Alex's Fiero by fiero al
Started on: 07-06-2010 03:54 PM
Replies: 134
Last post by: fiero al on 06-23-2011 01:28 PM
fiero al

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
also i have found a way to post pics off my new phone so heres the pics i missed with the other posted.

my old and new oil gauge and the connector [ don't have pic of the 88 sending unit other than the one in the car]

88 expansion tank [don't have pic of the 88 gas tank]

replacement AC pump that ii'm going to use to replace mine with

car show that me, Matt [gold se], Matt's dad [gold gt], and Scott [white 88] went to on Thursday

gauge cluster with LEDs i bought from matt

other gauges with LEDs

ipod cable for my radio

new 88 oil gauge sending unit [ kinda see it by the battery cable]

my new trunk LED light

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 05-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that was quite a list. 40 items eh? Most are done or are in progress though. All I have is my "To-do" list, I erase things off it when I complete that certain task. Nice pictures, but I have seen all those things/cars in person.

Install something like this baby right here. 3800 S/C Series 3!

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
ya the reason i leave things on the list is that i can use it as a reference for when i did things like change oil or other fluids. also it would be nice if i could do an engine swap like that in my car but it would take some time and money that i don't have at the moment but i will hopefully have a job soon but till then i can only do small upgrades. i also noticed a couple of days ago that my belt seems to be squeaking a little when the engine is cold but when it warms up it goes away. i checked the belt tension and it seems tight. the only thing i can guess is that the belt got warn somehow. i'm going to take a better look at it this week. only 5 more days of school left for me till summer is here and i can work on my car
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well after thinking it out and talking to Matt i decided that if i'm going to do an engine swap that i would do the 3800 NA or supercharge [ supercharged if i can find one but might end up going with the NA] i figured that if i could get a spare fiero cradle i could have the engine and work on it getting it ready and still have the car to drive until it's time to put it in. i might be getting the spare cradle from Matt but i have to wait and see what he is going to do. i also plan on getting the engine from Pull A Part since i can get the engine and the trans for around 200 dollars and all i have to do is find the one that is i the best shape and with the lowest millage. from what i could find on their website they had a lot of cars there that were in the right year and model to have the engine and a lot of them were placed there recently so i just to find the right one. i'm not sure when this project will happen but i think it will be sometime soon since i'm now done with high school and have the whole summer to work on it. for now i'll just have to keep on planing on what i'm going to do next.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well i officially graduated high school today . got my diploma at my Commencement today. i have pictures but i have to wait till my grandfather sends them to me since he was the one who took them on his camera. I'm so happy now that high school is officially done. now i have to worry about college. other than that i now have time to work on my car and get it better then ever. hopefully with a 3800 SC
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Woo, go Alex!

And no swap, sorry, not aloud.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
yesterday me, my dad, and Matt went to pull-a-part. i was looking for a 3800 sc and Matt was looking for other small parts and a 5 speed manual trans. we did find a 3800sc but the car was in a front end accident and the engine looked like it was piked at for parts already so we decided to not to get the 3800sc from there. i decided to look online a see if i could find one on ebay. as i looked i found a guy who sells engines like the 3800sc with all the other parts like the trans and computer together. its a little more expensive but at least i know the engine is in better shape and has a better chance of working. i still have to work out a list of things i need to buy and what i need to fabricate for this swap. i should be able to fabricate the mount for the engine mount. i also plan to keep the Alt were its at and just modify the trunk lid for it and i would also fabricate a bracket for a modified dog bone with the Alt still being on top. i would need an idler pulley to replace the power steering pump. there are other things i need to cover for this swap but i have time to think on it since i haven't got the engine yet but hopefully I well soon. i will have a list soon that i will post of what i will need to do with the swap.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Alex was looking at the engines/transmissions Ed Morad in Cleveland sells. From what I have heard on PFF its an expensive but good business to deal with for good running engines and transmissions.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
today me and Matt went to Ed Morad in Cleveland to go look at the engines they had there. we found the one that i plan on getting. it a 3800 supercharged from a 1999 Buick Regal GS with 124k miles on it. the engine with other parts including trans and computer cost around $1,400. it looked good for the price and so i plan on getting it Monday. heres some pics of the engine.

fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well today i got my 3800 SC . right now its sitting in front of my garage because i need to find a spot to put it inside the garage. i plan on starting to take things off of it and getting it ready to be cleaned tomorrow. i have pic but photobucket is down today so i'll post them tomorrow. i also have pics of the upgrade gas tank that i cleaned up recently.

[This message has been edited by fiero al (edited 06-15-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 12-24-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
well yesterday and today i started taking apart my 3800 for cleaning. i got the wire harness off and i started taking other parts off as well. below are pics of my progress [there are many and not in the right order since i put them all on at the same time]

cleaned up gas tank

pics of engine being taken off truck
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

taken crossover pipe off

alt is off

wiring harness hanging on the side till i can think of what im going to do with it

box of part that i'm not going to use

parts i'm going to use

trans cooling lines that i took off at a latter time

sticker on side of trans that shows that it was rebuilt

water pump being taken off

valve covers taken off and switched around

more parts taken off

relocation of dog bone bracket [for now since i'm low mounting the alt]

more pics to come once i get more work done n it [hopefully i can get them to stay in the right order]. the progress will be slow at first because i still need to get the garage space situated and the tools more organized for working. i plan on starting to clean the engine over the weekend once i figure out whats go were and a better way to move things around. i will also try a get better pics next time
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
today i was able to get a wooded pallet with rollers on it so that i can move the engine around. also i'm going to start cleaning the engine today since i can now move the engine easier. ill take pics of what i done with it later when i'm done with it.

also i have been trying to find pics of the wire harness stretched out to see the lengths of the wires and how every thing lays when its done. so far all i have been able to find are ones that are already in the car and its hard to tell what they have done to it. i was wondering if anyone had any pic or diagrams of theirs that they have done so i can get an idea of what i'm going to have to do with mine. along with that, does anyone have pics or a diagram of the connectors that need to be rewired to work with the fiero wire harness. the diagrams i have found were not very helpful. ether one of these will be helpful.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
yesterday i got my push cart pallet so that i could move trans around and the engine stand so i could move the engine around. with these two things i was able to get the trans and engine apart. with them apart i was able to get both of them cleaned up. along with that i was able to pull more parts off the engine. with the engine and trans cleaned up it looks a lot better and it will be much better to work on now. here are some pics of what has been done.

NOTE: [first pic is at the bottom again, haven't figured out how to get photo bucket to save it in the order i want it to other then completely changing to order by hand]
OIL PAN OFF

SUPER CHARGER OFF

AFTER CLEANNG

NEW PUSH CART WITH OUT THE WOOD PIECES ON IT

still got some other parts to take off like the timing cover and lower intake. after that i'm gonna start putting it back together with some new parts and gaskets that i plan on ordering soon. i also plan on having Matt's friend look at the trans since i have it out. along with that i plan on getting some of the parts painted and polished. valve covers will be painted candy apple red and the super charger polished on the outside [ maybe painted with some sort of silver paint but i'm not sure yet]. i still need wiring pics or diagrams but its no big thing at the moment.
fiero al

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero alSend a Private Message to fiero alDirect Link to This Post
i moved my 3800 swap to a new post https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086095.html. latest updates will be post there from now on
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock