 20 today.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
51F WOOTTT!!! Time to get to work.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
soooo any pics?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
John, a new switch from RockAuto has been ordered and is set to ship directly to you. Please let me know when it arrives, and that it works. Thanks buddy!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Hulki...you da man! I can tell you that this car is going to try me. Today I fired it up and it ran smooth then I noticed smoke from the alternator. Two years of not running...sigh.

Finally, none that would look any different except the rims. Two parts have arrived and a few should be here this week. The car really needs outer dew wipes badly and we need to figure out where moisture is getting into the interior. Think it is going to be tune up time and then clutch system (hoepfully not the pressure plate and throwout bearing) and then brakes.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-15-2011).]

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

PM returned. I've got a really nice set that don't even need refinishing, so tail lights are covered.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Sweeetttttt!!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Spoke with our local Autozone today. I got the manager to donate up to $100 dollars in parts. He said to contact the two asst managers in the store should I need anything else. I think I may drive around and see if we can get some sponsership on this project!!!!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Spoke with our local Autozone today. I got the manager to donate up to $100 dollars in parts. He said to contact the two asst managers in the store should I need anything else. I think I may drive around and see if we can get some sponsership on this project!!!!

Now THAT is fantastic! Ok... autozone has partially redeemed themselves in my eyes!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
We have a great one here even though I have to drive a bit to them. Not to be outdone and since I know most of the guys, Advanced set up the same deal!!!!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Even better...

As for the alt... How good are you at taking things apart? If the shaft isn't bent it still can be saved. Some rubbing alcohol and some q-tips are all you need. Let me know if you wanna attempt it.

Edit: and maybe some bearing grease for the bearings.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-16-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I can take anything apart!!!!!!!! Its the gettign it back together that kicks my butt! Some background...I jump started TJP (The Joel Project) to get it going as I realized that one of us left the ignition on last weekend (Doh!). Its started right up and ran smooth. About 1 min into warmup it started to sputter a bit. i went around the rear to see what was up, disconnected the jumpers, and saw the alt smoking a bit (just slightly). Now it may be my bad for leaving the jumpers on longer than I ever have that caused the problem or the alt may be fried from sitting stagnet for 2 years. It still spins easy and I will try to start it again today. However, the sputerring running startled me a bit.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Cup Holders and vent covers on their way! Did I mention some Fiero samaratens that do custom work are contributing???
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Cupholders huh? my car doesn't even have them... geez. Spoiled?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yep, and now some Diystu dew wipes!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock