Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Got an 88 GT T-top with a 3800sc project :-D (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Got an 88 GT T-top with a 3800sc project :-D by Alex4mula
Started on: 08-29-2010 02:02 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: mrfixit58 on 02-15-2012 01:11 PM
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I was not supposed to fit another car in my driveway but it happened. I always wanted a white GT and a good friend of mine new it. So when this one showed up he called me up. Only reason I got it was because it is an 88 CJB T-top and it had a 3800sc thrown (literarily) in the back. It needs a lot of work. The engine conversion needs all to be done except exhaust/axles. It has a 4t45e trany that if I keep it I may upgrade to 4t65e. Does the 4t45 and 4t65 mounts are the same? Interior needs major TLC. I'm still not sure I will keep it but it sure looks great in my driveway Oh, and that tall silver spoiler, if anyone out there with a good stock height white one wants to swap let me know.

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 5 speed
304rwHP/366rwTQ

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
Nice, I was just saying to the wife I needed to finish the v8 4 speed up so I could get to work on.a 3800 auto. The t -tops definitely make it worth thinking hard about. Keep us posted and congratulations. Ray
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great project! Any info on the wheels?

Nolan
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i like everything but the spoiler.... its WAY to high.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Looks like a great project! Any info on the wheels?

Nolan

Thanks all. The wheels are 17" MOMO. It is an old design they used to have. If I keep it I will sell them. I would like some gold wheels if I keep the beachwood interior. Good thing is it came with brand new tires. Bad thing is it can't use them yet....
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Thats a nice looking GT

Looking forward to your rebuild thread.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Is that spoiler used to hang it up in the garage to dry?
I love white fieros. Every vehicle I own is white.....except my fiero!

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus" SOLD!
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

Is that spoiler used to hang it up in the garage to dry?

That is the special "no rear view blind spot" option they used to offer
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
Wing is god awful, glad its going! Wheels are momo Arrows. Lower it and its good to go. NICE
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I have a gold wing I could trade you.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosaint:

.. Lower it and its good to go. NICE

Yeah. It still has the stock 4x4 look. The only thing low is the priority to lower it.

Jake; I preffer a white one as paint is low priority too. The paint on the spoiler is very good. I would say 9/10.Tks

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 08-29-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
So much for silence?
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
I have a white wing and stands I will send you a pic of tomorrow.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Alex !

Disregard my pm btw, as i now see what it is you purchased.

With your skills i know it will turn into something awesome.

Like most have said, lower it, rip off that horrible wing (hehehe and i am a wing guy), and you have got a sweet ride.

i love your projects and am looking forward to following this one.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Congratulations Alex !

Disregard my pm btw, as i now see what it is you purchased.

With your skills i know it will turn into something awesome.

Like most have said, lower it, rip off that horrible wing (hehehe and i am a wing guy), and you have got a sweet ride.

i love your projects and am looking forward to following this one.

The spoiler is not my favorite but it has its look. Problem is it is silver. This will be a budget build as it was not in plan. So don't expect too much
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

The spoiler is not my favorite but it has its look. Problem is it is silver. This will be a budget build as it was not in plan. So don't expect too much

It might not be the most attractive set of wing stands around but it seems that it would at least make it functional keeping it above the low pressure area.

Edit to add: I will get that pic to you soon of the white wing I have. I have been very busy lately and my camera is very temperamental. ( the screen is broken so I can't review pics as they are taken)

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 09-01-2010).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Have you looked into seeing if you can use the 4t45e? I would have guessed it was different enough from the 65e that you couldnt use it with a 3800.

I would have a feeling the mounting system would be similar.

Those wheels wouldnt look bad if you de-4x4'd it. Is there coilovers or something in the rear? It looks much much higher than most swaps.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Have you looked into seeing if you can use the 4t45e? I would have guessed it was different enough from the 65e that you couldnt use it with a 3800.

I would have a feeling the mounting system would be similar.

Those wheels wouldnt look bad if you de-4x4'd it. Is there coilovers or something in the rear? It looks much much higher than most swaps.

The trany is mated to the 3800. From the clowdy history of this car I got that apparently it was used before in a 4.9 Fiero. The thing is that the shift lever at the trany was not moving. After some WD40/PB Blaster it moves but not as freely as I would like. So with my trany luck I may not want to trust this one. Probably I will weld my own mounts if I have the time. The car has stock suspension. Way too high to my liking.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Apparently there are some updates soon to come on this project ?

I know it is going to be bad to the bone !
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I am very close. This has been like Overhauling show. I needed to touch everything on this car. But instead of one week and 52 workers it is one worker and 52 weeks Cradle is ready to go in and I think all major fabrication is done. I sold the old wheels today so I need to buy tires for the new rims. My latest goal if the rest goes well and no surprises is to have it running (but not painted) for the Run to the Keys. Will see.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Alex!
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Alex, nice 88GT T-Top...

BTW, are those TFS cross drilled rotors?? If not, what brand??

Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Alex, nice 88GT T-Top...

BTW, are those TFS cross drilled rotors?? If not, what brand??

Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Thanks,

Thanks all for the compliments. No, these are not TFS rotors. I got them at Ebay from the vendor below. They look very nice and I like the black finish so it doesn't rust. You know that those centers rust and look awfull with open rims.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=370524308192
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Good looking car... That spoiled gotta come down a few feet, imo... :-)
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

Good looking car... That spoiled gotta come down a few feet, imo... :-)

Don't qoute me, but i believe he already ditched the spoiler.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-01-2011).]

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
High spoiler is gone. Got the new tires on the new rims today Nice BFG KDWs Tomorrow the cradle goes back in.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Kind of steam punk looking. I like the color choice a lot.
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
That is mounted really far to the left ain't it?
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

That is mounted really far to the left ain't it?

Cradle is in! Suspension and brakes bleed done too. Now need to connect power, grounds, coolant hoses, intake, make plug wires and finally figure out how to deal with the trans cooler lines. The 2008 trany has these new quick connect fittings and need to find out how to deal with that. The engine is mounted with WCF mounts so it is where those mounts locates it. The trany is very close to the driver side cradle but then so is the alternator to the other side. I'm so used to the V8 that I find tons of space around.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Alex, did you make it out for Run for the HIlls and if so how did the car hold up and handle ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Alex, did you make it out for Run for the HIlls and if so how did the car hold up and handle ?

This answers it.

Slammed baby !! Love it.
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I'm about 50% done with it. Wheels are XXR 18x7.5 38mm rear and 17x7 38mm front. Tires are KDWs 245-40 rear and 225-45 front. I was going to widen the rear wheels to 9" but postponed for now.

Just out of garage:

After RFTH:
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Alex, sharp looking ride you've got there! I'd love to see some more shots of those front wheels you've got now, and how far they stick out based on the 38 offset. Those old MOMO rims you had were nice looking, but the way those front wheels stuck out looked kinda ridiculous (otherwise I'd have tried to get them from you!).

Robert
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Took car to body shop for paint last Saturday. Should be ready in two weeks. Now the wait...
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Daytona?
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
that car is screaming for the skitime chin spoiler mod...just a thought...tim
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Daytona?

For sure
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Alex,
That is looking pretty sweet. I am sure it is a ton of fun in the Florida sun... Nice work man...peace

Pete
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
How did you lower it? (sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it)
Looks great with the Beechwood interior and gold wheels!
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

How did you lower it? (sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it)
Looks great with the Beechwood interior and gold wheels!

Thanks. Actually it is a tan interior not beechwood. I cut 1 1/2 coils front and 1 1/4 rear on 88 springs. Next time I would do 1 1/14 front too just to be safe.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock