Started on: 12-31-2009 06:07 AM
Replies: 55
Last post by: bjc 350 on 01-20-2011 08:39 PM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Here's a pic of Ron's CTGT that he's still working on with the ribbed IMSA's from Fierowarehouse installed.

Note that the stage II's from Aus are different than the IMSA's, in that the IMSA's are curved into the body while the stage II's are angled in with no curve. There are many cars with the ribbed IMSA's installed, maybe those folks haven't seen this thread or haven't bothered to post pics.

falcon_ca has them on his car in his sig, but the pics he posted don't show up for me.

Thank you project34 for your kind words and positive review of our scoops, really apprecite the vote of confidence!

We've tried to keep the price down on all our products, though the cost of materials continues to go up. Just because you pay top dollar, doesn't always mean you get the best product, kind of going against the old addage: "you get what you pay for". It takes me longer to cut the scoop openings, install retaining wires and screens, drill all mounting holes than it does to lay up a set of quarter panels, but we still only charge around $50 for that service, while most other quarter panels you buy will require you to do all of those operations yourself, or charge you much more than our price to do it for you. I posted Rons picture because I really like the way his car is turning out with the chop top from Archie's kit and the side scoops and Sage chin spoiler.........bad a$$...........in my book!

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 01-20-2011).]

IP: Logged
kooljess

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine looks like let's see if people can spot why mine looks a little different from the rest of the Stage II set up.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

[This message has been edited by kooljess (edited 01-17-2011).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

let's see if people can spot why mine looks a little different from the rest of the Stage II set up.

Just a guess, but it looks like you've changed the top of the scoop opening to better match the lines of the car to me. That's the way I always thought it should've been done to begin with. If that's not what you did, then I guess I don't know what's different!

HAGO!
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Naw, he extended the door strake through the front fender to the wheel arch. Looks good, wish I had done mine that way.
magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post
Dont know who owes the car

------------------
Project "Devil Dawg"

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

Naw, he extended the door strake through the front fender to the wheel arch. Looks good, wish I had done mine that way.

BINGO!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that piece on the bottom of the front fender (extended "strake") part of the original kit??? Always thought it was.

HAGO!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Back in 1991 or so I didn't like what was available so I decided to make my own. Mine lines-up with the door opening. Later in 2002 or so I decided to add the PISA ZR1 rocker onto the scoop. However, never gotten around to adding a screen. Oh well, I usually get bored very easily and move onto other things

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Sage, I bought a set of Aus Fiero scoops directly from him about 3/4 years ago. They didn't come with that little piece for the front fender. If you notice, most installs of the Aus scoops don't have it either. It really should be there. I was too preoccupied with all the other stuff when I put my car together to make that little piece.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS sells something similar... I wonder if the measurements are close enough to modify to match...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 01-19-2011).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
I think it was part of the "original" kit, but before stopping production since more than half the people who bought didn't use it, Aus stopped including it in the kit............but I've been wrong before! Since I actually remember being around when the kit and Aus showed up, could be I'm getting too old to correctly recall stuff! Either way I do think it looks better extended that way.

Thanks bjc 350 for your input, like I said, I've been wrong almost as many times as I've been right in my life! Used to have a friend who didn't feel that way, or at least wouldn't admit to it....he used to say: "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"LOL

Curly.........Your scoops are STILL some of my favorites.........GOOD design never gets old.........like Fieros!

HAGO!

edit to add...looked up Aus's site and found the stageII kits. The fender piece WAS part of the original kit. You can see it in the picture and in the description, it lists the kit as 6 pieces. Not a big deal, just kinda checking my memory banks......"coulda swore those came with the kit!" just edited this post cause I don't think it's all THAT noteworthy, like I said, just checkin myself.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 01-20-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
http://www.cardomain.com/ri...4/1986-pontiac-fiero

I just added them to the car in late november before I put the car asleep for the winter. Clock on the photo and it get's larger.

------------------

Get your copy of the Fiero 25th Anniv book at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/349809

Best RV, Camper, and Trailer dealer in West Michigan. http://www.cliffstrailersales.com and he's a fiero owner too!

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
wow I made this thread awhile ago...and hey look at that...an old thread that was bumped and the OP isn't banned...or even has a neg rating ( that I can see haha )...where's my cookie!?

------------------
"Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle %@&$ off a horse."

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Reading this thread made me drool and forget my name.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
since i was the one who resurrected this i tried giving you a +(cookie) for ya but i already did a while ago. Eh... i tried.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTDirect Link to This Post
My version of side scoops.

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Sage, I took a look at Aus site too, and it does say 6pc. But, the only pic showing 6pc installed, is the unpainted set shown in the small pics you show off his site. All the finished pics do not show any front fender pieces. I wish they had been included, it really looks correctly done with the strakes running all the way. Thanks for looking that info up, I didn't know his site still existed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock